Prozone v Pen and paper

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Was just thinking if AI is a fan of the prozone thingy that cost an arm and a leg, or if given his taking of notes during the Dingle victory he work on what his eyes see regarding a players performance/workrate and attempts to put it right on the training ground with the Help of his notes, just curious.

Was just thinking if AI is a fan of the prozone thingy that cost an arm and a leg, or if given his taking of notes during the Dingle victory he work on what his eyes see regarding a players performance/workrate and attempts to put it right on the training ground with the Help of his notes, just curious.

I think for a club with a large infrastructure - including foreign interests, academies and the prospect of multi-million pound signings pro-zone is a useful thing.

For a manager to see if a player is 'up for a relegation fight or not' its useless.

I think for a club with a large infrastructure - including foreign interests, academies and the prospect of multi-million pound signings pro-zone is a useful thing.

For a manager to see if a player is 'up for a relegation fight or not' its useless.

Can't argue with that Arthur.

It's not as simple as Prozone v Pen and paper, and considering the majority of clubs in the top two divisions use it (and some way more than Laws) the scapegoating of Prozone for our league position is fairly ridiculous.

http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10...1317327,00.html

It depends on how the results are applied by a manager.

Many clubs may have it, but exactly how influencial is it in regards to actual decisions?

Who is responsible for it? It could be a director of football, first team coach, assistant manager etc.

Or perhaps the pen and paper is to remind him of something to address at half time or to raise at full time when everyone's there to get the point across when the match is fresh in their minds? One would assume the prozone data isn't there to be instantly recalled 2 seconds after the events unfold?

It depends on how the results are applied by a manager.

Many clubs may have it, but exactly how influencial is it in regards to actual decisions?

Who is responsible for it? It could be a director of football, first team coach, assistant manager etc.

Absolutely, when all the successful clubs are using the same tool then you have to either question if the person is using it right or if it even forms anywhere close to a tiny percentage of what it takes to manage a successful football team, but to simply blame our current plight on the mere presence of the system (as some seem to on here) is fairly laughable.

It's not as simple as Prozone v Pen and paper, and considering the majority of clubs in the top two divisions use it (and some way more than Laws) the scapegoating of Prozone for our league position is fairly ridiculous.

http://www.pnefc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10...1317327,00.html

So are you saying we are using it incorrectly or that with most clubs using it, it proves it makes no difference whatsoever, is just the latest fad and a total waste of money? It would be interesting if it could be taken away from the clubs that currently use it and see what difference it makes to a teams seasons performance. I would guess zilch.

Guest intercity0wl

Absolutely, when all the successful clubs are using the same tool then you have to either question if the person is using it right or if it even forms anywhere close to a tiny percentage of what it takes to manage a successful football team, but to simply blame our current plight on the mere presence of the system (as some seem to on here) is fairly laughable.

Iam not blaming prozone in anyway for our plight, i was just wondering how much AI might rate it or use it. But as arthur says whos job is it in the coaching staff to analyse the stats and how they convey these results and to who may have a big influence on any supposed benefits it brings.

Thing is, a lot of people on here just don't 'get' prozone.

It's not just a computer game - and it's not the be-all-and-end-all for any coach and manager.

A huge amount of focus was put on ProZone under Brian Laws by a lot of users, but do you honestly think that it replaced traditional coaching methods?

ProZone is - and always has been - about supplimental objective statistical analysis and NOT about replacing any methods of coaching.

It's not just a computer game - and it's not the be-all-and-end-all for any coach and manager.

A huge amount of focus was put on ProZone under Brian Laws by a lot of users, but do you honestly think that it replaced traditional coaching methods?

ProZone is - and always has been - about supplimental objective statistical analysis and NOT about replacing any methods of coaching.

Whilst I understand you can't comment DJ1 I think the perception is/was that prozone's ready supply of selectable statitics were used by BL to schmooze and waffle his way through a Fans' Q&A to try and explain the fact we were crap.

Anyone listening to the reported stats with blindfolds on would've thought we were in the playoffs

Whilst I understand you can't comment DJ1 I think the perception is/was that prozone's ready supply of selectable statitics were used by BL to schmooze and waffle his way through a Fans' Q&A to try and explain the fact we were crap.

Anyone listening to the reported stats with blindfolds on would've thought we were in the playoffs

People on here were slagging off ProZone well before any meeting...

They show it working in the Olympic Museum in Barcelona - was there at the weekend. Very interesting. (another system not prozone)

As a prfessional coach, I know technology helps. However it simply provides you with information.

What you choose to do with that information and apply it to players and the team, is down to you and ultimately the players and what they take on board and decide to act.

I think the prozone publicity to show that Wednesday are coming up to speed with 21st century football and not that it would cure our problems!

They show it working in the Olympic Museum in Barcelona - was there at the weekend. Very interesting. (another system not prozone)

As a prfessional coach, I know technology helps. However it simply provides you with information.

What you choose to do with that information and apply it to players and the team, is down to you and ultimately the players and what they take on board and decide to act.

I think the prozone publicity to show that Wednesday are coming up to speed with 21st century football and not that it would cure our problems!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All true.

Did you read that on the box? :happy:

Are the data collected through prozone made available to the players?

I would imagine not! Serious danger of data overload - and I would imagine some pro footballers are not so clever!

I would imagine selected data would be used - highlighting both the positives and the negatives.