Crowd prediction for Peterborough match

Guest Ripley Owl

I've just bought tickets for me and eugene Jr - he's 4 and it will be his first ever game. Big onus on the team ...and the crowd ....to get him hooked :biggrin: ..I'm battling a strong Man U influence in our domestic life and living their side of the pennines only makes it harder.

Offer of a ticket for a quid will also soften the blow if he's had enough after 5 minutes, or even worse, before kick off .....you can take the man out of yorkshire :biggrin:

Guest Ripley Owl

I've just bought tickets for me and eugene Jr - he's 4 and it will be his first ever game. Big onus on the team ...and the crowd ....to get him hooked :biggrin: ..I'm battling a strong Man U influence in our domestic life and living their side of the pennines only makes it harder.

Offer of a ticket for a quid will also soften the blow if he's had enough after 5 minutes, or even worse, before kick off .....you can take the man out of yorkshire :biggrin:

Fantastic Eugene i hope he enjoys it , the atmosphere will be electric , my girl is 3 years and 10 months and i will be introducing her to our beloved Hillsborough before the end of the season. COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS ! :biggrin:

Fantastic Eugene i hope he enjoys it , the atmosphere will be electric , my girl is 3 years and 10 months and i will be introducing her to our beloved Hillsborough before the end of the season. COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS ! :biggrin:

This is brilliant to hear takes me back to the days when I took my sons to their first matches My eldest's first match was Jimmy Mullen's testimonial 6 month old scarf on me proud as anything.

As a club can't we try and make this first game special for these youngsters obviously a baby won't appreciate anything but the 4-7 yr old attending his/her first match how about a pre match bit of entertainment from ollie say in the Gym or on the pitch if nice weather just something to make it special for them.

My first match was sometime ago watching us against Man utd: law, charlton etc didn't mean much then but as a kid the match was secondary to the experience magical - *must look it up on google*

So come on let's get something organised -We need to secure the next generation

Guest oliver666

This is brilliant to hear takes me back to the days when I took my sons to their first matches My eldest's first match was Jimmy Mullen's testimonial 6 month old scarf on me proud as anything.

As a club can't we try and make this first game special for these youngsters obviously a baby won't appreciate anything but the 4-7 yr old attending his/her first match how about a pre match bit of entertainment from ollie say in the Gym or on the pitch if nice weather just something to make it special for them.

My first match was sometime ago watching us against Man utd: law, charlton etc didn't mean much then but as a kid the match was secondary to the experience magical - *must look it up on google*

It's nice to see some optimisium instead of some of the other pesimistic crap spouted on this thread. Attendances rely in the main on, previous recent results, weather, how the team is playing, importance of the match and how much people have got in their pockets. Christmas is now over,and hopefully people will now have been paid (monthly salaries of course) and 1st home game for the new manager. Reduction in ticket prices does not have that much bearing on the attendance. Taking all this into account, minimum 23k for Saturday.

Guest Ripley Owl

Good post Steelowl and great idea , i am sure as the attendances start to rise and we get more of the next generation coming to matches the club will up the ante and put more on for the kids ! PROUD TO BE A WEDNESDAYITE !

I predict 21,500.

However, we do seem to get better crowds in the second half of each season.

If we keep getting the results, the crowds will definitely start to improve.

I would urge everyone to buy their tickets for the sheffield derby in april.

Let's fill the stadium and let the pigs only have the lepps triangle.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

It will be a poor show if it's not over 20,000. I know it's January (traditionally low crowds) but "quid a kid" should counteract this.

I'll go for 20,882.

I would love to know historicly (sp) how many the kids for a quid incentive actually adds to the gate.

I would hope for at least 23k given our last 2 results and to welcome AI.

Cheers, Me too

Must admit I'm getting really excited about it now myself, haven't looked forward to a game this much for a while. He keeps asking how many sleeps until he goes to 'daddies football'.

I'll let you know how it goes ........

Guest Ripley Owl

Cheers, Me too

Must admit I'm getting really excited about it now myself, haven't looked forward to a game this much for a while. He keeps asking how many sleeps until he goes to 'daddies football'.

Nice one , well as of now there are only 2 more , thats unless he gets too excited and keeps you awake Friday night UP THE OWLS !

Guest Ripley Owl

Last chance to get your prediction in , THE BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS will be running down the tunnel in exactly 8 hours time to a thunderous reception from the Alan Irvine Barmy Army !

Cheers, Me too

:biggrin: My daughters been asking me the sleeps thing too, she's 3yrs 8 months and going to her first game.

She's so exited she woke me up at half four this morning wanting to set off, i'm bloody knackered.

Hope it's a good day for us all !

:biggrin: