Is the play-offs out of our reach?

Guest mozzyblue

Guest Distraught!

Next season in the premier league do you think we will have the squad to stay up there ?

Might have to tinker a bit!

I think Purse may have a few problems with Torres, Anelka, Drogba and Rooney but we always have Hinds for cover.

There is the security of having Buxton at full back and Clarke can out pace most Premier League defenders IMO.

We also have experience in the ranks. Jeffers has been there and done it! He knows all about life in the big league. There is no substitute for experience in these situations.

I would guess that European qualification might be out of the question for the first season back but a comfortable upper mid table position will keep most Wednesdayites happy. Maybe look at Showumni in the transfer window to give added strength and pace up front.

This thread might be a little unrealistic but i love the optimism of being an owl!! Id far rather it be like this than the total utter negativity,constant dissatisfaction and proverbial chip on the shoulders that those Blades have.

where the rumbleing hell have you been for three months?!?!

Might have to tinker a bit!

I think Purse may have a few problems with Torres, Anelka, Drogba and Rooney but we always have Hinds for cover.

There is the security of having Buxton at full back and Clarke can out pace most Premier League defenders IMO.

We also have experience in the ranks. Jeffers has been there and done it! He knows all about life in the big league. There is no substitute for experience in these situations.

I would guess that European qualification might be out of the question for the first season back but a comfortable upper mid table position will keep most Wednesdayites happy. Maybe look at Showumni in the transfer window to give added strength and pace up front.

At last, a serious post :laugh:

I know it's 16 points, but we have a game in hand as well.

If we go on a good run now and win say 4/5 in a row we could sneak it.

Anyone else think we have a chance?

The only way this could possibly happen, is for all the clubs (currently above us) going into administration with each getting a 10 point deduction. :ohmy:

On second thoughts, I doubt even that would be enough !

Its highly unlikely .........

But you never know :-)

We need to just take each game at a time and see whaty happens , staying up is priorty but i think we can acheive around 12th place looking at the current table. And i would be very happy with that.

Also id say if we can acheive mid table then it should boost confidence and attendances ready for next season. I think thats the most realistic thing Irvine should be aiming for , achieve safety and build confidence and expectation for next season.

Guest mozzyblue

Just go away and die!

Just read through this again, and JTT, if you wanna meet me for a drink before the game on Saturday and say that to my face, please let me know. I would love to "discuss" your above comments with you man to man.

Now back to the point, another win lads. The gap is getting smaller. Now we have confidence in the camp.

All the abuse I got was a little much, and although I may have been carried away with the first win, here we have another.

Bring it on.