So What Was Different Today?

no, what I mean is that just because he is a new manager, does not guarantee him a win.

The 'new man' is not the biggest factor, it is just the removal of the 'old mans' ways and methods which is (hope you understand that !)

So if it`s not the new man, who`s responsible for the removal of the old mans ways and methods.

Who is responsible for it then?

You`ve flippinglost me .

So if it`s not the new man, who`s responsible for the removal of the old mans ways and methods.

Who is responsible for it then?

You`ve flippinglost me .

It's hard to explain.... especially after a long chat with Mr Daniels !!

I think eventually we will all realise we have a proper manager, not one that used to run his own pr company, says the right things on TV, but behind close doors may be not as clued up as we all thought.

Just what I thought.

Scary.

The Good Lord help Burnley if true, but it's all in the past now, and I'm beginning to feel mighty relieved BL's gone.

The future's bright, the future's Blue & White!

Off to watch the FL Show...

:biggrin:

Guest fishnutter

new manager syndrome!

no not just new manager syndrome,we have now got a manager who instills a high degree of discipline and work ethic into is team .which then will bread confidence .how good it was to see today jj playing 87 mins ,under laws we could only get 65mins out of him .no doubt about jj could be a important player for us ,but we have not been getting the best out off him.how good will he feel tonite having played nearly a full game and scoring the winner.lets hope this is the start of things to come from him .because he could be a match winner for us .a irvine will turn this around this season and dont be surprised if he does it with the players at is disposable now .

So it seems the biggest difference seems to be the effort the players put into the game for the new boss. that was the big difference. That then seems to prove that BL had lost the dressing room and people were not buying into his ideas anymore. That being the case I guess it justifes the descision to let him go.

Effort, hard work and fitness.

Tudgay put in a shift (for a change this season) and Johnson managed to get all the way to 80, probably running more than usual, before running out of steam. Buxton looked sharper also.

Obviously we want and need those things, but I think the difference has been - AI is the first manager in a long time to not think of only effort, hard work and fitness.

We've spent the first half of the season not knowing who is marking the man at the back post.

'Who's marking him boss?'

'Try harder!'

'At what boss? I don't know what to do?'

'You're not fit enough FFS!'

*chicken wings in flight*

Whatever it was that was different I hope the message sticks with the players. AI said it was mainly working on shape when we didnt have the ball, which sounds pretty simple and obvious, so hopefully it'll continue.

Agree

i thought they all looked a yard quicker, and although AI only been there a week there seems a work ethic and a willingness to compete,scrap and hassle for every ball.

managerial input.... so happy to see him barking instructions, lambaste someone or something and generally look like he knew what he was doing and the players were listeningFull marks today Alan. The bar has been set high, you keep up that effort and organisation of tactics and you can be a saviour this season

Did you see him on the football league show, his voice was fooked at the end, bet he's not shouted at players that much in ages. :biggrin:

the shape of the team (no 'wingers' who are easily marked out of the game meaning you are effectively playing without them)

two 'solid' midfielders playing in the wide positions (meaning the full backs were rarely exposed)

JJ central (a la terry curran) meaning he was more involved and looking to play on the shoulder of the last man (we've got to get the ball down the channels to him rather than having his back to the central defender with the ball in the air)

organisation - they all knew their roles when we were defending

discipline -meaning no gaping holes in our midfield/defence, no free headers at the back post as everyone stook to their role/ task

passion - they looked like they 'wanted it' more than barnsley

confidence - a 1st min goal helped but even when we conceded a dodgy goal nothing changed,they all stuck to the 'blueprint'

all of this brought about,obviously, by a new manager !