So What Was Different Today?

Watching AI going ballistic every two minutes was inspiring to me let alone the players. He was constantly talking to the players think I prefer a tracksuit manager....We also won a lot more second balls than we have previously too

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Watching AI going ballistic every two minutes was inspiring to me let alone the players. He was constantly talking to the players think I prefer a tracksuit manager....We also won a lot more second balls than we have previously too

NAIL

HEAD

HIT

flipping

ON

In his interview AI said he'd been working on team shape and I could tell straight away. JOC & Potter knew their roles, something which they never did under Laws. Tactically we were spot on.

Effort, determination and will was all much better.

Plus, Beevers was awesome.

organisation.... the players knew their role and knew what they had to do in not only their own position, but also of others. Therefore in doing so, they knew how to highlight any potential dangers better and quicker than any other time this season

passion..... the players really looked like they wanted to impress, make a point and make ammends to all the fans who have seen them 'wipe their arse' on the proud blue and white shirt in recent months

calmness and confidence.... somehow, for the majority, players looked more willing to receive a difficult ball, control it instead of hoof it, think where a header or clearance wanted to go. Simple things like this make such a difference at this level

managerial input.... so happy to see him barking instructions, lambaste someone or something and generally look like he knew what he was doing and the players were listening

Full marks today Alan. The bar has been set high, you keep up that effort and organisation of tactics and you can be a saviour this season

EFFORT

COMMITMENT

PASSION

And they didnt look as soft as sh!t getting bullied like they have in recent months.

DEFINITELY.

Moore bullied us in the last few Derby games.

Today we took no poo poo from him.

Team shape.

They all played for eachother. They worked hard at keeping their shape which payed dividends defensively and going forward.

Not playing with out and out wingers meant that we were more solid in midfield.

JOC and beevers were immense.....I know I slate JOC all the time but credit where credit is due.

I'm taking a screenshot :)

So with the same squad that Brian Laws had, Alan Irvine pulled out a win. As one who was not at the game can someone let me know what he did to get the win. Were tactics different or formations or was it just players playing to impress their new manager? Whatever it was can we have more please.

The team had some resemblance of shape today.

oh and a little bit of luck as well.

So with the same squad that Brian Laws had, Alan Irvine pulled out a win. As one who was not at the game can someone let me know what he did to get the win. Were tactics different or formations or was it just players playing to impress their new manager? Whatever it was can we have more please.

Simples.

Shape & Hard Work - we've been lacking both this season.

so thats not new manager syndrome??

coming in with fresh approach, style, thoughts, tactics??

:laugh::laugh:

no, what I mean is that just because he is a new manager, does not guarantee him a win.

The 'new man' is not the biggest factor, it is just the removal of the 'old mans' ways and methods which is (hope you understand that !)