So What Was Different Today?

So with the same squad that Brian Laws had, Alan Irvine pulled out a win. As one who was not at the game can someone let me know what he did to get the win. Were tactics different or formations or was it just players playing to impress their new manager? Whatever it was can we have more please.

Team shape.

They all played for eachother. They worked hard at keeping their shape which payed dividends defensively and going forward.

Not playing with out and out wingers meant that we were more solid in midfield.

JOC and beevers were immense.....I know I slate JOC all the time but credit where credit is due.

Spurr has shown real quality for a young man and he deserves some slack. Under BL, he never had any cover from the midfield and he was of course humiliated by being hauled off after 30-40 minutes in a recent match by BL. Could have deflated him.

Don't play him until he's right then.

Guest blowback2004

We played 4-4-1-1 and it made a massive difference. When Barnsley had the ball we had a 5 man midfield and it made us more solid. Also Defenders were much more committed and attacked the ball very well. First time I've been to see Wednesday for ages and come out with a smile on my face.