Strikers For Barnsley

Guest jakeyb

After hearing about Sodjes return and Irvine being a fan of Jeffers, I think he'll start with them two saturday.

What do you....

Think about those two starting?

Think it will be?

In all honesty I think I'd go with those two as well.

Jeffers has got a fresh start, a new chance and hopefully he'll be desperate to take it. He was IMO the best Wednesday player on the pitch against Palace and regardless of what people have said about him since he came here (myself included) he has got undoubted ability.

As for Sodje, I just think that given the new manager and the new coaching team, perhaps a couple of fresh faces in the side who weren't part of our recent poor run would be a good thing too. Also when Akpo is fit he is a threat and his attitude is second to none and perhaps his enthusiasm could rub off on a few of his team-mates although that said, I'm fairly confident that given the fact that it's a local derby and their first game under a new manager, a lot of the players won't need any more motivation for this one.

In all honesty I think I'd go with those two as well.

Jeffers has got a fresh start, a new chance and hopefully he'll be desperate to take it. He was IMO the best Wednesday player on the pitch against Palace and regardless of what people have said about him since he came here (myself included) he has got undoubted ability.

As for Sodje, I just think that given the new manager and the new coaching team, perhaps a couple of fresh faces in the side who weren't part of our recent poor run would be a good thing too. Also when Akpo is fit he is a threat and his attitude is second to none and perhaps his enthusiasm could rub off on a few of his team-mates although that said, I'm fairly confident that given the fact that it's a local derby and their first game under a new manager, a lot of the players won't need any more motivation for this one.

I agree, I personally don't think he should have ben transfer listed either, he was used as a scapegoat for the poo poo performance at Port Vale, no other player would be treat as harshly as he was after it happened.

of he likes attacking football, hes surely going to play EE and JJ on either wing :S and tudders upfront with sodje :)

^^^^^

what he said.

then give jeffers the last half hour

of he likes attacking football, hes surely going to play EE and JJ on either wing :S and tudders upfront with sodje :)

I think he said he likes that but the priority is becoming hard to beat with uglier wins. I wouldnt expect to see both EE and JJ playing but you never know...

I hope Gray gets back in the side.

Id be looking at Sodje as he may be able to cope a little better with Darren Moore.

Good point, he's also a similar sort of player to Jon Parkin and he was always on Irvines teamsheet at Preston.

Jeffers should run circles round Moore if he gets the ball into his feet.

Exactly, a big lump like Darren Moore is going to win most things in the air yet he makes Leon Clarke look agile and is clumsy as flip. Play the ball to feet and chances are he will either commit a foul or get turned.

This was one of the things that really got to me whilst Laws was in charge, against the likes of Moore, after the first 5 minutes or so he would be happy to see us punting long high balls up field and watching them come straight back.

yes. No JJ.

And my midfield would be Soares/ Macca

I agree about the central midfield.

How Macca hasn't played more this season i don't know.

He'll play 4-5-1 and make it hard for Barnsley i reckon.. cant see him going gung ho and trying to stick 8 past them.

If he does, it will be Clarke upfront - i dont think Sodje will start. Tudgay out right/left, gray on the other flank, assuming hes back and fit.

Clarke

Gray,Potter, Mcallister, O connor, Tudgay

Spurr, Purse, Beevers, Simek.