Kids for a Quid for Irvine's S6 debut

Good idea in my opinion!!

Although I've got a season ticket on the South (and I've already got next seasons too) I've no problem with fans getting discounted tickets for certain games if it means we can fill out Hillsborough, create a better atmosphere and get behind the team.

If it's good for Wednesday then it's fine by me.

Almost every match seems to have a cheap ticket offer these days.

I think it's a good thing and I congratulate LS for this initiative

BUT I wish a transparent policy about this would be planned in pre-season, so that season ticket holder's know what to expect.

I know loads that are not renewing next season because it makes more sense to pick and choose the cheap ticket games and there's more flexibility.

We've all been saying that we reckon in the Summer 2010 LS will announce that "cheap tickets" will be a thing of the past, as a means to boost season ticket sales but this time I'm not going to be a mug.

BUT I wish a transparent policy about this would be planned in pre-season, so that season ticket holder's know what to expect.

I know loads that are not renewing next season because it makes more sense to pick and choose the cheap ticket games and there's more flexibility.

We've all been saying that we reckon in the Summer 2010 LS will announce that "cheap tickets" will be a thing of the past, as a means to boost season ticket sales but this time I'm not going to be a mug.

There is a clear policy - it is explained in the season ticket FAQ's:

Will the club be making a lot of free ticket offers in the 2010/11 season?

We will continue to offer complimentary tickets for key community groups throughout the season, however these will be limited. We do reserve the right to have reduced offers at key games throughout the season, but at all times consideration will be given to the impact this may have on season ticket holders.

Guest intercity0wl

Then get ready for threads next season on here giving the club stick for not keeping there old seats empty for when they pick and choose to attend a game and not being able to get away or Cup tie tickets as S/T holders and Members have took the allocation up

Buying a S/T has other advantages that will not surface untill they affects people who have took them for granted in the past.

There is a clear policy - it is explained in the season ticket FAQ's:

Will the club be making a lot of free ticket offers in the 2010/11 season?

We will continue to offer complimentary tickets for key community groups throughout the season, however these will be limited. We do reserve the right to have reduced offers at key games throughout the season, but at all times consideration will be given to the impact this may have on season ticket holders.[/quote]

I agree the policy has been explained but it doesn't give enough info for me to calcualte the financial incentive in buying a ST.

What does "limited" offers mean? "Consideration" will be given to ST holders is still a little vague and can be read in different ways.

I suppose the club mean that it will always make more of a saving being a ST ticket holder than paying on the day, even if with various offers

the saving might amount to £10 over a season.

I think LS should have a clear policy of for example

5 matches will be £10 for adults per season

5 matches will be £1 a kid per season etc etc.

Just to make it clear I'm not critising LS about the offers (anything to increase attendances is great) but ST need to be given a clearer policy.

I suppose LS could argue that regards finances and offers he needs flexibilty of offers in order to move the goal posts when the need is required.

Edited by sheffsteel