Quick quiz

I think you could be right about this being a focal point for his career though. But what he does from here on in will tell us next to nothing about what has happened in the past - you could just say "well, Laws ruined him anyway" if he doesn't do well or "see, Laws was holding him back" if he does well. I could say "well, players just develop differently" if he does well or "see, it wasn't Laws at all" if he fails.

I've no way of knowing if what you've said is true, but no-one involved would benefit from harming Beevers' career. If such a tactic had been used to motivate him, someone would have surely noticed it wasn't working, given how long he's been out of form for. And like I said, if he truly felt his development was being harmed by being at Wednesday, he wouldn't be here any more.

TBF Boden could have been no more than a cheap squad filler - happens at most clubs from the mid premier down

It is more about him development, then him helping the squad, although I believe he should have been given chance (if we are counting on him anytime soon) when other midfielders preformed well below pair this season. This way we made underpreforming players certain of their place in the line-up, and dented the progress on young fella we are supposedly counting on.

I heard from 5 or 6 posters on here (who watch academy and reserve football more or less regularly), one of his team-mates and Sean McAuley himself what a prospect Luke Boden is. Supposedly he is a very skillful fella with awareness of what is going on around him and impressive physique. How many of our first-team players possess such attributes ?!If it is really true (and I don't have any reason to believe that it isn't), and if he is able to transfer it to first team level, don't you think he must be a talent worth developing, and worthy of a chance every now and then ?

Btw. I believe that Laws had nothing to do with him getting a 2 years deal in the summer :dry:

Btw. I believe that Laws had nothing to do with him getting a 2 years deal in the summer :dry:

A couple of things...

Firstly it's ridiculous if Laws didn't want him that somebody else offered him a contract - that can't be true surely?

Secondly if it is true then it's crystal clear why he wasn't getting a look in at 1st team level

A couple of things...

Firstly it's ridiculous if Laws didn't want him that somebody else offered him a contract - that can't be true surely?

Secondly if it is true then it's crystal clear why he wasn't getting a look in at 1st team level

I think you explained it all there mate :blush:

I think you could be right about this being a focal point for his career though. But what he does from here on in will tell us next to nothing about what has happened in the past - you could just say "well, Laws ruined him anyway" if he doesn't do well or "see, Laws was holding him back" if he does well. I could say "well, players just develop differently" if he does well or "see, it wasn't Laws at all" if he fails.

I've no way of knowing if what you've said is true, but no-one involved would benefit from harming Beevers' career. If such a tactic had been used to motivate him, someone would have surely noticed it wasn't working, given how long he's been out of form for. And like I said, if he truly felt his development was being harmed by being at Wednesday, he wouldn't be here any more.

Aye, true in theory.

However Beevers was only sought after by other clubs when he was playing well. And when he was playing well, he was happy, and wouldn't have wanted out.

As soon as he started playing badly, the kind of clubs that were looking at him (Everton, Spurs etc) lose interest very quickly because not many clubs will pay millions for mere 'potential' now days (It still happens from time to time- the two Kyles from across the city and Delph to Villa) but by and large it is cheaper to get in a proven, more experienced player.

Which then leaves him a choice between asking for a transfer to another championship club (Like Wood did) or sticking it out and hoping things improve... he's (IMO) chosen the latter.

WTF??

The main reason Boden's not in the first team is, on the 4 or 5 occasions he's been given a chance in the first team, he's looked like a deer in the headlights and totally out of his depth, how the flip is that Laws' fault? He clearly saw the potential hence the 2 year deal, but at the minute we can't afford to play anyone who might 'freeze' on the pitch.

Edited by Otto_Man

Believe as you wish.

I'm not the type of poster who is reknowned for posting crap on here like others- i'm not claiming to be 'itk' on secrets etc etc

I'm just a guy who knows some of the academy lads, and goes to watch the players train from time to time- i think Laws going will be one of the focal points for Mark Beevers' long term career.

We shall see.

Well, when Beevers captains England to World Cup victory in 2018, and Beevers releases his autobiography - we shall now!

:ph34r:

Seriously, though, I still rate the lad, and he's looked a lot better since AI arrived. AI will obviously see the potential and do whatever it takes to get Beevers back in form. If what you're saying about Laws' treatment of Beevers is true, it just goes to show what a poor manager he was. I guess Beevers could have been an easy target, being a young lad with poor confidence.

Good thing Laws took the rest of his crappy coaching staff with him. Hell, we were even compensated for the bunch!

Well, when Beevers captains England to World Cup victory in 2018, and Beevers releases his autobiography - we shall now!

:ph34r:

Seriously, though, I still rate the lad, and he's looked a lot better since AI arrived. AI will obviously see the potential and do whatever it takes to get Beevers back in form. If what you're saying about Laws' treatment of Beevers is true, it just goes to show what a poor manager he was. I guess Beevers could have been an easy target, being a young lad with poor confidence.

Good thing Laws took the rest of his crappy coaching staff with him. Hell, we were even compensated for the bunch!

I still like Laws, he's a good bloke and honorable man (as the old saying goes :biggrin: ), and he did brilliantly to keep us up twice with chaos in the boardroom and civil war on the terraces.

The key thing i think is that most of the players love training again now (which could merely be as a result of winning of course) and this is then manifesting itself on the pitch come matchday.

If you have a crap week of training, you enter the game on a low and it's hard to turn things around, which is why it's so good to see all of the players with a spring in their step again and real enthusiasm for the game during the week.

(Now all we need is LS to 'gi us the money' and things are really looking up :ph34r: )