Money making ideas

Why do we let Ladbrokes have portakabins inside the ground making thousands from us Owls every year?

Why not set up our own bookmakers and get the money ourselves?

Maybe Wednesday fans would be more inclined to put a bet on too if they knew any lost earnings would go to SWFC rather than Ladbrokes - everyone's a winner!

Lets hope we would be more competitive than Barnsley's though. Can't remember the bet but once got a price from them, it was laughable, I walked away

Why do we let Ladbrokes have portakabins inside the ground making thousands from us Owls every year?

Why not set up our own bookmakers and get the money ourselves?

Maybe Wednesday fans would be more inclined to put a bet on too if they knew any lost earnings would go to SWFC rather than Ladbrokes - everyone's a winner!

...and the boss of our bookies just goes on the Ladbrokes website every Saturday morning to get the odds, easy init Kivo.

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

surely Ladbrokes pay to be there?

i see your point though, but you could make a case for doing this with everything, pies, beer , mars bars etc.

Guest jimmyowl77

Lets hope we would be more competitive than Barnsley's though. Can't remember the bet but once got a price from them, it was laughable, I walked away

Barnsley have changed their since last season, but agree with how bad they were.

I usually have a bet on Wednesday 1st half Barnsley 2nd half and vice versa at Hillsoboro its 22/1

Dingles offered 16/1.

surely Ladbrokes pay to be there?

i see your point though, but you could make a case for doing this with everything, pies, beer , mars bars etc.

Surely we make a fortune on these so is it really comparable to a bookie?

Is there really that much to make by doing it in-house? I've put the occasionally last minute pssed up bet on but my coupon (or main bets) get put on well before beer enters the fray.

Edited by C00PERMAN!

Guest tomarkley

One problem would be, currently when you win you can weigh the slip in at any Ladbrokes office. I'm famous in my local Ladbrokes for walking in with slips from all over the country on a Sunday after I've put a bet on in the ground at somewhere like Preston or Stoke and they have to ring their head office every time to get confirmation of the payout, which they hate lol

Whereas with ours, there would be a queue at the end of the match waiting for the scores to come in and be verified to be paid out. That would need working out somehow..

One problem would be, currently when you win you can weigh the slip in at any Ladbrokes office. I'm famous in my local Ladbrokes for walking in with slips from all over the country on a Sunday after I've put a bet on in the ground at somewhere like Preston or Stoke and they have to ring their head office every time to get confirmation of the payout, which they hate lol

Whereas with ours, there would be a queue at the end of the match waiting for the scores to come in and be verified to be paid out. That would need working out somehow..

good point

for me the fact I can collect anywhere is important

Guest Walkley_Owl

Money making Idea, try and get a store in Meadowhall!

Even the small shops make loads there.

Ha ha

Yes, thats why the rents are cheap aren't they

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Yes, they are high.

But income is so too. Seriously, its a money spinner.

but why would someone go all the way to meadowhall to put a bet on buy a mars bar, a pie or a cup of bovril when they can do it in the ground??