Unbelievable statement by Burnley

Guest totemowl

from the Burnley website direct.

A Deloitte report concluded Brian Laws achieved the best results in the Championship compared to budget in the period 2006 to 2009.

Aren't they just repeating what we have said?

Guest CampbellOwl-36

I don't find that hard to believe.

The past few seasons (before this one) we had a budget that was basically relegation fodder.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Why did we then sack the manager who outperformed all his peers in the league, and replace him with someone who comes below him in this list?

Because we were free falling to league one.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

It gets better read on....

Brian has shown great acumen with regard to player recruitment, having managed teams with nominal spending and wage budgets and establishing good working relationships with the very top clubs in English football.

Try telling us Buxton, Purse, Miller and Clarke were good signings.

It gets better read on....

Brian has shown great acumen with regard to player recruitment, having managed teams with nominal spending and wage budgets and establishing good working relationships with the very top clubs in English football.

Try telling us Buxton, Purse, Miller and Clarke were good signings.

You can see where they're coming from though, all those loan signings from Man Utd, Arsenal and the like came in very handy! :blink:

It's definitely believeable. Any bargains that Turner, Sturrock or Laws signed on relatively low wages compared to their talent were either moved on before they signed a contract appropriate to their talent (Brunt, Bougherra, Whelan) or signed their first new deal only this summer (Grant, Tudgay, Beevers) during Laws' time as manager.

Guest superowl58

Seriousley, what does everyone have against Brian Laws? He kept us in the championship and made us a decent side fnishing 12th last season on a very poor budget.

But just because he had 1 bad half a season everyone seems to be out to slaughter him.

In my opinion he is a decent manager. Not a great manager but not a terrible manager by any stretch of the imagination.

At the end of the day, we just needed a fresh face in the dressing room with new ideas, because with a budget like ours i think you can only go so far in managment terms before you start going backwards again, and that happend to Mr Laws.

Good luck Brian, hope you keep the clarets up!

Seriousley, what does everyone have against Brian Laws? He kept us in the championship and made us a decent side fnishing 12th last season on a very poor budget.

But just because he had 1 bad half a season everyone seems to be out to slaughter him.

In my opinion he is a decent manager. Not a great manager but not a terrible manager by any stretch of the imagination.

At the end of the day, we just needed a fresh face in the dressing room with new ideas, because with a budget like ours i think you can only go so far in managment terms before you start going backwards again, and that happend to Mr Laws.

Good luck Brian, hope you keep the clarets up!

It was more than 1 half a bad season or have u forgot 2007/2008 season 6 losses at start and coming down to final game to stay in the division.... that was bad

This season as been a disgrace

Brian Laws will be there manager as they where lucky to get in that league and have no ambition to stay in it!

No offence to Burnley or Laws but it reeks to me of waving the white flag and preparing for next season in the championship.

I'm not so sure they're waving the white flag - perhaps they're just being realistic and accepting that relegation is a real possibility.

Didn't they they say they weren't prepared to over-commit financially this season? Maybe they planned and budgeted on staying up for one season, taking the Premier League money for a season and then the parachute payments to help build a stronger financial base for the club - just as Bolton did and quite possibly the likes of West brom, etc.

Because the majority of the fanbase appeared to want it.....

TBF fan pressure was minimal....

the fact Laws went to the chairman, put his hands up and said I cant do anything else with these players is probably closer to the reason why we parted company.

Edited by BRUCE LEE