The "Right" type of investment

watching the whole pompey thing makes you greatful the lee is looking at the "right type" of investment doesnt it?

Someone said this in another thread. Absolutely spot on.

Thought it was worth bringing up if people miss it on the other post. I'd rather wait a few years if it stops us from ending up like pompey.

Well done for being sensible LS.

I think a lot of clubs could go a bad way with certain investors. Look at what's coming out of man ure this past week.

But very frustrating to sit here waiting. Last week it was suggested a week or so and we would know something one way or another. Please let that be soon so we can get back to some sort of normal bickering and moaning.

I think this is the view of the masses, not LS is doing a bad job - just persists in touting unrealistic timescales and/or deadlines

Thought it was worth bringing up if people miss it on the other post. I'd rather wait a few years if it stops us from ending up like pompey.

I think a lot of clubs could go a bad way with certain investors. Look at what's coming out of man ure this past week.

And Liverpool!

Agree,

But very frustrating to sit here waiting. Last week it was suggested a week or so and we would know something one way or another. Please let that be soon so we can get back to some sort of normal bickering and moaning.

Nature of the beast i'm afraid.

Build it and they will come....

I'm actually not too bothered about the investment. Just want to know one way or another. If it happens great, we might be able to develop the squad. If it doesn't we are in no worse situation than we have been and we just have to get on with it. At least we are not portsmouth or a miriad of other clubs up to there neck deepr than us in the mire.

I'd just rather know one way or another then all the moaning minis and all the soap opera that has become our club can move on to the next issue that leads them towards a nervous breakdown and early heart attack.

That's life.

I hope that the "right" type of investments doesn't mean no investment :ph34r:

Seriously though i'd prefer to not be in the situation of Pompey, Notts County, and probably a fair few others.

Edited by SiJ

For me the investment is all about the bank writing off a large chunk of the debt...not someone handing us a big cheque...the sooner we can get stabilised and start competing on an even keel with the rest of them...i@m fed up of having one hand tied behind our backs.

Weve waited long enough...........another week or two will be fine. Stop sweating on it.

Another week = fine. Two or more = end of transfer window. If there was money coming our way this season, surely it will arrive in time to make a difference to our squad ?

No money and it will take a swift turnaround of form from the current squad, who haven't shown any backbone to date.

Edited by Bob

Guest AnotherOwl

Totally agree. The investors have to act responsibly and possibly even care about the club! And they have to be willing to risk their own finances - not the club's future.

The frustrating thing is, if the football world wasn't so messed up we wouldn't need an investor. If I was head of UEFA I would introduce salary caps - SLASHING the salaries massively. The players would go bonkers initially. But there would be a billion people lined up to take their place. And in a few years the football world would be a beautiful place again. :)

Guest tomowl85

it was me who said it and to be fair at the time I was only thinking of Pompey but as you guys have said look at notts county, man ure, Liverpool and Chelsea to an extent. Of the top of my head I can only think of villa that a big money takeover/investment has gone well for.

It really does scare me thinking bout what it could have been like

I would be happy if we just had no debt hanging round ours necks like a millstone. Not fussed about millions to blaze on new players.