Dig at Boo Hoo McCabe

Yep that's it. Investment is coming, your chairman is a genious and you're not going down. Everythings rosey at Swillsborough.

(See, we can do it too...)

Thing is, most of us appreciate everything isn't rosey down here, but we don't stick our heads in the sand about it. Whereas down at your end, everyone is still pretending like all your problems are not even there. If you don't manage to go up this year, it could be very interesting.

As for the World Cup bid, I still haven't heard one plausible reason why Bramall Lane should have been chosen above Hillsborough, apart from flimsy arguements about crying about funding. Oh and apart from the hotel, lets not forget the hotel, what an establishment that is. I'm actually suprised you didn't get the World Cup final on the back of the hotel to be fair, beats anything Wembley could have to offer.

As far as I'm aware, The following is still to take place:

http://www.2018england.co.uk/sheffield-uni...-2018-snub.html

So the key words are "planning" and "if necessary". McCabe just wants to find out why Hillsborough plans were rushed through the council, whilst United had to go through the relevent steps to secure permission, which I believe took a month.

No harm in that as far as I can see! You may see it differently, however, if it was the other way round I'm sure some Wednesdayites would be saying that United were getting preferential treatment over Wednesday. Similar to the "Radio Pig" comments.

Hero worshipping blinkers? Where have I stated that I worship McCabe? Stating my opinion that he has the right to question why.

Spelling mistake, many appologies.

And neither will we. We aren't "sueing" anyone are we?

:biggrin:

Push for the Prem?

Got to be hopeful

question for you mate you seem reasonable for a bl*de

Apparently you won a match last night why aren't you on your board rejoicing that?

As far as I'm aware, The following is still to take place:

http://www.2018england.co.uk/sheffield-uni...-2018-snub.html

So the key words are "planning" and "if necessary". McCabe just wants to find out why Hillsborough plans were rushed through the council, whilst United had to go through the relevent steps to secure permission, which I believe took a month.

No harm in that as far as I can see! You may see it differently, however, if it was the other way round I'm sure some Wednesdayites would be saying that United were getting preferential treatment over Wednesday. Similar to the "Radio Pig" comments.

Hero worshipping blinkers? Where have I stated that I worship McCabe? Stating my opinion that he has the right to question why.

Spelling mistake, many appologies.

And neither will we. We aren't "sueing" anyone are we?

:biggrin:

Push for the Prem?

Smithy...

Both sets of plans were submitted in August...there was only six working days difference in the completion...the council fastracked both of them through so their bids could be on time...The reason for united's " delay "....they had tweo years to put their bid together but went to the planning dept with preliminary plans...they took no notice of the Urban Development Citeria and, as a result had to go back to " tweak " their plans. Wednesday submitted a FULL planning application with the relevant searches done....it's all in black and white including the dates...

The ONLY reason McCabe is kicking up a fuss about this is beacause it detracts from the plight you are in with the finances...and although I didn't go to your AGM I would guess that the World Cup and the revenue from it figured highly in the plans for the next few years.

Martin Samuel has a vendetta against McCabe, so to all Unitedites, his opinion means nothing. Plus he is a West Ham fan I believe.

and there in a nutshell you have it

this is all of your own making and the flak will keep on flying for many moons to come

Edited by happy bunny

You didn't when you were relegated?

And you have no idea what you 'next move' will be on this one.

McCabe reacts, he doesn't act.

Whether its letting Warnock fight on with a terrible squad in the prem hoping for the best. Then fighting through the courts.

Or being too deluded to recognise fierce competition re:the cup bid. And bleating about it afterwards.

We did yes, I believe we also won that didn't we? So there must have been some grounds for a legal case? People may see it as a bitter resentment to being relegated, I don't care to be honest. If we had drawn on the last game of the season, or only lost 1-0 away at Aston Villa, if Gerrard hadn't dived on the opening day, we would have stayed up! :biggrin:

Got to be hopeful

question for you mate you seem reasonable for a bl*de

Apparently you won a match last night why aren't you on your board rejoicing that?

Because my board makes my eyes bleed :biggrin:

I do discuss football on 606 too, which I did this morning!

Edited by Smithy_05

We did yes, I believe we also won that didn't we? So there must have been some grounds for a legal case? People may see it as a bitter resentment to being relegated, I don't care to be honest. If we had drawn on the last game of the season, or only lost 1-0 away at Aston Villa, if Gerrard hadn't dived on the opening day, we would have stayed up! :biggrin:

Of course you don't care. Your head is in the sand.

You would have stayed up if McCabe had've backed is manager instead of trying his luck saving the cash.

Didn't happen, and McCabe blamed a manager who did brilliantly with a crap squad. Then started dragging football through the courts.

It's weird that he had such a fragmented relationship with Warnock as both simply refuse to take any responsibilty for failure. Hey, maybe they blamed each other.

Edited by Owls2k

Of course you don't care. Your head is in the sand.

You would have stayed up if McCabe had've backed is manager instead of trying his luck saving the cash.

Didn't happen, and McCabe blamed a manager who did brilliantly with a crap squad. Then started dragging football through the courts.

It's weird that he had such a fragmented relationship with Warnock as both simply refuse to take any responsibilty for failure. Hey, maybe they blamed each other.

How is my head in the sand if I agree we went down because we weren't good enough?

I thought you were relegated because of the Tevez situation?

Do you agree with McCabe or not?

I never said that we were relegated because of Tevez, I said that we were relegated due to us not being good enough.

I don't agree with what McCabe did with "Tevezgate", but I understand why he did it.

I never said that we were relegated because of Tevez, I said that we were relegated due to us not being good enough.

I don't agree with what McCabe did with "Tevezgate", but I understand why he did it.

Ah ok.

Just when you said earlier that you clearly had grounds to sue and you didn't care if it made SUFC look bitter, it must have confused me...

Glad we're in agreement now though.

Sheffield Wednesdays bid involved Strafford talking about the atmosphere, fan villages, involving the community, creating a spectacle and incorporated the ideas the committee were looking for.

Sheffield Uniteds bid revolved around the fact they were financially solvent ( :ph34r: ) and they had a hotel.

Not a dig - pure, hard, cold facts. You didnt impress the committee with your vision for hosting the world cup games - you missed the whole point of the bid.

Do you think Sheff Utd will be invited to join any more tenders in the future on behalf of Sheffield after this? Because if it was me heading up the committee, i would be seriously asking if i wanted this hassle every time Utd felt aggrieved...

Ah ok.

Just when you said earlier that you clearly had grounds to sue and you didn't care if it made SUFC look bitter, it must have confused me...

Glad we're in agreement now though.

I believe he did have grounds to sue, but I don't agree with it. I don't mind if we look bitter, as long as we keep our promotion push alive and keep playing well, I couldn't give a throw what people think of United. That's what football is about at the end of the day, what happens on the pitch.

Martin Samuel has a vendetta against McCabe, so to all Unitedites, his opinion means nothing. Plus he is a West Ham fan I believe.

"Everybody hates us", "they've all got it in for us", "nobody likes us" blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

First the F.A., then the Premier League, then Mike Dean, then the World Cup selection panel, then Sheffield City Council (Richard Caborn included!!) and now this guy!!

Pathetic.

Yep that's it. Investment is coming, your chairman is a genious and you're not going down. Everythings rosey at Swillsborough.

(See, we can do it too...)

is that you in the streaky bacon shirt?,have you won owt yet?,league cup? play off final? ueafa cup?,your chairmen

has brainwashed you "thick pigs"into thinking you've got something to be proud of,when basically your just pigs by name and pigs by nature.