Dig at Boo Hoo McCabe

Blades fan here.

I would just like to add that kevin mccabe has not even issued a legal case against anyone to do with the world cup bid. Yes he has investigated why we havent got it, as any one would like to know.

But all of you are acting like McCabe has took legal action and he 100% hasnt, your just wishing he has cos you saw a line in the daily mail last week.

Blades fan here.

I would just like to add that kevin mccabe has not even issued a legal case against anyone to do with the world cup bid. Yes he has investigated why we havent got it, as any one would like to know.

But all of you are acting like McCabe has took legal action and he 100% hasnt, your just wishing he has cos you saw a line in the daily mail last week.

What steps has he actually taken over the World Cup bid decision? Seems to be a lot of conflicting reports and scaremongering going on. Even from RS which is usually a pretty good PR machine for you, as it was for us 10 years ago or so. We've had the benefit before, you've got it now it seems, but they said yesterday that united shouldnt push it.

Guest ArbourOwl

Blades fan here.

I would just like to add that kevin mccabe has not even issued a legal case YET against anyone to do with the world cup bid. Yes he has investigated why we havent got it, as any one would like to know.

Corrected it for you mate...

http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1533768,00.html

It has even been pointed out on our site that Samuel is on some sort of Crusade against United.

It may be the view of others around the country, however, nobody can deny that he thinks he is doing the right thing, no matter what peoples opinions on him are. He holds the right to enquire why we didn't get chosen for the world cup, he also held the right to pursue West Ham.

It would be the same if people were asked about a Clubs Chairman posting on a fan forum in the manner that he does, most would deem this as pure stupidity, especially when he is drawn into arguments. Doesn't paint a professional look from my perspective.

Ok, having read that story - I noticed the following:

In the meantime Charlton issued a statement about their signing of Spring and his absence from the club's squad for Saturday's FA Cup tie against Sheffield United.

The statement reads: "Daily Mail journalist Martin Samuel, writing in his column claimed the Blades had no right to come to a 'gentleman's agreement' with the Addicks that the midfielder - who signed for Charlton from Luton Town - should not play in the match because he wasn't officially a United player.

"But in fact the deal was stipulated in the initial negotiations regarding the premature ending of Spring's season-long loan at Bramall Lane from the Hatters. Although not a permanent signing, Spring was registered to the Blades.

"The Addicks agreed that if United released Spring from his loan commitments, thereby allowing the transfer of the Luton player to The Valley to go through, manager Phil Parkinson would not field the player in any potential FA Cup fourth-round tie between the two clubs.

"At that time, Charlton had still to beat Norwich City in a third-round replay, while United had yet to meet Leyton Orient, their third-round tie on 3rd January having fallen victim to the weather."

And highlighted the pertinent bit. So, what Charlton have said is that Sheffield United requested during the negotiations to release Spring from his loan deal (in order to sign for Charlton) that if the two clubs met in the cup that Charlton wouldn't play Spring against them. Surely that is the definition of a Gentlemans agreement?

To be honest, he has a point.

Blades fan here.

Technically speaking, going to the Ombudsman is a legal procedure.

Yep thats it. No legal action, no £51m debt, nobody thinks theyre tw@ts. Everythings rosey at beuatifull down town bumhole Lane!!

Yep that's it. Investment is coming, your chairman is a genious and you're not going down. Everythings rosey at Swillsborough.

(See, we can do it too...)

Yep that's it. Investment is coming, your chairman is a genious and you're not going down. Everythings rosey at Swillsborough.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh get you!!

Difference is we arent on a utd board doing it. Can I sugest You do!

Good news - the committee have agreed that they will play all the world cup games at scumhole lane. And the FA cup final. And the league cup final. And the other championship teams have agreed to let you have their place in the premier league if they get promoted and you dont.

Is there anything else you plan on squealing about unless you get your own way? Just so we can give the relevant people a heads up?

The reason you didnt get the world cup bid is all down to McCabe and co. anyway - they submitted the bid, it wasnt good enough, you didnt get it. Perhaps if you took your hero worshipping blinkers off, you would realise you are right o ask questions - maybe your asking the wrong questions of the wrong people though.. the finger of blame lies at S2...

What's a genious?

Difference is we won't be sueing anyone if none of the above doesn't happen/isn't true.

Whats the current situation regarding the WC decision? Are united taking any action and if so what?

As far as I'm aware, The following is still to take place:

United are planning to take the decision to the ombudsman being seeking a judical review, if necessary.

http://www.2018england.co.uk/sheffield-uni...-2018-snub.html

So the key words are "planning" and "if necessary". McCabe just wants to find out why Hillsborough plans were rushed through the council, whilst United had to go through the relevent steps to secure permission, which I believe took a month.

No harm in that as far as I can see! You may see it differently, however, if it was the other way round I'm sure some Wednesdayites would be saying that United were getting preferential treatment over Wednesday. Similar to the "Radio Pig" comments.

Good news - the committee have agreed that they will play all the world cup games at scumhole lane. And the FA cup final. And the league cup final. And the other championship teams have agreed to let you have their place in the premier league if they get promoted and you dont.

Is there anything else you plan on squealing about unless you get your own way? Just so we can give the relevant people a heads up?

The reason you didnt get the world cup bid is all down to McCabe and co. anyway - they submitted the bid, it wasnt good enough, you didnt get it. Perhaps if you took your hero worshipping blinkers off, you would realise you are right o ask questions - maybe your asking the wrong questions of the wrong people though.. the finger of blame lies at S2...

Hero worshipping blinkers? Where have I stated that I worship McCabe? Stating my opinion that he has the right to question why.

What's a genious?

Difference is we won't be sueing anyone if none of the above doesn't happen/isn't true.

Spelling mistake, many appologies.

And neither will we. We aren't "sueing" anyone are we?

yep, maybe and no we're not

next?

:biggrin:

Push for the Prem?

As far as I'm aware, The following is still to take place:

Spelling mistake, many appologies.

And neither will we. We aren't "sueing" anyone are we?

You didn't when you were relegated?

And you have no idea what you 'next move' will be on this one.

McCabe reacts, he doesn't act.

Whether its letting Warnock fight on with a terrible squad in the prem hoping for the best. Then fighting through the courts.

Or being too deluded to recognise fierce competition re:the cup bid. And bleating about it afterwards.