Dig at Boo Hoo McCabe

Martin Samuel of the Daily Mail writes;

Stay out of court, McCabe

What is the most charming character trait of Kevin McCabe, chairman of Sheffield United? Probably his sense of entitlement. Now he is planning a court battle over the decision of the 2018 bid committee to favour Hillsborough, home of Sheffield Wednesday, and not his own Bramall Lane, as a World Cup venue.

I prefer United’s ground, too, but we have to accept that if any body has the right to decide on World Cup stadiums, it is the World Cup organisers. And considering that Hillsborough, once a fine venue with a grand history, is now only associated in most minds with a tragic April afternoon in 1989, is this not an opportunity for renewal, a chance to give the place some fresh memories, untainted by human failure, frailty and loss?

Hiroshima is the most football-centric city in Japan, but the World Cup did not go there in 2002 because the organisers feared negative association with its past. In doing so, they missed a wonderful opportunity, not to forget, but to allow the present in some small way to break free of history. This is what the World Cup could achieve for Hillsborough; always providing it can resist the self-serving machinations of the litigious McCabe.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz0cTvlFQpo

Edited by moralturpitude

Guest Ripley Owl

What is the most charming character trait of Kevin McCabe, chairman of Sheffield United? Probably his sense of entitlement. Now he is planning a court battle over the decision of the 2018 bid committee to favour Hillsborough, home of Sheffield Wednesday, and not his own Bramall Lane, as a World Cup venue.

I prefer United’s ground, too, but we have to accept that if any body has the right to decide on World Cup stadiums, it is the World Cup organisers. And considering that Hillsborough, once a fine venue with a grand history, is now only associated in most minds with a tragic April afternoon in 1989, is this not an opportunity for renewal, a chance to give the place some fresh memories, untainted by human failure, frailty and loss?

Hiroshima is the most football-centric city in Japan, but the World Cup did not go there in 2002 because the organisers feared negative association with its past. In doing so, they missed a wonderful opportunity, not to forget, but to allow the present in some small way to break free of history. This is what the World Cup could achieve for Hillsborough; always providing it can resist the self-serving machinations of the litigious McCabe.

I really dont think mr McCabe will see the error of his ways, he is a horrible piece of work and i think he is really showing his true colours !

:st2:

Martin Samuel has a vendetta against McCabe, so to all Unitedites, his opinion means nothing. Plus he is a West Ham fan I believe.

I think you'll find it's not just west ham fans that have that view on your chairman's exploits Edited by steelowl

Guest Deleted member

Good that this 'toys out of the pram' is making national headlines now.

Will re-inforce many neutrals views that the Pigs are the scum of football.

Martin Samuel has a vendetta against McCabe, so to all Unitedites, his opinion means nothing. Plus he is a West Ham fan I believe.

Think youll find thats a fairly representative view TBH. Certainly all non owls Ive spoken to on the subject used expressions like "what a c%nt!"

My brother was part of the Manchester bid. He gave me some very interesting thoughts on the world cup, specifically the Sheffield bid. Ill get him to send me something to put on here...

On a side note - McCabe suing the committee is probably the best example of how to shoot yourself in the foot, alienate yourself and burn all your bridges in one shot iv ever seen..

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Rubbish, he writes for a national newspaper his words reach millions of readers every week

He prefers united's ground?!!!

Stopped reading at that point

Absolutely - what utter nonsense.

He probably prefers their ground because he looks like a pig. With a beard. And a jumper.

Posted Image

A juvenile riposte, I know, but i reserve such insults for members of the gutter press such as he.

I am being unfair, really, as pigs are actually very intelligent animals - never seen one write for tabloid crap such as the one he pens for.

:-)

:st2:

I think you'll find it's not just west ham fans that have that view on your chairman's exploits

Think youll find thats a fairly representative view TBH. Certainly all non owls Ive spoken to on the subject used expressions like "what a c%nt!"

Rubbish, he writes for a national newspaper his words reach millions of readers every week

http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1533768,00.html

It has even been pointed out on our site that Samuel is on some sort of Crusade against United.

It may be the view of others around the country, however, nobody can deny that he thinks he is doing the right thing, no matter what peoples opinions on him are. He holds the right to enquire why we didn't get chosen for the world cup, he also held the right to pursue West Ham.

It would be the same if people were asked about a Clubs Chairman posting on a fan forum in the manner that he does, most would deem this as pure stupidity, especially when he is drawn into arguments. Doesn't paint a professional look from my perspective.

http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1533768,00.html

It has even been pointed out on our site that Samuel is on some sort of Crusade against United.

It may be the view of others around the country, however, nobody can deny that he thinks he is doing the right thing, no matter what peoples opinions on him are. He holds the right to enquire why we didn't get chosen for the world cup, he also held the right to pursue West Ham.

It would be the same if people were asked about a Clubs Chairman posting on a fan forum in the manner that he does, most would deem this as pure stupidity, especially when he is drawn into arguments. Doesn't paint a professional look from my perspective.

been there done that and got the tee shirt mate

With a massive hole coming up in United's finances and no £50m to fill (from hosting World Cup games) it I'm not surprised he's throwing his teddies out of the cot :huh:

£50m? From hosting 2 games? How much are the tickets?!?