Barnsley, Peterborough, Scunthorpe, Plymouth.

I think the players ARE good enough to get us out of this. What they have been badly lacking is motivation and organisation. If AI can instill that then we have a good chance.

We hadnt scored in weeks. Macauley makes a few changes and we start scoring. Strange how it works, but i wouldnt be surprised if we started beating teams with the exact same squad of players that havent clocked up 3 points in weeks either...

The worst thing for me is that if we don't win those 4 games I don't see where the necessary points total will come Tom given the fixtures we have remaining.

Even if we do, that only puts us on 31 pts at the end of Jan. Look at the likes of Scunny, Ipswich & Derby above us. If they accumulate points at the same rate that they have been so far, they'd be on 31-32 by the same point. We'd be out of the bottom 3 assuming the others also carry on as they have been (with Reading on 28) but only just - that's winning all 4!

So those 4 games aren't just important, they are absolutely MUST MUST win!!!!!

Can see Derby getting really dragged into this battle at the bottom, They are in turmoil at the minute and they have some very tough games coming up such as Forest, Newcastle, Swansea and WBA (All in the next month or so) and also, they are similar to us in that 4 out of their next 6 games are away!

Can see Derby getting really dragged into this battle at the bottom, They are in turmoil at the minute and they have some very tough games coming up such as Forest, Newcastle, Swansea and WBA (All in the next month or so) and also, they are similar to us in that 4 out of their next 6 games are away!

Anyone from 14th down is realistically still in danger of getting dragged into it - a run of a few wins or a few defeats can change the table massively..

If we had picked up just 6 points extra out of the last 11 games we wouldnt be too worried.. im not too worried now.. yet...

Guest owls_4_life

The worst thing for me is that if we don't win those 4 games I don't see where the necessary points total will come Tom given the fixtures we have remaining.

Even if we do, that only puts us on 31 pts at the end of Jan. Look at the likes of Scunny, Ipswich & Derby above us. If they accumulate points at the same rate that they have been so far, they'd be on 31-32 by the same point. We'd be out of the bottom 3 assuming the others also carry on as they have been (with Reading on 28) but only just - that's winning all 4!

So those 4 games aren't just important, they are absolutely MUST MUST win!!!!!

I agree that if we don't win these it's going to be much harder to get the points needed. However, I don't think it will be the end of the world if we miss a few in this month (although there's no reason to!). This League is like that, we nearly got 3 points against Newcastle, the best team in the League. On their day any team can beat any other team, so if we don't get the points this month we still need to pull our socks up and get on with it.

I'm just scared that this team (with its old mentality anyway) will concede that we're down if we don't get at least 9 points from these 4 games and won't believe from then on.

I hope I'm wrong.