Francesco Sanetti Sheff Wed v Aston Villa

Was it last game of the season? I'd been to the morning session of the snooker and missed first 15 mins of the game.

After Sanetti left us he went went to Italy and was called up for National Service, I believe

I think we played away at Palace the following week when Pressy dropped a clanger right at the end to hand them a 1-0 win.

That Villa game was memorable for a few reasons - the new away kit was revealed that day with some bints wearing it and prancing round on the pitch

Sanetti's goal - surely the first of loads we were gonna get from this stunning prodigy......

Gregory's 3-5-2 completely dominated Ron's 4-4-2 which he changed to match like for like in the 1st half - but we still couldn't get near their midfield

Sheffield Eagles won the RL Challenge Cup that day

The bloke who ran up the touchline to confront Gregory

I think we played away at Palace the following week when Pressy dropped a clanger right at the end to hand them a 1-0 win.

That Villa game was memorable for a few reasons - the new away kit was revealed that day with some bints wearing it and prancing round on the pitch

Sanetti's goal - surely the first of loads we were gonna get from this stunning prodigy......

Gregory's 3-5-2 completely dominated Ron's 4-4-2 which he changed to match like for like in the 1st half - but we still couldn't get near their midfield

Sheffield Eagles won the RL Challenge Cup that day

The bloke who ran up the touchline to confront Gregory

Was the the yellow, black and white horror kit? Pretty sure everyone was urging the girls to put their tops back on it was that awful.

Sheffield Wednesday 1 Aston Villa 3

THOSE doubtful about the merits of changing managers mid-season should look at these two clubs.

When Ron Atkinson took over in November, Wednesday were bottom, but they began this game with their Premiership place secured by last weekend's victory at Everton.

Believe

I was there like many others and remember not only this great goal but also some fan running on and throwing a crap punch at John Gregory. On walking across the Kop, I also saw a certain Jarvis Cocker at this match! Minor classic