Worksop Owls

Guest pendo_swfc

Afraid to say that Worksop does'nt appear to have too many Wednesday fans left who actually attend games,the town had a big stranglehold of Owls over Blades but the roles have reversed badly.The club has lost many fans in the town over the past 10 years and a hell of alot them I knew.Shame.

I have lived in Worksop, and supported Wednesday all my life, and i'm afraid to say there aren't as many of us as they used to be, but i wouldn't say the roles have reversed, just that there seems to be a lot more young kids wearing Man Utd & Chelsea shirts these days than there was when i was a kid. :Dark Sad: :Dark Mad: Edited by bobtheowl

Guest depeched

I'm not an Owl, but I've stayed at the Grafton Hotel on Gateford Road and can confirm that Worksop has largely turned red and white - but that's 'football politics' for you.

Btw: The Grafton do cheap Real Ale thanks to the landlord running his own brewery over Retford way (another favourite haunt of mine)

I have lived in Worksop, and supported Wednesday all my life, and i'm afraid to say there aren't as many of us as they used to be, but i wouldn't say the roles have reversed, just that there seems to be a lot more young kids wearing Man Utd & Chelsea shirts these days than there was when i was a kid. :Dark Sad: :Dark Mad:

yes a lot of glory hunters around but not enough pigs to run a supporters bus but a lot who go because its cheap to take the kids . Even know a few leeds fans who go to the sty as its cheap but worksop will allways be a wednesday town its just hard at the moment to get some going again

I have lived in Worksop, and supported Wednesday all my life, and i'm afraid to say there aren't as many of us as they used to be, but i wouldn't say the roles have reversed, just that there seems to be a lot more young kids wearing Man Utd & Chelsea shirts these days than there was when i was a kid. :Dark Sad: :Dark Mad:

Yup, very true. There are a lot of dads out there who are Owls, but their sons support any of the top sides due to their exposure on TV. Back when "I was a lad" there was little and even no football on TV, so you had little option but to go along with your father and watch the Owls, and thats when the bug bites.

Oh, I am also from Worksop and attend games whenever work allows me to :ph34r:

I'm not an Owl, but I've stayed at the Grafton Hotel on Gateford Road and can confirm that Worksop has largely turned red and white - but that's 'football politics' for you.

Btw: The Grafton do cheap Real Ale thanks to the landlord running his own brewery over Retford way (another favourite haunt of mine)

What are your favourite Retford haunts, Depeched?

:-)