RIP LS Facebook Page

Guest Spitfire

As a football fan himself Mr Strafford made the mistake of believing that giving an open channel to fans would see those fans use it respectfully and not abuse itFootball fans are the biggest set of moaning sanctimonious c*nts on this planetThose that abuse him think it is their right to do soI foresaw this scenario from day 1 - as i suspect did most fans who try to at least show a modicum of respect and decency even when hugely disappointed and frustrated

Think it depends exactly what open channels you decide to use and how you use them - trying to use facebook clearly is going to go boobies up, but the people just under Lerner at Villa have used forums ever since he took over and had very few problems.

As a football fan himself Mr Strafford made the mistake of believing that giving an open channel to fans would see those fans use it respectfully and not abuse it

Football fans are the biggest set of moaning sanctimonious c*nts on this planet

Those that abuse him think it is their right to do so

I foresaw this scenario from day 1 - as i suspect did most fans who try to at least show a modicum of respect and decency even when hugely disappointed and frustrated

Spot on Scram

As a football fan himself Mr Strafford made the mistake of believing that giving an open channel to fans would see those fans use it respectfully and not abuse itFootball fans are the biggest set of moaning sanctimonious c*nts on this planetThose that abuse him think it is their right to do soI foresaw this scenario from day 1 - as i suspect did most fans who try to at least show a modicum of respect and decency even when hugely disappointed and frustrated

Exactly, which is why i've never added him as a friend, or why I never even look at his page.After any loss, no matter after a shambolic performance he will recieve lots of posts asking for his or the managers head.It's not needed.

Guest Bellsview

I never felt comfortable with him having a personal Facebook page to promote SWFC so didn't attempt to become a friend.And I'm glad I didn't as I can only imagine the farce and headache it must have been at times.There are other channels of communication that Lee could and should have used. Facebook was always likely to be open to abuse and I can't say I'm surprised that it's become too much for him and he's had enough.Get shut Lee, it can't be doing anything for your health, sanity or your family (who are able to view it).

What happened to open communication with the fans. I hope LS has not had threats made against him.Not checked the clubs official forum yet.

Maybe open communication with the fans means in an official capacity, and maybe he doesn't want his personal Facebook site invaded by morons.On my Facebppk. andybody starts posting grumbles about work, I delete them. It's supposed to be a pleasure thing, not work.

I was always against him communicating with "fans" via Internet forums. One or two posts maybe but he has argued with members on this site many times and that is not the way for the Chairman to communicate.Just get on with the job, bring in investment, and a new manager.

Guest Manwithastick

Always a bad idea imo - and i have said that right from the outset

And probably own a nice red and white football shirt, surely we have not got supporters who would talk like that to our Chairman. OR HAVE WE, as you said - thick tw@ts

Lee has been told by several people on several occasions that it would do more harm than good. He will not change the way he communicates. either on here where it has already caused big problems or on facebook. And tbf whilst i'm not going to defend outright abuse (i've never looked but have no reason to doubt it has happened) Lee has laid into pleanty of Wednesday fans on here at the drop of a hat. And he was more than happy to aggressively warn me in public. You reap what you sow unfortunately.

Guest Kippax Kid

there are some right díckheads on his facebook wallwhen lee was talking about the pain he was in after his op, someone came on and said I've been through similar painand then every time Lee mentioned pain, the said muppet replies that he has been through more pain....like its a competitionLee empathisedI would have told him to flip offlast thing in the world you want after having major surgery, is...some smart arse telling you that my surgery was bigger than yours

MAJOR SURGERY ? it was cosmetic wasn't it ,more through vanity than necessity

I was always against him communicating with "fans" via Internet forums. One or two posts maybe but he has argued with members on this site many times and that is not the way for the Chairman to communicate.Just get on with the job, bring in investment, and a new manager.

Agreed with the last bit. Remember Lee is a new to all this and over time he will learn what will and wont work.

Lee has been told by several people on several occasions that it would do more harm than good. He will not change the way he communicates. either on here where it has already caused big problems or on facebook. And tbf whilst i'm not going to defend outright abuse (i've never looked but have no reason to doubt it has happened) Lee has laid into pleanty of Wednesday fans on here at the drop of a hat. And he was more than happy to aggressively warn me in public. You reap what you sow unfortunately.

Agreed with the last bit. Remember Lee is a new to all this and over time he will learn what will and wont work.

QED I'm afraidExcept I have to say in Lee's defence he's publicly reaping what was sown by others for the last 16 years. If they'd been around I suspect Owlstalk and face book would've crashed in the Pleat > Wilson >Turner years when no such conduits of crap were around. IMO involvement in Facebook will come back and bite a lot of people not just public figures