When you forget to bring your S/T

My Dad drove over from Manchester to the match today and when I met him at Hillsborough, he realised he'd forgotten his Season Ticket. So we went in to the ticket office to see if they could print off a ticket for the match. He was charged £10 and given a new card. I think it's a bit unreasonable for the club to do this (the staff agreed also), especially when I went in with my Dad's card to change it to a ticket for the Preston match a few weeks back, so a friend could use it, as my Dad couldn't make it, I was charged nothing. This £10 is a farce really, especially when my Dad couldn't just nip home to pick his card up. He understands it was his fault in forgetting his ticket, but still................I think the club are doing things really well at the moment, but little things like this are annoying and really quite unneccessary.

Edited by AltyOwl

Guest bigandy

I forgot to take my season ticket to a game last season. I had to pay the full price of a ticket but was able to claim it back at the next home game when I showed them my season ticket.Is he able to claim his money back? if not it seems a bit unfair

I forgot to take my season ticket to a game last season. I had to pay the full price of a ticket but was able to claim it back at the next home game when I showed them my season ticket.Is he able to claim his money back? if not it seems a bit unfair

No, he asked this and they said he couldn't and had to give him a new season card....He was tempted not to pay it and not go to the game, but he drives over from Manchester every match....actually sometimes Bangor in North Wales as he works there. We couldn't understand why they couldn't just print off a ticket....afterall thats what they do, if you can't attend and allow a friend to use it.

That is ridiculous! Fair dos charging to replace lost cards, but as a 1 off should just give you a ticket.Suppose the problem is if you don't have the season ticket with you, they can't cancel it for the match they print a ticket for. So if they printed you a ticket and then you found the season ticket you would effectively have a free ticket.Stops abuse of the system, but then screws genuine mistakes like your dad made.I doubt he will forget it again though!

My Dad drove over from Manchester to the match today and when I met him at Hillsborough, he realised he'd forgotten his Season Ticket. So we went in to the ticket office to see if they could print off a ticket for the match. He was charged £10 and given a new card. I think it's a bit unreasonable for the club to do this (the staff agreed also), especially when I went in with my Dad's card to change it to a ticket for the Preston match a few weeks back, so a friend could use it, as my Dad couldn't make it, I was charged nothing. This £10 is a farce really, especially when my Dad couldn't just nip home to pick his card up. He understands it was his fault in forgetting his ticket, but still................I think the club are doing things really well at the moment, but little things like this are annoying and really quite unneccessary.

I hope this gets addressed, certain things are changing for the better, but this really needs sorting, it is out of order charging someone for forgetting their S/T

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.