Online Store

Guest CampbellOwl-36

Guest CampbellOwl-36

Some lovely Leisure wear and jackets coming up on the online megastore now. May i be the first to say the set up of the site is fantastic, easy to navigate menu's and extremely well structured. Will be looking with interest in the weeks leading up to christmasUTOShop

Hi CampbellOwl-36,Good to see that you've noticed the leisure wear we've added today. We've got more to photograph and get on there and hope to do that in the next few weeks.I've also photographed a selection of hats, scarves and mugs so hopefully will have them online next week.We'll be working hard to improve the usability and look and feel of the site over the coming weeks too so you should continue to see regular improvements and new products on there.Chris

Guest CampbellOwl-36

Hi CampbellOwl-36,Good to see that you've noticed the leisure wear we've added today. We've got more to photograph and get on there and hope to do that in the next few weeks.I've also photographed a selection of hats, scarves and mugs so hopefully will have them online next week.We'll be working hard to improve the usability and look and feel of the site over the coming weeks too so you should continue to see regular improvements and new products on there.Chris

I like to have a good look every now and then to see what i can't afford :laugh: But on a more serious note im glad great care has been taken to provide an excellent online store and i can't wait to see those additions in the near future thanks Chris.UTO

Understandable complaint, Briggsy - However, populating the online store takes a lot of work and is not just as easy as adding the product (products have to be photographed, photos edited, descriptions written, all sizes added, all colours added, inventory checked, etc, etc, etc). We're getting closer to a position where we can add more and more items now and are doing so as regularly as possible.Even more items will be added over the coming weeks.

How are you getting on with the additions to the website? We have a couple of hundred pound ready to spend on Xmas wednesday merchandise for the kids but are struggling as when we go to Hillsborough the kids are with us.When will the full range be available on line?Another question, do you have supplies of last seasons DVD review? want to get one of the kids that but have not seen it the last few times i went in?Also, in previous seasons there has been a merchandise catalogue bit not seen one this year???Any advice welcome. :-)

How are you getting on with the additions to the website? We have a couple of hundred pound ready to spend on Xmas wednesday merchandise for the kids but are struggling as when we go to Hillsborough the kids are with us.When will the full range be available on line?Another question, do you have supplies of last seasons DVD review? want to get one of the kids that but have not seen it the last few times i went in?Also, in previous seasons there has been a merchandise catalogue bit not seen one this year???Any advice welcome. :-)

There's an update under 'Marketing and Customer Operations' on this week's blog: http://www.ourwednesday.com/blogs/sheffiel...ember-2009.html

Morning all,I've just finished adding a range of hats, caps and scarves to the online store. We've now added pretty much everything that has been photographed so far, so we'll be spending some time this week getting more products snapped and edited so we can get more online in the run up to Christmas.Chris

Edited by Chris C

Morning all,I've just finished adding a range of hats, caps and scarves to the online store. We've now added pretty much everything that has been photographed so far, so we'll be spending some time this week getting more products snapped and edited so we can get more online in the run up to Christmas.Chris

I don't want to sound like a fudder here but should this not have been done earlier?Christmas is the same date every year and is surely a key time for selling merchandise. I cannot see any other retailer drip feeding their stock on line in late November!The full stock listing should have been on in mid October and the web site should have been bombarded with Christmas present ideas. Some people will go and buy it from the shop but others will think 'sod it'2 more points.1 why are there no merchandise catalogues? I appreciate the cost is high but surely to have a single online version is not a high cost. People could download it and you could email it to all of your database.2 why are the season reviews for last season behind the counter? You need some in the shop or POS to say they are available.I would love to come and work in that place!!

I don't want to sound like a fudder here but should this not have been done earlier?Christmas is the same date every year and is surely a key time for selling merchandise. I cannot see any other retailer drip feeding their stock on line in late November!The full stock listing should have been on in mid October and the web site should have been bombarded with Christmas present ideas. Some people will go and buy it from the shop but others will think 'sod it'2 more points.1 why are there no merchandise catalogues? I appreciate the cost is high but surely to have a single online version is not a high cost. People could download it and you could email it to all of your database.2 why are the season reviews for last season behind the counter? You need some in the shop or POS to say they are available.I would love to come and work in that place!!

Yes. It should have done earlier. The issue has literally been finding enough time to update everything. In an ideal world all stock would be online now and we'd have Christmas present ideas, banners and promotions. We're currently looking to produce an online catalogue but this will again be restricted by resource availability.On the second point - I'll chase this up with the Megastore.I agree with all the points you have raised and it's not that things haven't been done because we haven't identified them as issues. It is purely down to trying to manage the workload as best as we can and make progress in all areas.We've got lots of plans for the online store (both merchandise and ticketing), our emarketing campaigns and developing the online community. Unfortunately, due to being a team of 3 things can't all be done overnight.

I have to say that honestly I'm rather dissapointed with the online club shop, they've been going at it since July and as it stands have very limited stock available online. It's not approaching Christmas in just over a month and it looks like it's not even half way there or I hope it isn't as if it is then we must have a really small amount of stock.I know people are working hard behind the scene's improving things and I'm sure on match day they're brilliant and for people who can get to the ground but for those who can't the online club shop is vital, something which isn't exactly 'great'I think over the next week or so alot more work should be put in to get it completed so people have enough time to pick presents order them and ensure they have them in time.This just show's we have quality in the shop, now we just need to get it online!

See Post #14 :)We know we need to get more stock online, but as I said above - It's simply a matter of available resource. We're working on it...