Issues on the kiosks

Guest dtshoc

We have read that some fans are not happy with certain aspects of the concourse operation, staff adding up incorrectly, big trays for smaller pies etc.I’m posting this to let you know that we are taking your comments seriously and will look at ways to put things right.Please be assured that we all want things to be spot on, good products, decent prices & good service.We value your feedback and will always act where and when we can.Up the Owls!David Smith

Constructive comments should be the best source of feedback for any business, and thats what i hope my post came across as about the pies last night.I'd seriously like to know when the new pies were tested if they were eaten using a metal fork or one of the plastic ones available, as there is no way the side of the Steak and Hendersons can be breached!

Constructive comments should be the best source of feedback for any business, and thats what i hope my post came across as about the pies last night.I'd seriously like to know when the new pies were tested if they were eaten using a metal fork or one of the plastic ones available, as there is no way the side of the Steak and Hendersons can be breached!

We tested them last week and didn't pick this up, we will be in touch with Beres to see if they can modify the product. Thanks,David

Hi David, wonder if you can help me i've been trying to find out about job opportunities with swfc. Im a bar manager and wasnt sure who i could pass my CV onto, would that be yourself? Or could you point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help

pm'd.

Guest Manwithastick

Hello David. Can we please have mint sauce and Hendo's available on the North please? I also had fork related issues (crap forks as opposed to a pie problem imo). Finally, what is this secretive and reclusive mega pie i have heard talk of? The kiosk staff (lower concourse, kop end) on the North had not heard of them on saturday, though this had changed to 'not got them' by tuesday.

Hello David. Can we please have mint sauce and Hendo's available on the North please? I also had fork related issues (crap forks as opposed to a pie problem imo). Finally, what is this secretive and reclusive mega pie i have heard talk of? The kiosk staff (lower concourse, kop end) on the North had not heard of them on saturday, though this had changed to 'not got them' by tuesday.

Hello.Mint sauce and Henderson's will be available on all food kiosks from the QPR game.The 007 Mega pie is something that could have / can go either way, they'll either fly out or all get wasted, they've had plenty of mentions and we are going to up our order for the QPR game and see how it goes. All staff are briefed about new products by the stand supervisors so if this hasn't happened then sorry about that, we'll up our game on that one, we are also going to be advertising them better too.Re the forks, please see post a couple above.Thanks,David

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Hi David, good to see various people are using this forum other than just LeeI put a post on the catering section some months agohttp://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=110985It was regarding the use of vending machines which i see not only as a great source of revenue but also something that can ease pressure on the catering staff and in turn allow swfc to sell more products especially at half time when they are at meltdown in terms of customers wanting to get servedCan you read the link and let us know if anything will be trialled in this area ?I was some months ago of the opinion that a profit share would be the way to go. But after a while thinking about it my personal view has changed and is now to buy the machines and stock them ourselves to have the benefit of the full profit of sold items. The hot drinks machines are the most profitable by the way

Edited by thetruthisoutthere

Hi David, good to see various people are using this forum other than just LeeI put a post on the catering section some months agohttp://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=110985It was regarding the use of vending machines which i see not only as a great source of revenue but also something that can ease pressure on the catering staff and in turn allow swfc to sell more products especially at half time when they are at meltdown in terms of customers wanting to get servedCan you read the link and let us know if anything will be trialled in this area ?I was some months ago of the opinion that a profit share would be the way to go. But after a while thinking about it my personal view has changed and is now to buy the machines and stock them ourselves to have the benefit of the full profit of sold items. The hot drinks machines are the most profitable by the way

Hi,We've looked into vending machines a few times and tbh from a profit & logistical point of view are a no brainer.The idea of vending in principle is a good one but bear in mind we are only open 25-30 times every 10 months and in order for them to be profitable we would have to sell 1000's of bottles of say, Coca Cola. The margins are not as good as selling from the kiosks direct as the vending companies take the lions share, some companies also try to get you to sign unrealistic contracts, there's no sale or return for example which would make them more attractive.There are also security and health and safety issues to consider if they were on the concourses, also if they brake down during service or if they keep someone's money then we would have to wait for an engineer and in the short time frame we have to serve fans it's just not practical, plus we could have service interpupted by fans kicking off at staff behind the kiosks wanting their lost money back.What we are doing, as on the Kop and North stand, is rolling out a plan for new kiosks, you will see more new additions throughout the season and all this adds up to a more efficient and better service and more revenue for the club.Thanks for the post, we love to hear new ideas and are always open to suggestions to improve the operation.Kind regards,David

Guest Parky1867

Fantastic to see other staff members using the site, communicating and listening to the average fan's thoughts.This club has encountered a huge change in culture since LS and NP took over the running of the club, and it really is great to see people like David listening to the feedback on here.For what its worth, I feel the food on offer this season is a massive improvement on previous seasons. However the service from the kiosk staff hasn't really seemed to improve, whether this is out of the clubs hands for the time being, (I.E kiosk staff are contracted out), I don't know, but the service could definitely be improved.Out of interest is their a team leader/supervisor on each kiosk?It may not be practical/financially worth it, but perhaps having a person constantly present, in a position of greater authority would improve the standard of service, and they could also inform higher ranked staff about which employees aren't up to the job?A lot of people on here complain about the poor standard of service from certain individuals (must stress, its obviously not ALL the kiosk workers), but seemingly enough for people to notice/care.

We have read that some fans are not happy with certain aspects of the concourse operation, staff adding up incorrectly, big trays for smaller pies etc.I’m posting this to let you know that we are taking your comments seriously and will look at ways to put things right.Please be assured that we all want things to be spot on, good products, decent prices & good service.We value your feedback and will always act where and when we can.Up the Owls!David Smith

David,There was no brown sauce for my pie last week at one of the kiosks in the North. :biggrin: A small problem but a problem nonetheless. Can you also make sure the staff are trained to make sure they accept Scottish notes? This has been queried a few times in the past. Many thanks.Jon

I have nothing more to add to what has already been said, but I'd just like to say its great to have a response from the club and to know these issues are being looked at.

I agree it is fantastic to see. Keep up the good work!

David,There was no brown sauce for my pie last week at one of the kiosks in the North. :biggrin: A small problem but a problem nonetheless. Can you also make sure the staff are trained to make sure they accept Scottish notes? This has been queried a few times in the past. Many thanks.JonI agree it is fantastic to see. Keep up the good work!

We can take Scottish bank notes and all staff should have been made aware, we'll let them know again.HP, Chop or Daddies? :blink:

Guest intercity0wl

Hello.Mint sauce and Henderson's will be available on all food kiosks from the QPR game.The 007 Mega pie is something that could have / can go either way, they'll either fly out or all get wasted, they've had plenty of mentions and we are going to up our order for the QPR game and see how it goes. All staff are briefed about new products by the stand supervisors so if this hasn't happened then sorry about that, we'll up our game on that one, we are also going to be advertising them better too.Re the forks, please see post a couple above.Thanks,David

Mint sauce does it for me. Can i have two of your finest mega pie and peas please sir. But i will pass on the bottled beer. Get Draught sorted on the north and my match day is complete, except maybe the result.

Wow thanks for the choice! :biggrin: I wasn't expecting that! I'm happy with any but HP would be my personal preference.

Mine too, it's a deal.

Mint sauce does it for me. Can i have two of your finest mega pie and peas please sir. But i will pass on the bottled beer. Get Draught sorted on the north and my match day is complete, except maybe the result.

The ideal scenario would be to have draught on all stands but particularly to the North it’s very difficult as the kiosks are a bit on the small size and not able to accommodate beer cellars. It’s something we have, and continue to look at, one way would be to close one of the kiosks and have this as the cellar servicing all the other beer bars, this itself could be seen as not an ideal solution as a, we would be losing sales from an existing busy (and sometimes unable to cope with the demand) kiosk and b, the length of the pythons to serve the pumps would be massive and we would lose a lot of £pints when cleaning the lines.We are looking at mobile units that you place an ambient keg next to, connect up and the beer / lager is chilled as it goes through the cooler to the pump. There’s a cost attached to this and it’s a case of balancing this with projected sales, you’ve also got to consider if the unit went down - unhappy fans, loss of sales etc. Bottled products are not the ideal but, they are the best way to control waste, there are no (other than fridges) equipment requirements and are easy to dispense quickly.