Embracing the Asian Community

Most young asian's grow up supporting Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc....Are we doing enough to embrace the Asian Community?Could Sheffield City Council provide any service? (Mini Bus etc...)Just a random thought.

As long as they have an Asian-only busYou know what they're like© Bigals

In regards to the mini bus...I meant transport to and from the game...for area's such as Darnall, Page Hall, Burngreave etc...A Sheffield City Council funded project, where they would subsidies the ticket price and provide transport to and from the game - for the young asian community to feel socially included in their part of the city!

In regards to the mini bus...

I meant transport to and from the game...for area's such as Darnall, Page Hall, Burngreave etc...

A Sheffield City Council funded project, where they would subsidies the ticket price and provide transport to and from the game - for the young asian community to feel socially included in their part of the city!

Well done SWFC

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/ClubNews/0,,10304~1833924,00.html

Guest woodeth

In regards to the mini bus...I meant transport to and from the game...for area's such as Darnall, Page Hall, Burngreave etc...A Sheffield City Council funded project, where they would subsidies the ticket price and provide transport to and from the game - for the young asian community to feel socially included in their part of the city!

Correct me if im wrong but thats discrimination, im sure theres white kids live in them areas that would like the council to provide transport... surely you cant be suggesting subsidised ticket prices on the basis of race, can imagine the outcry if this was suggested for white kids..tut, tut..

When I went to the Crystal Palace game on Saturday (I was in the area so I thought why not!)Walking to the stadium from the train station I saw Halal butchers and every type of asia/black store you can get - and so many Yams!!! (or Ubae if you're from Philippines as I've been told by my colleague) Never seen them before till now - and unfortunately can't get them on the island so I can't satisfy my curiousity. Anyway - back on topic.I get to the football ground, Stewards etc all from the local community.Get inside the stadium, kick off - have a look around. I'm hard pressed to find one ethnic face amongst them, in fact, I believe I couldn't! Despite literally being surrounded by them on my way to the ground.Perhaps they're just not interested? I don't know - but I thought it rather bizarre!

getting all communitys in is good for the club puts bums on seats and money in the pot good idea.Oh a ref why we dont need to do this for white kids !! We dont have a problem attracting them to the club they currently want to comewe need to attract these comunitys before the piggies start getting them in the sty!!

When I went to the Crystal Palace game on Saturday (I was in the area so I thought why not!)Walking to the stadium from the train station I saw Halal butchers and every type of asia/black store you can get - and so many Yams!!! (or Ubae if you're from Philippines as I've been told by my colleague) Never seen them before till now - and unfortunately can't get them on the island so I can't satisfy my curiousity. Anyway - back on topic.I get to the football ground, Stewards etc all from the local community.Get inside the stadium, kick off - have a look around. I'm hard pressed to find one ethnic face amongst them, in fact, I believe I couldn't! Despite literally being surrounded by them on my way to the ground.Perhaps they're just not interested? I don't know - but I thought it rather bizarre!

I am not a racist or a sexist , but it is a simple statement of fact is that football is mostly followed by white , males. No reason why it should be but it just is.Just like the majority of teenage showjumpers are girls, no reason it should be but it just isSome things just suit some sections of society more than others

Guest Pressman82

I am not a racist or a sexist , but it is a simple statement of fact is that football is mostly followed by white , males. No reason why it should be but it just is.

Actually, theres a massive number of reasons why, ranging from traditional diets to class expectations to the amount of money the state puts into community facilities. Loads of research has been done in this field - Check out a book called 'Why England Lose' for a much better, far more comprehensive explanation....

Actually, theres a massive number of reasons why, ranging from traditional diets to class expectations to the amount of money the state puts into community facilities. Loads of research has been done in this field - Check out a book called 'Why England Lose' for a much better, far more comprehensive explanation....

I hpoe not too much public money has been 'invested' in doing this kind of research.

Guest Pressman82

I hpoe not too much public money has been 'invested' in doing this kind of research.

I wouldn't be sure of that, I would guess that the FA fund related official research in this country, or the Lottery, but I am fully aware that simiilar research regarding Olympic sports is, unfortunately, taken from taxpayer money.

Most of the what I've read has been by Simon Kuper and the fella he works with (I forget his name), well worth checking out. Goes as far as to give a 'perfect background' for a footballer, explains things like the perfect family income to produce a footballer (£16k, if your interested).

A lot of the research they used was provided by 'statto' types who've been collecting this crap for many years!

Back on topic, does anyone else think it's kind of crazy - and overly PC - to spend masses of money marketing towards local muslim fans when it's failed at other clubs? Blackburn almost had a riot when they turned one of the gents loos into a prayer room.