Wednesday flag flies high in afganistan!!

Guest James-The-Owl

My son Alex also massive owl has deployed today with Coldstream Guards. He has packed his beloved shirt which i am sure he will try and wear under his uniform everyday. We are sending him the new shirt in his xmas parcel box. Hoping to get a card from the club to also send. Maybe they could do this for all their owls in Afghanistan.Very proud mum Sue

Well wish him the best of luck from all at Owlstalk. Hope he comes back safe and sound to watch the Owls next season!

He's serving YOUR country ffs,who happens to show his alleigance for his home city club,laying his life on the line every day.

Back to the thread,good luck mate and keep safe,and don't let the b*****ds or the taliban get you down...uto

I agree whole-heartedly - that's not the point. He is definitely a true hero, he lays his life on the line every day in Afghanistan, and I hope he gets back quickly and safely from that place. No one here should believe I ever said differently.

I personally just didn't see what the Sheffield Wednesday flag has to do on a tank in a war? Can you explain that to me?

Anyhow - not about to start a political discussion here, and whatever this Tim guy said was totally off too.

I agree whole-heartedly - that's not the point. He is definitely a true hero, he lays his life on the line every day in Afghanistan, and I hope he gets back quickly and safely from that place. No one here should believe I ever said differently.

I personally just didn't see what the Sheffield Wednesday flag has to do on a tank in a war? Can you explain that to me?

Anyhow - not about to start a political discussion here, and whatever this Tim guy said was totally off too.

Why do you wear you're football shirt when you go away on holiday...........I'm here, this is me, and this is who I support.

Just a thought :mellow:

Do people really think that joining the forces isn't about getting shot at? Surely the ' see the world' line is a thing of the 70's?You also misunderstand my point. My issue is the use of the word 'Hero'. These guys know what they are getting into (or should). I agree, if some guy runs around saving his friends on the battle field, while being shot at etc, that is heroic. But to label them all hero’s is total BS. Its 'The Sun' mentality of this country.

If I had joined the army, then you could. And that would be my job.

I decided to do something else, however I do it well, and am therefore also a hero. By your logic anyway.

Hey, I might hang a Wednesday flag from my desk. Then loads of people could reply to a thread about it and proclaim me as a hero.

'DOING YOUR JOB + HAVING A FLAG = F*CKING HERO'

Don’t get me wrong, I don't want any of these kids getting shot at, and the government picked the wrong war. By they signed up for it, bullets and all, it’s just their job.

BTW, dictionary definition of a hero

'a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.'

Not

'Bloke with gun and flag in Roger Moore style safari suit'

I actually feel sorry for you.

wee wee tail.

Guest MEXBOROUGH

Do people really think that joining the forces isn't about getting shot at? Surely the ' see the world' line is a thing of the 70's?You also misunderstand my point. My issue is the use of the word 'Hero'. These guys know what they are getting into (or should). I agree, if some guy runs around saving his friends on the battle field, while being shot at etc, that is heroic. But to label them all hero’s is total BS. Its 'The Sun' mentality of this country.

This is the mentality of a complete tw@tGood luck and best wishes to all our lads and lasses in AfganistanHero's each and every one of them !

best of luck to your mate, but hope this doesn't cause any associations between Sheffield Wednesday and waging wars...maybe not the best arena for flying club colours - especially a club who's got a partnership with the Children's Hospital Charity ...

I would hope and expect the club to be proud of any association with our heros out thereJust like all of us here are - makes me extra proud to see the flag on that picture

If I had joined the army, then you could. And that would be my job.I decided to do something else, however I do it well, and am therefore also a hero. By your logic anyway.Hey, I might hang a Wednesday flag from my desk. Then loads of people could reply to a thread about it and proclaim me as a hero.'DOING YOUR JOB + HAVING A FLAG = F*CKING HERO'Don’t get me wrong, I don't want any of these kids getting shot at, and the government picked the wrong war. By they signed up for it, bullets and all, it’s just their job.BTW, dictionary definition of a hero'a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.'Not'Bloke with gun and flag in Roger Moore style safari suit'

I'm disgusted by you.These men and women fight for thier country, bravely. They are at risk of death every day yet do their job.When was the last time a crazed dude with a gun ran at you in your heroic desk job?Tool.

Why are you pushing this?Just shut the flip up and move on.Living in a state of alert and always at risk takes a certain type of character.

Tim , the point of my post wasnt to proclaim him as a hero, even tho in my eyes he is, it was to show the blue and white flag flying proudly in afganistan and to find out how i could get him in the programme to cheer him up while over there. Yes he did know there was a very good chance of ending up in afgan went he signed up but he wanted to defend his country and is proud too do it, its a job 99.9% of us would never do so for you to come on here and abuse him to be honest makes you a grade 1 tool!!! I know its a message board and about opinions but sometimes its better to just think and keep opinions that have no point other than to try and cause an arguement by twisting what the post was all about to yourself!!!Any how his girlfriend rang me last night to say he has been on owlstalk ( think the bugger has lied to me about being in a war, he seems to be on internet more than fighting a war :ph34r: ) and says he has read this thread and sounded the happiest since he has been out there so all good :biggrin:

Top Photo !I Fly to Kandahar Air base regulary and have seen far far to many Dirty leeds tops out there . Come on peeps any one posted out there lets pack thoses Blue and white shirts and wear em proud .................. Were all wednesday !

If I had joined the army, then you could. And that would be my job.I decided to do something else, however I do it well, and am therefore also a hero. By your logic anyway.Hey, I might hang a Wednesday flag from my desk. Then loads of people could reply to a thread about it and proclaim me as a hero.'DOING YOUR JOB + HAVING A FLAG = F*CKING HERO'Don’t get me wrong, I don't want any of these kids getting shot at, and the government picked the wrong war. By they signed up for it, bullets and all, it’s just their job.BTW, dictionary definition of a hero'a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.'Not'Bloke with gun and flag in Roger Moore style safari suit'

What a totaly stupid thing to say.seems to me that you are jealous and want to be an HERO.......................Well posting the above is not the way forward.These guys earn the right to be Hero's....................grow up a bit, then start to earning a little self respect.

BEING SOMEWHERE INTERESTING + HAVING A WEDNESDAY RELATED ITEM IN THE PHOTO = PRETTY GOOD!!!! (even you Tim could be classed as pretty good by this measure)BEING ON THE FRONTLINE DEFENDING THE UK, HUNDREDS OF MILES AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY AND LOVED ONES, BEING SHOT AT BY THE ENEMY = A HERO

Attention seeking or not....Your input to this thread is f**king shocking.Prize jeb end.

My son Alex also massive owl has deployed today with Coldstream Guards. He has packed his beloved shirt which i am sure he will try and wear under his uniform everyday. We are sending him the new shirt in his xmas parcel box. Hoping to get a card from the club to also send. Maybe they could do this for all their owls in Afghanistan.Very proud mum Sue

Proud and rightly so....I hope he returns home safely.... he'll soon be watching the Owls again.Another hero.

My cousin sent me this pic of him today flying the blue and white flag with pride in sangin Afganistan!!! Thought id share it, he been there 3/4 weeks of 6 month tour and is a massive owl and gutted he his missing the blue and white wizards while away. His last game before he went was flippingPigs....guttering result to go away with or what!!! Any how im sending him all programmes from games while he is away and was wondering how i could get this pic published in matchday programme, would give him a right buzz and pick me up ( he is already sick to death of flippingSpam, says thats all there eating :biggrin: ) to be reading programme and see him self in there!! Any help would be appreciated!!!He comes back in feb/march for break in tour and will get to see the blue and white wizards again before end of season :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Brilliant pic..........just hope he remembers to take it down before going into combat. :ph34r:

Best wishes to all the lads and lasses out in Afganistan.......pray they all come home safely.

Top Photo !

I Fly to Kandahar Air base regulary and have seen far far to many Dirty leeds tops out there . Come on peeps any one posted out there lets pack thoses Blue and white shirts and wear em proud .................. Were all wednesday !

The taliban bought a job lot off Leeds market after they lost in the playoffs :biggrin: Edited by Mickjj