Wednesday flag flies high in afganistan!!

Just to let you know, i emailed club and got a reply today and they said they will put it in the Preston programme Tuesday night!! :biggrin: He will be buzzing when sees it!! :biggrin: Also thanks for good luck messages ( well most of them :biggrin: ) You see it on the news every night and feel for the soldiers out there but until a family member goes out you then get a real sense of reality of just what there facing out there and worry sick for them.Thanks for idea kel will definatly print this thread off and send it him with Preston programme!!! UP THE OWLS!!!

best of luck to your mate, but hope this doesn't cause any associations between Sheffield Wednesday and waging wars...maybe not the best arena for flying club colours - especially a club who's got a partnership with the Children's Hospital Charity ...

I lose the will to live sometimes, hope this is a wind up! I hear we're planning on developing the global brand 'Sheffield Wednesday, coming soon to invade a country near you, sponsored by the Sheffield Children's Hospital!' Edited by swfc93

We could send Tim then he can see for himself why there flipping heroe's

If I had joined the army, then you could. And that would be my job.I decided to do something else, however I do it well, and am therefore also a hero. By your logic anyway.Hey, I might hang a Wednesday flag from my desk. Then loads of people could reply to a thread about it and proclaim me as a hero.'DOING YOUR JOB + HAVING A FLAG = F*CKING HERO'Don’t get me wrong, I don't want any of these kids getting shot at, and the government picked the wrong war. By they signed up for it, bullets and all, it’s just their job.BTW, dictionary definition of a hero'a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.'Not'Bloke with gun and flag in Roger Moore style safari suit' Edited by Tim

If I had joined the army, then you could. And that would be my job.I decided to do something else, however I do it well, and am therefore also a hero. By your logic anyway.Hey, I might hang a Wednesday flag from my desk. Then loads of people could reply to a thread about it and proclaim me as a hero.'DOING YOUR JOB + HAVING A FLAG = F*CKING HERO'Don’t get me wrong, I don't want any of these kids getting shot at, and the government picked the wrong war. By they signed up for it, bullets and all, it’s just their job.BTW, dictionary definition of a hero'a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.'Not'Bloke with gun and flag in Roger Moore style safari suit'

Can you look w@nker up in your dictionary?

If I had joined the army, then you could. And that would be my job.I decided to do something else, however I do it well, and am therefore also a hero. By your logic anyway.Hey, I might hang a Wednesday flag from my desk. Then loads of people could reply to a thread about it and proclaim me as a hero.'DOING YOUR JOB + HAVING A FLAG = F*CKING HERO'Don’t get me wrong, I don't want any of these kids getting shot at, and the government picked the wrong war. By they signed up for it, bullets and all, it’s just their job.BTW, dictionary definition of a hero'a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.'Not'Bloke with gun and flag in Roger Moore style safari suit'

What a f**king turd.

attention seeker alert

So risking your life 24 hours a day, for months on end, is not a hero?**** off.

I decided to do something else, however I do it well, and am therefore also a hero. By your logic anyway.Hey, I might hang a Wednesday flag from my desk. Then loads of people could reply to a thread about it and proclaim me as a hero.'DOING YOUR JOB + HAVING A FLAG = F*CKING HERO'Don’t get me wrong, I don't want any of these kids getting shot at, and the government picked the wrong war. By they signed up for it, bullets and all, it’s just their job.BTW, dictionary definition of a hero'a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.'Not'Bloke with gun and flag in Roger Moore style safari suit'SOCAILIST COWARD :excl:

Edited by sc1349

You flipping OFF THE SCALE bag of poo poo

If I had joined the army, then you could. And that would be my job.

I decided to do something else, however I do it well, and am therefore also a hero. By your logic anyway.

Hey, I might hang a Wednesday flag from my desk. Then loads of people could reply to a thread about it and proclaim me as a hero.

'DOING YOUR JOB + HAVING A FLAG = F*CKING HERO'

Don’t get me wrong, I don't want any of these kids getting shot at, and the government picked the wrong war. By they signed up for it, bullets and all, it’s just their job.

BTW, dictionary definition of a hero

'a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.'

Not

'Bloke with gun and flag in Roger Moore style safari suit'

In my 22 years on this planet.. I do not quite think I have ever seen such utter flipping poo poo being spouted.

I'd write an essay on why he's a hero and you're a wee pipe head, but I don't think you'd quite get it

Get a grip.

I don't think you actually sign up as a soldier to a particular war mate, this would lead to a certain amount of chaos..i believe you sign up to defend your country for a certain amount of time, and then simply follow the orders you are given....this does differ from most other jobs, where we all might do summat we are not quite sure about, the difference being you might have certain qualms about your desk job...i presume you;re a secretary...that could result in you getting a slight reprimand and maybe a written warning...now this fvcker with the flag could end up actually getting shot at....so bearing in mind he's in a foreign country risking having his fvckin' head shot off...and you are sat on your bosses knee taking..wee pipe.....................tation....it does not take anyone an inch offa stupid to work out who's in line for the "hero" tag

@rsehole

I don't think you actually sign up as a soldier to a particular war mate, this would lead to a certain amount of chaos..i believe you sign up to defend your country for a certain amount of time, and then simply follow the orders you are given....this does differ from most other jobs, where we all might do summat we are not quite sure about, the difference being you might have certain qualms about your desk job...i presume you;re a secretary...that could result in you getting a slight reprimand and maybe a written warning...now this fvcker with the flag could end up actually getting shot at....so bearing in mind he's in a foreign country risking having his fvckin' head shot off...and you are sat on your bosses knee taking..wee pipe.....................tation....it does not take anyone an inch offa stupid to work out who's in line for the "hero" tag

Asteener, for once you and I are of completely the same mind. Except this bloke ain't worth wasting your breath on. Good luck to all the lads serving out there.

Guest James-The-Owl

I am absolutely astounded at how much of an arsehole you actually are.I'm ashamed to say I support the same football club as you. Edited by James-The-Owl

I am absolutely astounded at how much of an arsehole you actually are.I'm ashamed to say I support the same football club as you.

My son Alex also massive owl has deployed today with Coldstream Guards. He has packed his beloved shirt which i am sure he will try and wear under his uniform everyday. We are sending him the new shirt in his xmas parcel box. Hoping to get a card from the club to also send. Maybe they could do this for all their owls in Afghanistan.Very proud mum Sue