Wednesday flag flies high in afganistan!!

Guest conisbroughowl

My cousin sent me this pic of him today flying the blue and white flag with pride in sangin Afganistan!!! Thought id share it, he been there 3/4 weeks of 6 month tour and is a massive owl and gutted he his missing the blue and white wizards while away. His last game before he went was flippingPigs....guttering result to go away with or what!!! Any how im sending him all programmes from games while he is away and was wondering how i could get this pic published in matchday programme, would give him a right buzz and pick me up ( he is already sick to death of flippingSpam, says thats all there eating :biggrin: ) to be reading programme and see him self in there!! Any help would be appreciated!!!He comes back in feb/march for break in tour and will get to see the blue and white wizards again before end of season :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Good old James TWhat a man!

best of luck to your mate, but hope this doesn't cause any associations between Sheffield Wednesday and waging wars...maybe not the best arena for flying club colours - especially a club who's got a partnership with the Children's Hospital Charity ...

If we had a list of wednesdayites serving in Iraq or Afghahistan we could send them wednesday stuff...I don't usually buy a programme but I'd be quite happy to donate the money to ensure that one of the lads got one every match.

We could send Tim then he can see for himself why there flipping heroe's

When my brother was out in Afghanistan he sent home a picture of him in his Wednesday shirt, can't find it on my computer or I would of posted it. Sent it into Soccer AM and they put him on and sent a camo vest top with "Hero" written on it!Good luck to your cousin out there and may he return safely.

best of luck to your mate, but hope this doesn't cause any associations between Sheffield Wednesday and waging wars...

maybe not the best arena for flying club colours - especially a club who's got a partnership with the Children's Hospital Charity ...

He's serving YOUR country ffs,who happens to show his alleigance for his home city club,laying his life on the line every day.

Back to the thread,good luck mate and keep safe,and don't let the b*****ds or the taliban get you down...uto

well done to him and all other serving personel, wherever they are serving..its a pity the arseholes have tried to force an agenda into a topic that didnt need it.again..well done to the lads and lasses proudly serving their (our/your) countryvisit www.helpforheroes.co.uk and give a little back to them

best of luck to your mate, but hope this doesn't cause any associations between Sheffield Wednesday and waging wars...maybe not the best arena for flying club colours - especially a club who's got a partnership with the Children's Hospital Charity ...

Shut up.