Strafford and SWFC missing a trick

Guest bradwell.owl

Wonder if the plans for the north stand include better bar facilities. If they did, and it was done right it would get people in. But standing on a drafty corridor drinking overpriced poor quality ale served by a fool isnt going to get people in early is it.

Guest bradwell.owl

Pubs around S6 are closing. I would love the club to step in but really, they can't.The 5 arches is now rubble.

are you old enough to drink?

I've said all along that we need a pub instead of the beer porta-cabin between the Kop and the South Stand (that should be open tonight). You could have it split in two so that one side of the bar is for people on the Kop before the match and half time and the other half is for walk in people milling around the ground before the game that can be accessed by anyone from the other side.The whole pub could then be open on certain nights during the week aswell for live Sky Matches/games nights etc.We could actually call it Hirsty's and hold those Hirsty nights in there aswell in a proper boozer!

Never happen. Tellys are too small and bar staff can't add up.

Bigger tvs and paying an extra couple of quid an hour for decent staff sounds cheaper than buying a pub.

I've said all along that we need a pub instead of the beer porta-cabin between the Kop and the South Stand (that should be open tonight). You could have it split in two so that one side of the bar is for people on the Kop before the match and half time and the other half is for walk in people milling around the ground before the game that can be accessed by anyone from the other side.The whole pub could then be open on certain nights during the week aswell for live Sky Matches/games nights etc.We could actually call it Hirsty's and hold those Hirsty nights in there aswell in a proper boozer!

I dont know where in Hillsborough we could have it but a members only ( Plus signed in guests ) bar open 2 hours before the game has got to be a winner. Safe environment for a beer, all the profits going to the club. A target market for selling others things too , I am trying to think of a downside and can't . Over to you Lee.

Guest intercity0wl

Bigger tvs and paying an extra couple of quid an hour for decent staff sounds cheaper than buying a pub.I dont know where in Hillsborough we could have it but a members only ( Plus signed in guests ) bar open 2 hours before the game has got to be a winner. Safe environment for a beer, all the profits going to the club. A target market for selling others things too , I am trying to think of a downside and can't . Over to you Lee.

You mean exactly like the safe enviroment of the Foundation bar that already exists every home game in the 1867 lounge, opening at 12.00pm for Saturday games, with food also available and all the profits going to the club.

Guest OwlertonG

Met my mate up at the junction of Far lane and Dykes Hall road. Loads of bemused OWLS up there looking at the shut down pub. Get it bought and reopened as an official SWFC pre/post match pub, would make a killing if it was branded as such.

Villa have done it, Randy Learner made it a priority

Pubs such as the Beehive and the Jockey are controlled by companies such as Punch Taverns and Enterprise inns who are basically property developers To acquire a premies off either company would be a nightmare, what they are currently in the process of doing is selling off there under performing pubs to repay debts which you might think sounds great, and SWFC could steal themselfs a bargain! But what they are doing is de-licensing the premises and selling them with contracts to prevent anybody re-opening them as Pubs, and in fairness anyone wanting to do that in the current climate would be taking a HUGE gamble.And if you think i'm talking rubbish, take the Deerstalker pub in Stannington recently sold by Punch Taverns in the face of loads of complaints by residents and it's gunna be a Gym or something. Sure the Star covered it not long backSWFC to develop an area within the Ground is a far more attractive option to look at Buying a pub ? Non-Starter

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Pubs such as the Beehive and the Jockey are controlled by companies such as Punch Taverns and Enterprise inns who are basically property developers

To acquire a premies off either company would be a nightmare, what they are currently in the process of doing is selling off there under performing pubs to repay debts which you might think sounds great, and SWFC could steal themselfs a bargain! But what they are doing is de-licensing the premises and selling them with contracts to prevent anybody re-opening them as Pubs, and in fairness anyone wanting to do that in the current climate would be taking a HUGE gamble.

And if you think i'm talking rubbish, take the Deerstalker pub in Stannington recently sold by Punch Taverns in the face of loads of complaints by residents and it's gunna be a Gym or something. Sure the Star covered it not long back

SWFC to develop an area within the Ground is a far more attractive option to look at

Buying a pub ? Non-Starter

Back of the kop is plenty of space for a building to be developed.

Also a structure errected above the car park (south/kop) would be perfect, that way the car park would remain just below, a sort of pub on stilts if you will.

Theres always the option of a learn to drink room in one of the new classrooms on the north. :biggrin: