Call for Bums on Seats

What's been the trend on home shirt sales? Are we experiencing an unforeseeable surge as opposed to previous sales figures? Before you all start moaning ask for the facts! SWFC may have ordered a reasonable amount based on previous figures!

UTO

Any numpty could tell them that they should expect an increase in demand from the cut price offer to ST holders.

Basic business for christ sake..

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Im just saying you have to take into consideration that we ordered later than everyone else so it gave puma less time to produce the stock. Then you have to consider that all the other teams that have puma making their shirt would have re-ordered.

yes you may blaim the person who orders the stock but how do we know they ordered the maxium they could. We dont.

There is lots of reasons why it has sold so well though!

1. some money from the shirt goes to SCH

2. season ticket holders got it cheaper if bought before xx/xx/09

3. lots of people liked this shirt

4. the quality of the shirt

5. the make of the shirt

If you want to support SCH why not buy a away shirt for now? The home shirt is for two seasons.

Anyone that works in the retail sector can see exactly what has happened with the Megastore.

High turnover products have to be ordered before they become "out of stock" and in most industries within the retail sector on a daily basis or at least every few days, and not at the end of the week or fortnight or month or when the current stock has been sold.

To suggest its the suppliers fault is pure folly, the only products in the world that take weeks to get in stock are sofa's from D.F.S. or tailor made suits.

For gods sake we are talking about a few thousand replica shirts here from one of the worlds biggest industrial clothing giants, it takes a day to produce this type of clothing on this scale and a day or so in transit.

Like i said i have worked in this area my entire working life and know exactly what i am talking about. Does everything i have said seem to make any sense or am i not explaining it correctly.

With regards to the away shirt, i dont want to walk around with a banana skin on my back.

Whilst i take your point that there are very good reasons for these very fast sales we have experienced this year.

This still does not explain why the shirts have ever been out of stock, the point is running a successful retail outlet is dependant on making sure you have the most current fashionable stock in the shop all the time.

It is the most basic of mistakes to wait for the shop to run out and then place an order, ffs i cannot express in words exactly how much of a fk up the management of the Megastore have made in this area, it really is right up there with trying to walk to the north pole in a pair of flip flops and a duffle coat

Calls for sackings, not the answer, but definite root and fix needed.The shop/superstore became a symbol of past regimes failings in my opinion, and for the issues still to seem to be a concern is suprising.Sure it will be sorted shortly.

Edited by Mr Farrell

Calls for sackings, not the answer, but definite root and fix needed.The shop/superstore became a symbol of past regimes failings in my opinion, and for the issues still to seem to be a concern is suprising.Sure it will be sorted shortly.

The online facility also needs addressing as soon as practical. The functionality is poor, the range of goods available is shocking.

It would be very interesting for the Superstore management to take the opportunity to reply to this and address the issue - perhaps explaining the cause of the continued lack of shirts in stock. I don't believe in pillorying anyone before they've had a chance to reply.To pick up on the previous posters however, the Superstore's poor range and seeming indifference to the wishes of the customer were a large failing under the old regime - I hope that everyone appreciates that not only does it make business sense to completely overhaul the range of both clothing and non-clothing items in the store, but also does from a customer satisfaction perspective. The Superstore staff are probably THE most important face of the club to the fans - while we do not build any sort of relationship with turnstile operators or stewards, the staff in the shop are familiar faces and will bear the brunt of criticism, even when it doesn't relate to their own personal performance!Please, can someone in the management of the commercial side of the club come and explain to the fans what's been going on, the difficulties faced and what the future holds?

Guest hayhurst

To suggest its the suppliers fault is pure folly, the only products in the world that take weeks to get in stock are sofa's from D.F.S. or tailor made suits.

If I was puma I would be aiming to have my factories running 100% of the time, I would be trying to maximise throughput, making sure that there was never downtime in the schedule. I'd do all the maintenance on the machines at night just to ensure that none of my employees were left idle while I paid them. I'd make sure I was getting the maximum out of my resources by scheduling production in advance, If anybody wanted a rushed job I would make them pay handsomely for the privilege, especially if it was a relatively small not very lucrative run. Edited by hayhurst

Guest thetruthisoutthere

This is totally unacceptable, i have spent all my working life (currently 18 years) in the retail sector 10 years of which were spent at management level, for the last 5 years i have owned and run my own shop.

Now back to the main point of this thread, who'ever is in charge of ordering the shirts and maintaining stock levels wants sacking, to get such an integral part of there job wrong on such a large scale is nothing short of criminal, it really does begar belief, to run a retail outlet of this nature and constantly run out of your fastest selling main lane is like a chip shop running out of chips every other night.

To say i am dissapointed is a vast understatement,

I am not blaming Lee for this train wreck, this is an issue with the management side of the MEGASTORE, it spells incompetance on an industrial scale

The fans are missing out, the hospital is missing out on donations, the club are mising out on revenue and the person responsible for all this is still collecting a wage.

Whoever you are pull your finger out of your rear, it does not take a rocket scientist to pick up the phone and place the correct order, do not order slow selling sizes or anymore banana skin away shirts, get the fast selling lines in (the home shirts M,L,XL,XXL) FOR GODS SAKE HOW HARD CAN IT BE.

Do not order any more rediculously small or rediculously large sizes ffs its so easy just do it !!!!! pick up the phone

RANT OVER

Anyone that works in the retail sector can see exactly what has happened with the Megastore.

High turnover products have to be ordered before they become "out of stock" and in most industries within the retail sector on a daily basis or at least every few days, and not at the end of the week or fortnight or month or when the current stock has been sold.

For gods sake we are talking about a few thousand replica shirts here from one of the worlds biggest industrial clothing giants, it takes a day to produce this type of clothing on this scale and a day or so in transit.

Like i said i have worked in this area my entire working life and know exactly what i am talking about. Does everything i have said seem to make any sense or am i not explaining it correctly.

With regards to the away shirt, i dont want to walk around with a banana skin on my back.

Whilst i take your point that there are very good reasons for these very fast sales we have experienced this year.

This still does not explain why the shirts have ever been out of stock, the point is running a successful retail outlet is dependant on making sure you have the most current fashionable stock in the shop all the time.

It is the most basic of mistakes to wait for the shop to run out and then place an order, ffs i cannot express in words exactly how much of a fk up the management of the Megastore have made in this area, it really is right up there with trying to walk to the north pole in a pair of flip flops and a duffle coat

It would be very interesting for the Superstore management to take the opportunity to reply to this and address the issue - perhaps explaining the cause of the continued lack of shirts in stock. I don't believe in pillorying anyone before they've had a chance to reply.

To pick up on the previous posters however, the Superstore's poor range and seeming indifference to the wishes of the customer were a large failing under the old regime - I hope that everyone appreciates that not only does it make business sense to completely overhaul the range of both clothing and non-clothing items in the store, but also does from a customer satisfaction perspective. The Superstore staff are probably THE most important face of the club to the fans - while we do not build any sort of relationship with turnstile operators or stewards, the staff in the shop are familiar faces and will bear the brunt of criticism, even when it doesn't relate to their own personal performance!

Please, can someone in the management of the commercial side of the club come and explain to the fans what's been going on, the difficulties faced and what the future holds?

The club have now responded to this issue on several ways on the Official web site.

Aparently the factory that is contracted to our shirts in Turkey has had the missfortune to experience flooding, which as you would expect has not only held up our order but also other items that puma had contracted to that particular factory

Lee strafford also did five Q & A Videos which were an excelent watch,i recomend all wednesay supporters watch these videos they are on the official swfc site.

In amongst many issues that Lee talks about he also talks about the staff in and around the sales side of the business working there rocks off, and when he comes out with statements like "in 2 months we have made the same amount of shirt sales as we had the previous 2 years"

All of a sudden it becomes understandable to me that with such a serge of an increase in sales, not only for shirt sales but also accross the whole range of goods from ticket sales to key rings and socks, everything you can imagine has been flying off the shelf.

Now with no increase in staffing levels and the current missfortune that our suppliers have experienced i for one am very happy with the level of commitment that all staff in the Megastore have provided, they are currently working in a high pressure environment.

I would like to take back my previous rant obout what i saw at the time as incompetance on a grand scale, and feel it is neccassary to whole heartedly apologise for my beating you guys with a stick attitude before i had all the facts.

I would hope that no more natural dissasters occur but that is maybe a point i should address to his holyness the pope and not Sheffield Wednesday

Sorry guys :sad:

Regards Carl