Sheff.Wed.Gift Cards

Mentioned in another thread, but here goes;Someone mentioned the possibility of buying all or part of a Season Ticket for someone's birthday, Christmas etc.Someone had given me a card from Boots Chemist, very similar in appearance to a credit card. it contained however what was effectively a £5 Gift Token, with the exception that one purchased an item in Boots. When the card was offered in payment, it was swiped and the equivalent total of the purchase was removed from the card, leaving the balance for a further purchase. An improvement on the old voucher system which meant that if you purchased a £4 item with a £5 voucher, you effectively lost the final pound. How about a Wednesday Gift Card, where one could put in the amount one wished to give as a present etc, and this could be redeemed against purchases such as Season Tickets, Match Tickets, items from Owls Megastore et al.?Thinking of myself, it's the sort of thing which my children could purchase for birthdays, Christmas, Father's day, etc. etc.I'm sure that with the current emphasis on e-ticketing, swipe cards and the rest, should not be beyond the bounds of possibility.

Guest intercity0wl

Mentioned in another thread, but here goes;Someone mentioned the possibility of buying all or part of a Season Ticket for someone's birthday, Christmas etc.Someone had given me a card from Boots Chemist, very similar in appearance to a credit card. it contained however what was effectively a £5 Gift Token, with the exception that one purchased an item in Boots. When the card was offered in payment, it was swiped and the equivalent total of the purchase was removed from the card, leaving the balance for a further purchase. An improvement on the old voucher system which meant that if you purchased a £4 item with a £5 voucher, you effectively lost the final pound. How about a Wednesday Gift Card, where one could put in the amount one wished to give as a present etc, and this could be redeemed against purchases such as Season Tickets, Match Tickets, items from Owls Megastore et al.?Thinking of myself, it's the sort of thing which my children could purchase for birthdays, Christmas, Father's day, etc. etc.I'm sure that with the current emphasis on e-ticketing, swipe cards and the rest, should not be beyond the bounds of possibility.

Such an easy thing to do and im sure would be a winner, well would be all my birthday and Christmas prezzies taken care of The trouble is it probably too simple and essy to do it never will be.Lets just keep to that complicated Teamcard thingy, with all its false promises, which seems alot harder to get up and running and allows us to keep putting an apology up on the OS regarding Technical problems.. Edited by intercity0wl

Buxton, it was me who suggested this in a thread that LS had already been into. I thought he may have noticed it, but have emailed the club anyway with the idea of a vouchers to redeem against next years ST. Easy to do, no cost and the club gets the money early. AND I get a Xmas present of some use!