Why doesn't SWFC want my money

Did you ask them why it still says the away shirt is coming soon - August, pre-order now on the front page?

No - I didn't actually, but bloody good pointDespite the new store / online capability / regime it seems to be updated as often as the last lot...once in a blue bloody moon*edit - just fired off an e-mail now. Edited by Gerinako

A few things

1 shop isn't open on sunday - It usually is, this was a one-off due to bank holiday (after all the new systems going in / late openings)

2 I'm only in Sheffield today - ? I can't really answer that one for you from the club's p.o.v!

3 even if the shop was open -there are still no short sleeved home M or XL shirts in stock - Our current shirt is our fastest selling ever, with £1 going to the Children's Hospital, Sheffield, I'd say it's a good thing! Good things come to those who wait :)

4 you can't order them on the Internet either - That's because they weren't in stock...

5 thought I'd do a little experiment - blades superstore was open AND has shirts in stock - And ours had sold out!! See answer #3!

:happy:

I know your not the person I can to go to on this but perhaps you can forward it on....

I also go to the SUFC store and can buy Mugs, Scarves, Glasses, Badges bla bla bla....

Can't on SWFC store...

Obviously as you can see from my previous posts I have e-mailed in but it seems to have disappeared into a void of nothingness

Edited by Gerinako

A few things

1 shop isn't open on sunday - It usually is, this was a one-off due to bank holiday (after all the new systems going in / late openings)

2 I'm only in Sheffield today - ? I can't really answer that one for you from the club's p.o.v!

3 even if the shop was open -there are still no short sleeved home M or XL shirts in stock - Our current shirt is our fastest selling ever, with £1 going to the Children's Hospital, Sheffield, I'd say it's a good thing! Good things come to those who wait :)

4 you can't order them on the Internet either - That's because they weren't in stock...

5 thought I'd do a little experiment - blades superstore was open AND has shirts in stock - And ours had sold out!! See answer #3!

:happy:

Great reply Victoria. Fantastic to see not only does our chairman have passion for the club but employees do as well and are prepared to stand up and be counted and defend the club when neccesary.

My reply is not a criticism of anyone else or their complaints just a praise for Victoria.

UTO &WTID

Once again... Went to try and buy a new home shirt todayA few things1 shop isn't open on sunday2 I'm only in Sheffield today3 even if the shop was open -there are still no short sleeved home M or XL shirts in stock4 you can't order them on the Internet either5 thought I'd do a little experiment - blades superstore was open AND has shirts in stockI'm running out of excuses to not be spending the money (3 home shirts and miscellaneous tat wanted) on other crap

Did you actually check or just look through your long lense?

Guest isparsons

I can understand the take up of the new shirts, I can also understand the shirts were ordered a lot later than normal so the stock is hit and miss at the moment, but what I don’t understand is, on the first day of the season the shop opened with one full wall having empty hanging space where the new tops were supposed to be. Was this poor management, an over sight or just plain old Sheffield Wednesday business as usual. What other single brand department store would let that happen? If the stock has not arrived you then put other stock there or even take the clothes hangers down and pin up a larger SWFC flag or similar just to cover the gaping holes, surely you don’t need the experience of Mary Portas to know this. Sorry Lee, but things might be changing for the better behind the scenes but this was the fans first tangible insight to the new Wednesday and in my opinion it was just like the old Wednesday, it showed up either a lack of interest with the staff (to be fair I doubt this as they do try their best in a sometimes difficult situation), a lack of shop management skills or an overall management issue. As a first time season ticket holder, brought on the back of all the positive words coming out of SWFC, I have not see any real improvements to my experience as a supporter, i.e the shop, start of season fruit fiasco, turnstiles opening late, these are all basic problems, not teething issues, the closed season was for teething issues, with better basic management these would not have happened and this blog piece would never have happened. Please don’t site the new season ticket card as an improvement, it’s more of catch up, Norwich City have had these for the last 2 years.

Guest intercity0wl

I can understand the take up of the new shirts, I can also understand the shirts were ordered a lot later than normal so the stock is hit and miss at the moment, but what I don’t understand is, on the first day of the season the shop opened with one full wall having empty hanging space where the new tops were supposed to be. Was this poor management, an over sight or just plain old Sheffield Wednesday business as usual. What other single brand department store would let that happen? If the stock has not arrived you then put other stock there or even take the clothes hangers down and pin up a larger SWFC flag or similar just to cover the gaping holes, surely you don’t need the experience of Mary Portas to know this. Sorry Lee, but things might be changing for the better behind the scenes but this was the fans first tangible insight to the new Wednesday and in my opinion it was just like the old Wednesday, it showed up either a lack of interest with the staff (to be fair I doubt this as they do try their best in a sometimes difficult situation), a lack of shop management skills or an overall management issue. As a first time season ticket holder, brought on the back of all the positive words coming out of SWFC, I have not see any real improvements to my experience as a supporter, i.e the shop, start of season fruit fiasco, turnstiles opening late, these are all basic problems, not teething issues, the closed season was for teething issues, with better basic management these would not have happened and this blog piece would never have happened. Please don’t site the new season ticket card as an improvement, it’s more of catch up, Norwich City have had these for the last 2 years.

.So your saying that Catching up is not an improvement ?. Dont agree with anything you have posted, infact dont understand what you are attempting to say at all if im honest. Ah new posters first post, i understand fully now. Edited by intercity0wl

Guest isparsons

Intercityowl, maybe if you spent more time reading, spellchecking and punctuating your entry rather than trying to get a quick cheap dig, I might have taken your reply more seriously. Sorry your right, it is an improvement… we can now all chant, ”C’mon Wednesday.. We’re nearly as good as NCFC were 2 seasons ago”. It’s bringing the club into the 20th century and not necessarily an improvement (I have had more problems with the card than I did with the paper tickets). So for the club to state that as an improvement sounds a bit hollow.As for not agreeing with anything I have said, it is people like you with your mindset that has got us to the mess we are in now. So you think that a half empty shop is ok and is a good advert for the Owls brand, incentives that failed to materialise are acceptable and that teething problems are ok ironed out during the season.Perhaps you might want to rethink your reply or are you so set in you ways, thinking that because we have had 2nd or 3rd best for a long time then that’s good enough.

Guest intercity0wl

Intercityowl, maybe if you spent more time reading, spellchecking and punctuating your entry rather than trying to get a quick cheap dig, I might have taken your reply more seriously. Sorry your right, it is an improvement… we can now all chant, ”C’mon Wednesday.. We’re nearly as good as NCFC were 2 seasons ago”. It’s bringing the club into the 20th century and not necessarily an improvement (I have had more problems with the card than I did with the paper tickets). So for the club to state that as an improvement sounds a bit hollow.As for not agreeing with anything I have said, it is people like you with your mindset that has got us to the mess we are in now. So you think that a half empty shop is ok and is a good advert for the Owls brand, incentives that failed to materialise are acceptable and that teething problems are ok ironed out during the season.Perhaps you might want to rethink your reply or are you so set in you ways, thinking that because we have had 2nd or 3rd best for a long time then that’s good enough.

Well i have read that this post now and must say i still do not understand where you are coming from although i admit your gramar is much better than mine.You say you agree that the card ticket is an improvement yet say you prefer the old paper ticket, starnge statement that is.You then say its people like me why the club is in the mess it is now, by now do you mean before the club improved in so many ways ? or now that the club has improved in so many ways ?.Of course the club shop not having the stock in to satisfy demand is unfortunate but this has been caused by the club selling more stock now they have improved than what they did before they improved that has caused this lack of stock in the first place, so actually the lack of stock is quite good in as far as the profit from the stock we have sold has generated extra funds for the club, and the new stock that will be arriving for sale from november in time for the christmas sales will hopefully be a good seller again and the brand and and the incentives by which i take you to mean the points given by the club that have now materialised and are being allocated to the cards which the club have as you put it only brought us into the 20th century and are not necessarily an improvement.In light of the club having the teething problems with the new ideas that it has implemented to not necessarily to improve us but to bring us up to NCFC 2 years ago whilst singing c mon Wednesday especially with my mindset im sure the ironing out of these problems will help with the improvements at the club inn seasons to come.I hope even though punctuation may be not be of the same standard as you that this answer to your last post shows that i have indeed had a rethink of what i put in my first post and that this makes my position much much clearer to you just as your reply was intended to be clearer to me.