haha speaking of revenue

Me and my mate took time in our dinner hour to come from chapeltown and go down to the Owls Megastore today to purchase a Large Long-sleeved home shirt and a Large Black Training shirt and to my amazment both were sold out. WOW Great! Thats a good thing right?? I asked the guys who work there if there were any in the back and if not whens the next delivery coming in? They said no and the next delivery is due in 6 weeks!!! Oh my god didnt anyone have the brains to predict and project that this would happen? You know its the start of the new season the shop usually does sell merchandise really well at this time of year!? So onto the revenue thing, EVERYBODY has been complaining about the stayaway fans and that we need there money to progress... Well SWFC have just lost out on 67 Quid, 45 for the long sleeved home shirt and 22 Quid on the training shirt thats more than the price for 2 tickets for a match!! Wheres the sense in that and how many more people have been turned away and let down?? Thats alot of money. :blush: P.S. we arnt stayaways we'll be at the port vale game tonight... :happy:

Me and my mate took time in our dinner hour to come from chapeltown and go down to the Owls Megastore today to purchase a Large Long-sleeved home shirt and a Large Black Training shirt and to my amazment both were sold out. WOW Great! Thats a good thing right?? I asked the guys who work there if there were any in the back and if not whens the next delivery coming in? They said no and the next delivery is due in 6 weeks!!! Oh my god didnt anyone have the brains to predict and project that this would happen? You know its the start of the new season the shop usually does sell merchandise really well at this time of year!? So onto the revenue thing, EVERYBODY has been complaining about the stayaway fans and that we need there money to progress... Well SWFC have just lost out on 67 Quid, 45 for the long sleeved home shirt and 22 Quid on the training shirt thats more than the price for 2 tickets for a match!! Wheres the sense in that and how many more people have been turned away and let down?? Thats alot of money. :blush: P.S. we arnt stayaways we'll be at the port vale game tonight... :happy:

This text looks like a brick and it therefore too difficult to read

I rang up before going down asking if there was any large home shirts the woman said no and will get some in maybe 2 weeks time, I said I hadn't used my season ticket offer for new home shirt yet she said well you should be able to use it if we dont get anybefore september, I wonder if thats true?. I want one before i go to spain middle september so get your arse's in gear and get them ordered saying that if i was the person in charge or ordering shirts after seeing how fast the first batch of home shirts went out I would of put a double order in maybe thats to obvious.

I rang up before going down asking if there was any large home shirts the woman said no and will get some in maybe 2 weeks time, I said I hadn't used my season ticket offer for new home shirt yet she said well you should be able to use it if we dont get anybefore september, I wonder if thats true?. I want one before i go to spain middle september so get your arse's in gear and get them ordered saying that if i was the person in charge or ordering shirts after seeing how fast the first batch of home shirts went out I would of put a double order in maybe thats to obvious.

Just another brick in the wall :biggrin:

Me and my mate took time in our dinner hour to come from chapeltown and go down to the Owls Megastore today to purchase a Large Long-sleeved home shirt and a Large Black Training shirt and to my amazment both were sold out. WOW Great! Thats a good thing right?? I asked the guys who work there if there were any in the back and if not whens the next delivery coming in? They said no and the next delivery is due in 6 weeks!!! Oh my god didnt anyone have the brains to predict and project that this would happen? You know its the start of the new season the shop usually does sell merchandise really well at this time of year!? So onto the revenue thing, EVERYBODY has been complaining about the stayaway fans and that we need there money to progress... Well SWFC have just lost out on 67 Quid, 45 for the long sleeved home shirt and 22 Quid on the training shirt thats more than the price for 2 tickets for a match!! Wheres the sense in that and how many more people have been turned away and let down?? Thats alot of money. :blush:

P.S. we arnt stayaways we'll be at the port vale game tonight... :happy:

I suppose the hope is that you will still buy them when they get the re-up?

I was in a similar position today wanting to buy the home shirt. Im happy with waiting but would it be possible to pre-order the shirt via the shop or website. That way at least the the club know what the demand is.. i would be happy to be a deposit or the full amount up front.

I placed an order Saturday afternoon on-line for a home shirt which went through and is supposed to be dispatched today! I haven't had any e-mail since to say they'd run out, have to wait and see i guess. But yeah it is a bit of a shambles although good to see the clubshop so busy again!UTO!

I was in a similar position today wanting to buy the home shirt. Im happy with waiting but would it be possible to pre-order the shirt via the shop or website. That way at least the the club know what the demand is.. i would be happy to be a deposit or the full amount up front.

That's what I was thinkingI was in the mood last week to just pay for it, and wait x weeks for it to appear.I probably still will be when it arrives to be honest, but at least it's cash in the clubs pockets now, instead of then.

God that post was hard to read, I hate it when people type in one long block of text like that. In the ideal world we'd have sorted this deal with Puma earlier, we'd have been able to predict these shirts would have outsold any of our other shirts in recent times, this would have resulted in us having lots of shirts in stock at all times.But as this wasn't the case, then you can expect the shop to be struggling to meet demands for a while.

Me and my mate took time in our dinner hour to come from chapeltown and go down to the Owls Megastore today to purchase a Large Long-sleeved home shirt and a Large Black Training shirt and to my amazment both were sold out. WOW Great! Thats a good thing right?? I asked the guys who work there if there were any in the back and if not whens the next delivery coming in? They said no and the next delivery is due in 6 weeks!!! Oh my god didnt anyone have the brains to predict and project that this would happen? You know its the start of the new season the shop usually does sell merchandise really well at this time of year!? So onto the revenue thing, EVERYBODY has been complaining about the stayaway fans and that we need there money to progress... Well SWFC have just lost out on 67 Quid, 45 for the long sleeved home shirt and 22 Quid on the training shirt thats more than the price for 2 tickets for a match!! Wheres the sense in that and how many more people have been turned away and let down?? Thats alot of money. :blush:

P.S. we arnt stayaways we'll be at the port vale game tonight... :happy:

That's a rather simplistic view. How much of that is profit? You do realise that they have to buy them from a supplier, right?

I have no idea what the profit margin is but I'd guess it wouldn't cover the price of 2 tickets.

tbf i would guess they didn't expect shirts to sell as well as they have, it's already been reported it's been a record-breaking year as far as replica shirts go but this season i've also seen alot more of the new training gear been worn than ever before. Puma have other kits to make, they can't just drop everything and make more for us because our fans want them, they have a schedule to run to and im sure other clubs are in the same position with Puma, but there are only so many shirts they can produce at one time so something has to give.At the end of the day the club has budgeted to sell X amount, they have outsold that and above. They over budgeted on crowd on Saturday so they make a loss on the forecast. At the end of they day budgets are made and sometimes they are met, sometimes they are beaten and sometimes they aren't met, that is why they are only budgets and not actual figures, if people are going to complain at them getting it wrong both ways round they can't really win. They are the businessmen that know what they are doing, so less of the complaining, let them do their jobs. The shirts will be re-stocked as soon as they possibly can be.

I hope the guys incharge of sales and marketing see this...

Why didn't you post it in the right section about the store where they regularly check then?Of course, if you'd have read the section about the store first, you'd have known we were out of stock and wouldn't have wasted your journey...

Guest sheridan's2penalties

Have you seen PompyOwl's? :biggrin:

Thanks for reminding me, I was just trying to think who's that avatar was... just off to track it down :biggrin: