extra revenue at no cost fool proof

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Guest thetruthisoutthere

why with all these problems in getting people served before the match, during half time and after the match why havent we thought about putting vening machines all over the groundI AM NOT SUGGESTING GET RID OF EVERYTHING ELSE JUST PUT SOME MACHINES IN TO EASE THE CONGESTION AND GENERATE MONEYthis would greatly reduce the pressure that is put onto the catering staff at hillsborough, it would free them up to serve those who want beer and hot foodthere are many different deals available from vending machine operatorsthey either rent the space from us for each machine (for a set fee each month) and they take all the profits (IN THE SAME WAY PUBS RENT SPACE TO GAMBLING MACHINE OPERATORS)or you can buy them and fill them yourself (maybe our caterers would like to look into this)or a more popular option with events organisations like us is to simply have a profit share this is usually between 5% and 40% depending on the product type sold , we do nothing, they provide, maintain and fill the machines, we just sit back and collect a percentage of the profitspersonally i think the profit share is the best way to go i have a friend that works in a small leisure centre down south and he reckons they get about £600 a week revenue share from just 5 machines, and they are a very small operation , not busy at allthink how much we are loosing out on, if we take a very conservative estimate of £2000 a week it dont take a rocket scientist to calculate how much revenue this is worth on a yearly basisim not the brightest spark ever and im sure someone at the mighty hillsborough can look into it in a more professional capacity but sureley its worth a lookfans get what they want, club gets money everyone wins just make the phone call guys cos this idea wont cost you a penny to try out, everything to gain and nothing to lose

Edited by thetruthisoutthere

why with all these problems in getting people served before the match, during half time and after the match why havent we thought about putting vening machines all over the groundI AM NOT SUGGESTING GET RID OF EVERYTHING ELSE JUST PUT SOME MACHINES IN TO EASE THE CONGESTION AND GENERATE MONEYthis would greatly reduce the pressure that is put onto the catering staff at hillsborough, it would free them up to serve those who want beer and hot foodthere are many different deals available from vending machine operatorsthey either rent the space from us for each machine (for a set fee each month) and they take all the profits (IN THE SAME WAY PUBS RENT SPACE TO GAMBLING MACHINE OPERATORS)or you can buy them and fill them yourself (maybe our caterers would like to look into this)or a more popular option with events organisations like us is to simply have a profit share this is usually between 5% and 40% depending on the product type sold , we do nothing, they provide, maintain and fill the machines, we just sit back and collect a percentage of the profitspersonally i think the profit share is the best way to go i have a friend that works in a small leisure centre down south and he reckons they get about £600 a week revenue share from just 5 machines, and they are a very small operation , not busy at allthink how much we are loosing out on, if we take a very conservative estimate of £2000 a week it dont take a rocket scientist to calculate how much revenue this is worth on a yearly basisim not the brightest spark ever and im sure someone at the mighty hillsborough can look into it in a more professional capacity but sureley its worth a lookfans get what they want, club gets money everyone wins just make the phone call guys cos this idea wont cost you a penny to try out, everything to gain and nothing to lose

contact the club about this

Guest Deleted member

In principle a great idea.In practice, there isn't a vending machine company in the country that will supply vending machines that will only be used on 23 days per year. And that will run out of stock within 20 minutes of that 23 days a year.Im sorry to put a dampener on it - but thats the reality

My business head kicking in here: c.20% of the profit from a machine, or 100% of the profit from a kiosk right opposite?

It's not just about how much of the pie you get, but about how big the pie is... errr... or something....Yeah I see what you mean, but if machines can be used to take some pressure off and let the people who just want a bar of chocolate get one, then I think it's a good customer service move. Also, I know that when I'm at a game with my Dad we would love to get a coffee at half time but can't be bothered to queue. If machines could help reduce the queues then it might encourage more people to spend which would increase the size of the pie...

The practicality might kill this as Nigel posted. However if the maths can work and lets face it there are enough vending machine companies out there it could be a real winner. Some of the units also have advertising space on them and therefore that might also work.At very least a sane sensible idea obviously you are not drinking enough beer :laugh:

Guest Manwithastick

We could buy our own vending machines?Couldn't we? :ohmy:

have we got the brass? don't seem to be able to afford to print the back of 15 cycling shirts for a bunch of volunteers trying to raise money for disabled SWFC supporters/childrens hospital. and that would cost what? ooo, pennies. Forward Together my big fat arse crack.there's still a million things wrong at S6. Not that Owlstalk wants to know.

Guest Deleted member

If vending machines are not possible How about people walking round with soft drinks,crisps and chocolate for sale?

That WOULD work, saw people at the gig last night just walking round selling drinks - £2.50 a throw and they were inundated.

have we got the brass? don't seem to be able to afford to print the back of 15 cycling shirts for a bunch of volunteers trying to raise money for disabled SWFC supporters/childrens hospital. and that would cost what? ooo, pennies.

Forward Together my big fat arse crack.

there's still a million things wrong at S6. Not that Owlstalk wants to know.

I have to agree with this - thats MASSIVELY disappointing and hugely discouraging for those of us who are taking time out to train, purchase cycles/gear at huge personal expense, paying for 4 nights of overnight accomodation and travel to Cumbria/back from Filey.

Very very disappointing - and tbh I feel like saying stick it up your jacksy and doing the fundraiser on my own for Weston Park Hospital - a charity which means a hell of a lot more to me personally, and one which bends over backwards to accomodate fundraisers, and more importantly, always seems HUGELY appreciative of whats been done.

Edited by Deleted member