Port vale Away

Guest TomC1010

*****Disclaimer alert*****I do not work for the club, nor am I ITK. My opinion is based on previous visits to the stadium and football fan guide books etc :biggrin:

Naturally. However, your opinion was expressed confidently and flawlessly, and in such a manner as to convince me you will be right.

Guest kfordowl66

I just called the Port Vale ticket office to check about buying tickets on the night and the bloke said we have been given 1500 tickets plus there are gonna be 500 available on the night as well...hope this helps

After seeing that it was showing as collection only, I called the SWFC ticket office earlier today for some help.Spoke to a very nice lady who confirmed to me that the 'collection only' part was an error. She said that if I bought the ticket online today they would post it out to arrive before the game. She also confirmed that if the ticket had not arrived by Tuesday's post, then I should contact the ticket office again and they would ensure that the tickets would be at the Post Vale stadium ready to pick up before the game.So basically, there is no need to take a trip up to Hillsborough. Just as well for me as I live, ironically, about 2 minutes from the Port Vale stadium!I assume that if you are buying tickets now, at the weekend or Monday, the situation will be the same. Probably worth giving them a call tomorrow to check though.At this point, I must stress how helpful the woman in SWFC ticket office was. Really knew the siuation, was genuinely apologetic for the error, explained what was going on very well, friendly - really top notch customer service.

After seeing that it was showing as collection only, I called the SWFC ticket office earlier today for some help.

Spoke to a very nice lady who confirmed to me that the 'collection only' part was an error. She said that if I bought the ticket online today they would post it out to arrive before the game. She also confirmed that if the ticket had not arrived by Tuesday's post, then I should contact the ticket office again and they would ensure that the tickets would be at the Post Vale stadium ready to pick up before the game.

So basically, there is no need to take a trip up to Hillsborough. Just as well for me as I live, ironically, about 2 minutes from the Port Vale stadium!

I assume that if you are buying tickets now, at the weekend or Monday, the situation will be the same. Probably worth giving them a call tomorrow to check though.

At this point, I must stress how helpful the woman in SWFC ticket office was. Really knew the siuation, was genuinely apologetic for the error, explained what was going on very well, friendly - really top notch customer service.

So if the club are ignoring the "I want to collect" option how do you tell them not to put them in the post? Personally I prefer to collect away match tickets when I'm at the next home game. Don't trust the post.

Just about to set of to the match with a visit to the ticket office to collect my two Port Vale tickets but they arrived in the post only an hour ago this morning. Had I set off earlier, as I often do, I would be collecting them and would end up with four. As happened with Peterborough.

How many people are getting free duplicate tickets which must be costing the club as I expect they must pay the home team any un returned tickets?

Guest fatowl1967

So if the club are ignoring the "I want to collect" option how do you tell them not to put them in the post? Personally I prefer to collect away match tickets when I'm at the next home game. Don't trust the post. Just about to set of to the match with a visit to the ticket office to collect my two Port Vale tickets but they arrived in the post only an hour ago this morning. Had I set off earlier, as I often do, I would be collecting them and would end up with four. As happened with Peterborough.How many people are getting free duplicate tickets which must be costing the club as I expect they must pay the home team any un returned tickets?

you wont get a duplicate, they tell you they have posted them. this happened to me with the tickets for peterboro. went into collect, they looked in the boxes at the back was advised they had already been posted, got home and they were there!!

So if the club are ignoring the "I want to collect" option how do you tell them not to put them in the post? Personally I prefer to collect away match tickets when I'm at the next home game. Don't trust the post. Just about to set of to the match with a visit to the ticket office to collect my two Port Vale tickets but they arrived in the post only an hour ago this morning. Had I set off earlier, as I often do, I would be collecting them and would end up with four. As happened with Peterborough.How many people are getting free duplicate tickets which must be costing the club as I expect they must pay the home team any un returned tickets?

It was an error.By far the best option for the club to do in that situation is to post them all. Any tickets that people still didn't receive on time would be available from the Port Vale ticket office (at their stadium).

Guest cheesey

It was an error.By far the best option for the club to do in that situation is to post them all. Any tickets that people still didn't receive on time would be available from the Port Vale ticket office (at their stadium).

It will be pay on the gate at port vale,with an away end that holds 4,500 that we are never going to fill for a tues night carling cup game.Five of us going without tickets-are port vale going to turn down £60, i think not.

It should surely be pay on the gate? At least I hope it will be as I'm undecided whether to go or not tomorrow.Has anyone who has been to Port Vale no anywhere decent to park? Read on the Internet ground guide that you can park inn the superstore car park, would that be worth doing, or is there a fair bit of street parking?

It should surely be pay on the gate? At least I hope it will be as I'm undecided whether to go or not tomorrow.Has anyone who has been to Port Vale no anywhere decent to park? Read on the Internet ground guide that you can park inn the superstore car park, would that be worth doing, or is there a fair bit of street parking?

Theres the superstore which is as good behind the away end. Mind you my last visit there was 04 when we won 2-0. should be ok though. Im hoping that it will be pay on the gate as undecided to make the trip yet ( well trying to convince my lazy dad to come! )UTO

As 'kfordowl66' stated, it is pay on gate as well.Have spoken to PVTO this morning and they said that the away allocation hadn't been sold, but any left and a further allocation will be available for purchase on the night from the Portacabin behind the Hamil Road end (Away End).Drove by the ground yesterday as going past Stoke and there seemed to be no real issues re parking. There were two Car Parks indicated by signs at the bottom of the road from the ground, on the edge of the town main street. Looked to be plenty other options.

Guest East_Dene_Owl

just looked online and there is only a corner of the stand leftlooks like it's going to be close to selling out.

That will be just the 1,500 allocation that Port Vale sent us, they'll be loads left for paying on the gate as away end holds 4,500..

Guest shawboy

on the vale website it says the following for owls attending without tickets.Fans from Sheffield Wednesday will not be able to pay on the gate but can purchase tickets from dedicated ticket booths, close to the away end.