The 'Next Opponents' Signs

Guest Volk

Hopefully this wont get lost amongst other gripes that seem to have arisen from yesterday regarding pies and the like, however I just thought I'd highlight what has been a minor annoyance of mine for a while now that I was reminded of yesterday.I am of course referring to the signs saying who the next opponents will be at Hillsborough on what date/time, which are located by the shop and Leppings Lane. These have been nicely updated over the summer months and are clear and easy to read - this is not my gripe.What I wonder is why these signs are not changed during the match to reflect the next game? A minor point you might think, but look at it this way: thousands of fans (potential customers if you will) pass those signs on their way out of the ground and undoubtedly look up on their way out to see the next match is... the one we've just seen! Surely it would be an easy task (and at no cost!) for a member of staff at the club to dash round during the game and update these two signs so that supporters are at least aware/reminded of when the next game is to sell a few more tickets?I realise most people would be aware of fixtures in any case from the programme/website or from simply being a season ticket holder, however with their being no cost to doing this simple task the potential of reminding fans when they can next see a game is surely something that should not be ignored. This is particularly important for a game like Rochdale where all fans will specifically have to buy a ticket to go (which if there had been a positive result yesterday they might have been keen to do!). Anyway feel to add this to the suggestion box, or completely ignore it if appropriate!

Guest Deleted member

Ive always wondered the same - although I wondered why they arent changed on the day of the game - ie if people are seeing it at the game they know who the next opponents are as they have turned up to see them!

Guest jimmyowl77

Ive always wondered the same - although I wondered why they arent changed on the day of the game - ie if people are seeing it at the game they know who the next opponents are as they have turned up to see them!

It'd still confuse some people and get them complaining on football heaven :laugh:

Noticed that the 2 at Kop end near entrance to megastore HAD been repainted, and showed at the end of the game that next match is Middlesborough on Tuesday!They looked excellent, don't know when they were changed (before or during Sat's game), but first class.See. Someone does read or listen to our complaints/suggestions at last.Great innit?