Newcastle tickets

I have a slightly less serious gripe than others. But I shall air it anyway.I ordered my Dad and I's tickets on my on-line account and paid with my debt card. Yet they arrived at his address yesterday.Now although in this instance this problem is no big deal. If it happens in the future it could cause hassle as I live over an hour away from my Dads house.Anyway we got the seats we ordered thankfully.

which stand have we got? We're gona get some for the home end so want to sit as close as possible to the owls fans. looking on the newcastle website in the block next to what i think the away end is (john hall north west corner) there is a block with good availability so be great if we can get a few owls fans in there

It's a shambles.Got 2 tickets, sent to both addresses, but now, the bird is fooken 10 rows in front of me, and the letter explaining the wee wee tail up is pathetic aswell.I have e-mailed the club, but not received a response as yet.Very unhappy!!

I emailed the club as well, again no response :( My gripe was that they should of contacted the people who did not get the tickets they booked and offered an alternative. As it stands I've got 3 tickets all in different areas of the away end. A mate who is coming with us is not happy in the slightest that she will be sat on her own.I asked the club that if they have tickets left for general sale then these should be held back and offered to people who didn't get the tickets ordered correctly. Will post back if I get a response.

Guest tommysqueaker

My mate ordered ours and he's received them, we are together, but gone from row L to Row V, dunno if he is winding me up or not, says not :ph34r: Might as well sit on the roof at that height :cool:

Guest Deleted member

I'd genuinely not seen this thread when I posted about this yesterday.My Newcastle ticket buying experience has been a nightmare.Initially the telephone booking people tried to sell me 5 tickets for the Leppings Lane End for the Boxing Day game. This only transpired when we got to the payment and I realised it was costing more than the advertised price, otherwise Im convinced I would have received tickets for Boxing Day and missed out on next week.I had to call back as the guy from See tickets promised to call me back and still hadnt done the next day.So I did the whole procedure again, and this time purchased 3 tickets for me and the kids, and 2 tickets for Dean and his daughter. The transaction was processed very smoothly and I was all smiles again after the previous days f*** up.Last Wednesday the tickets arrived. Well, Deans and his daughters 2 tickets did. I tried unsuccessfully to speak to someone on the 0871 number for 2 days before being passed an 0114 number yesterday. I got through to Margaret who was very helpful, she took all my details, called back later to confirm a few things and said she would get back to me later on in the day (yesterday afternoon).She didn't, so Ive called in again on the 0114 number this morning to try and catch her before things got busy this morning. She's not in today. :laugh: The Manager has just called me back and the issue is now resolved to my satisfaction. Unfortunately the 3 seats I had booked sat with Dean have been allocated to someone else now - but they are posting me my 3 tickets today. She was very apologetic, and did offer to allocate me 5 tickets together on the understanding I returned the other 2 tickets but with time pressing and me being dead unreliable I didnt want to cause problems for any other Wednesdayites in not getting their tickets.To be honest, this kind of thing was to be expected with any new system bedding down, and I'm not losing sleep over it. However the ticketing thing needs to be grasped by someone who can make the system work, as the problems that have occurred can potentially reflect badly on the club and undo a lot of the excellent PR the club has been building over recent months. The ticketing for last nights game too where duplicates had been sold wasnt the best.Having seen the posting on the clubs site last night - I would imagine someone is going to have a great deal of explaining to do today.

So we've got:*away tickets not being sent*people being sat apart despite buying together*away ST holders not being given priority*duplicate tickets sent for away supporters*duplicate tickets being sold for home supporters*tickets being sold for non existing seats*North stand ST's with phantom gangaways*nigh on impossibility on getting through to SWFC on the phone*actually getting West Ham or Fulham when you ring(seriously!)*an e ticket system that crashes continuously (i've used it for Hull city, Posh, Toon and Rochdale and it has failed to work 100% smoothly on every occasion)Yes the system is new for this year. BUT these are things that simply shouldn't be happening if the system is properly understood/tested/managed.I know we're in debt but it's as plain as the gut in my shirt that the ticketing operation is grossly understaffed. The sooner we employ at least 6 more staff the better. Imagine if we have a successful season - there'll be meltdown.

Guest Deleted member

So we've got:*away tickets not being sent*people being sat apart despite buying together*away ST holders not being given priority*duplicate tickets sent for away supporters*duplicate tickets being sold for home supporters*tickets being sold for non existing seats*North stand ST's with phantom gangaways*nigh on impossibility on getting through to SWFC on the phone*actually getting West Ham or Fulham when you ring(seriously!)*an e ticket system that crashes continuously (i've used it for Hull city, Posh, Toon and Rochdale and it has failed to work 100% smoothly on every occasion)Yes the system is new for this year. BUT these are things that simply shouldn't be happening if the system is properly understood/tested/managed.I know we're in debt but it's as plain as the gut in my shirt that the ticketing operation is grossly understaffed. The sooner we employ at least 6 more staff the better. Imagine if we have a successful season - there'll be meltdown.

Personally, I'd be happy to set up a company and be paid the booking fee for each ticket to allow the company to outsource the ticketing function lol

Guest jimmyowl77

I ordered 3 tickets and had booked Row L , just received them and they are now Row V, at least the three are together.

I had to send my Dad to the ticket office as the club didn't reply to my emails, I couldn't get through at all on the phone, and I can't go myself as I live in Newcastle.The 4 tickets all in different areas have now been moved - 2 are together, and 2 are only 3 seats apart which should be OK provided 3 people will shift along 1 seat each. Still not ideal though, as the 4 tickets were ordered together and we should all be together not 60 seats apart.My Dad is not exactly happy either as he had to take time off work to sort this out for me.I understand that the system is new and will have faults and errors, but some of the mistakes being made are common sense and could of been firstly prevented by some sensible forward planning.It is quite obvious that if you have printed off tickets to sell in the shop, that these need to be marked as unavailable for telephone and online sales.If extra tickets need to be printed for sale, then only ones not yet sold online or via telephone should be printed.Once the mistakes were made and they had double sold seats, the problem could of then been rectified by making sure that the allocations for tickets bought together were made such that people would sit together, in the order in which the tickets were bought.This shouldn't of been a problem for anyone since when my dad went to the shop only yesterday, they were able to reallocate the 4 spread out tickets in 2 groups of 2?In addition, why have they posted them out separately rather than together which they did for Peterborough?The address was hand written on all the envelopes - surely they should all get printed off like they did for peterborough rather than someone manually looking up the address and handwriting it for every single ticket.Complete comedy of errors I'm afraid.SORT IT OUT WEDNESDAY!

Guest Deleted member

It is quite obvious that if you have printed off tickets to sell in the shop, that these need to be marked as unavailable for telephone and online sales.If extra tickets need to be printed for sale, then only ones not yet sold online or via telephone should be printed.

Thats the most disappointing bit I guess