HIRSTYS BAR - THURSDAY AUGUST 13th - SWFC

HIRSTY'S BAR

Landlord David Hirst hosts the first Hirsty’s Bar of the new season with guests Tommy Spurr and Mark Beevers.

Terry Curran and another former legend

The Date : Thursday, August 13th

The Venue : 1867 Lounge, Hillsborough

Starts 7.30 pm

Price : £10 includes pie & pea supper

Call 0844 443 4750 to book your tickets

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Parky1867

I can't make this one, however will this be a regular event as I intend on going in the future?

Will it be held once a month or something?

we plan to hold one per month,obviously if we have demand, we have have loads of good feedback on these and supporters seem to enjoy them. Hope to see many of you thereCaz

Guest Deleted member

I did.The nights just get better and better.Last night the guests were Spuur and Beevers, Terry Curran and Mike Pickering, and Tony Toms...Tony Toms turned out to be the star guest, on what was a really good panel. His stories about his work as a minder for Madonna, Lionel Richie and a host of stars after he left the club were brilliant. he has a book out soon and I guarantee it will be a hell of a read. id love to go to a night where it was just him talking.Anybody who hasnt been to one of these nights should get down - its not an expensive night out and its always brilliant entertainment

Guest Deleted member

they had a few new beer choices last night, didnt notice the lager but stones cold is there now so I would imagine Carling is too

Guest Manwithastick

have they got rid of Carlsberg on draught, if so I'll go back

They've got Coors on draught now which was a good pint. It was another top night with some quality stories from curran and toms.P.s Grandad, we all saw you harrasing poor tommy during the pie break ;)....so is he going to sign??? :)

The lager choice is now Carling Extra cold or Coors.Tommy was getting a telling off. It's his fault that Nigels son Dan is getting repeatedly grounded :biggrin: Was a great night - TC still has the same swagger he had all his career. Tommy didn't stop giggling all night. Mark Beevers hair NEVER moves and Tomsy was a complete legend. Once his book is out he'd make a great guest at a Wednesdayite evening.

Guest Deleted member

P.s Grandad, we all saw you harrasing poor tommy during the pie break ;)....so is he going to sign??? :)

Tommy was getting a telling off. It's his fault that Nigels son Dan is getting repeatedly grounded :biggrin:

He was indeed getting a telling off lolIn Malta he was showing our Dan a little game that the players play on Richard O Donnell - which involves repeatedly slapping him on the back of the head while he holds his hand over his head and tries to anticipate when theyre gonna slap him. The idea is to catch the hand as it slaps...Dans been doing it repeatedly to his sister since we got back from Malta. lolMind you, he's had a few punches in the gob from her as a result lol

Another brilliant night.I really don't want people to cotton how good these nights are as they will sell out and I won't get a ticket !Hirsty as always was brilliant.Scary how young Spurr and Beevers looked. Like little boys next to Hirsty and Mike Pickering !TC is still full of himself and spoke a lot of sense and loved his comments about United. Calling them pigs and explained about him being forced out of Hillsborough saying "Do you really think I wanted to go there, to that lot". BrilliantTony Toms is bigger and fitter than he was 30 years ago ! His book sounds brilliant. I'm glad mine comes out before his and not after !Well done to all. A great night again

My first time at Hirsty's Bar, was not disappointed...San Miguel & Magners £1 a bottle, happy days!Pie chips & peas were greatTC was comedy - his anecdote about telling his wife they were playing away brought tears to my eyes :laugh: Definitely buying Tony Toms' book, what an unbelievable life he's had

What a fantastic night again. My highlight was TCs story about Jack charltons free kick routine with him and Banno on the floor unable to move for laughing.There were some great stories last night, and it was lovely to see the way Tommy and Mark started like frightened rabbits and ended up giggling non stop. Shame it ran late and they had to leave as they were late for bed.Listening to Hirsty just makes me love him more and more. Should do stand up.And Mick Pickering. WTF was that about? One of the hardest bassards I ever saw for Wednesday and sounds like he spent most of his time cleaning up after everyone.Absolutely fantastic night.