Online Away tickets - collection only????

Guest wednesday83

Guest wednesday83

Already got 2 tickets ordered for peterborough and Newcastle but now trying to order 1 more with another ID on family list for both games. Its only giving me the option for collection only. Anyone else having problems???? The ones already ordered gave me the no etickets available and will be mailed reply which is what I want.

This online ticketing was far easier in past seasons.

Already got 2 tickets ordered for peterborough and Newcastle but now trying to order 1 more with another ID on family list for both games. Its only giving me the option for collection only. Anyone else having problems???? The ones already ordered gave me the no etickets available and will be mailed reply which is what I want.

As I understand it you've got to collect.

Guest wednesday83

So far this new ticketing system is a total farce. I just cannott wait until the Barnsley game. Ive a feeling everything is going to go wrong. I just dont understand why they will send some of my tickets out and others not.

So far this new ticketing system is a total farce. I just cannott wait until the Barnsley game. Ive a feeling everything is going to go wrong. I just dont understand why they will send some of my tickets out and others not.

Just remember this whole system is brand new - it has some coding issues and I am sure improvements will continue to be made to it. Also, just the fact it is different to the old system is confusing some people. This is often the case when people have to go from using a system which is inferior but they know how to use, to one that is much better but is unfamiliar.

I think overall it is a major improvement, and I have managed to use it successfully and quickly despite the current glitches. Once everyone is used to it and the initial problems are identified and fixed we will have an extremely useful outlet that everyone will be happy with.

I think they made a mistake by saying that they would post away tickets out. They have now rectified this to make it clear that you have to collect tickets and should make an announcement or email everyone who has ordered tickets to make this clear.

They should make having a postal option a priority - even if it does incur a £1 postage cost. This should also include the option to choose a delivery address that is different to the billing address.

Edited by nebneeb

Guest Nutters

I've just ordered the Peterborough ticket and got the same "collection only" things.

As Nebneed said, I would happily pay a postage surcharge to get them delivered as I wont be in Sheffield again now until the Barnsley game. But its one of those things, early niggles, hopefully this will be rectified.

For now i'm happy to turn up 10min earlier for the Barnsley game and collect them then!

I've just ordered the Peterborough ticket and got the same "collection only" things.

As Nebneed said, I would happily pay a postage surcharge to get them delivered as I wont be in Sheffield again now until the Barnsley game. But its one of those things, early niggles, hopefully this will be rectified.

For now i'm happy to turn up 10min earlier for the Barnsley game and collect them then!

Erm, HELLO

Will be posted out to you next week.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10304~1738172,00.html

Erm, HELLO

But the postage option is greyed out, what happens if you don't live in Sheffield and you don't read these forums?

I can understand it's a new system but the postage option needs to be active.

Away tickets you should have the choice of collect/post

Home tickets you should have the choice of e-ticket/collect/post

Simple!

Hello Sam, how the devil are you!

:biggrin:

But the postage option is greyed out, what happens if you don't live in Sheffield and you don't read these forums?

I can understand it's a new system but the postage option needs to be active.

Away tickets you should have the choice of collect/post

Home tickets you should have the choice of e-ticket/collect/post

Simple!

I couldn't agree more.

I'd imagine that they are receiving a fair few phone calls from people asking why tickets haven't arrived or how to resolve this issue.

If the system/information was provided correctly then it would save plenty of man hours.

as i understand it they have stopped mailing tickets out to clear the back log of tickets alredy purchased for postage

as i understand it they have stopped mailing tickets out to clear the back log of tickets alredy purchased for postage

Purchased for Peterborough over the weekend with only the collect option showing. Spoke to a lady in the ticket office yesterday who said they'd be posted. Still a little concerned as to whether or not this will happen due to the lack of postal charge. Will give it the remainder of the week and then chase them on Friday.

Anybody else with the collect option been told they would post out?

I just got through on the phone (after being put on hold by the same staff member and timed-out twice) and he went away and spoke to someone and came back and said that all the tickets are automatically mailed out. I explained that the only option given on the site was for collection, but he said they are definitely mailed out automatically unless you get in contact with them and specifically ask to have them kept for collection.

I hope he's right.

Guest East_Dene_Owl

I just got through on the phone (after being put on hold by the same staff member and timed-out twice) and he went away and spoke to someone and came back and said that all the tickets are automatically mailed out. I explained that the only option given on the site was for collection, but he said they are definitely mailed out automatically unless you get in contact with them and specifically ask to have them kept for collection.

I hope he's right.

It is confusing people by saying collect the tickets, I've just ordered 4 tickets for Rochdale game and only by coming on owlstalk do I know that they are posted out. :unsure:

I hope you're right and they do mail the tickets out. I live in Surrey and there's no chance of me getting up to Sheffield before the Peterborough game.

Speak to the girls in the ticket office just to be sure. I rang them Monday and midday yesterday and two arrived in the post this morning.

I just tried to ring the number after purchasing for my Peterborough ticket but the phone answers with 'Welcome to Fulham Football Club Ticket Line'

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASEIf you notice any errors on your order or have any questions please contact us on 0870 442 1234 (lines open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri).

Thats the number I tried.Anyone got the correct number?Just want to make sure it gets posted to me.

According to the OS they are not posting tickets out at the moment due to postal strikes in various areas of the country, this is only for tickets purchased after 3pm today:

Supporters who have bought match tickets since 3pm on Wednesday (August 6) are reminded to collect their tickets from the Owls Megastore - these tickets will not be mailed due to the postal strike.