What a load of b*llocks

Tickets for the Newcastle match on December 26, 2009, will only be available to those who have bought a ticket for either the Swansea City match on December 19, 2009 OR the Peterborough United match on January 9, 2010. Tickets for the Sheffield United match on Saturday, April 17, 2010 will only be available to supporters who also buy a ticket for the match against Watford on March 24, 2010.

Boxing Day is just about the only game I can get to these days. We won't sell out. So why?

effeffess

Guest wincobankowl

Boxing Day is just about the only game I can get to these days. We won't sell out. So why?

effeffess

Join the Membership scheme.

Do you know any Season Ticket Holders/Members that could buy you a ticket?

Well, yes of course I do.....but that's besides the point!

The club reckon we'll sell out Boxing Day. Unless we're in the top six, I bet we bloody don't!

Well, yes of course I do.....but that's besides the point!

The club reckon we'll sell out Boxing Day. Unless we're in the top six, I bet we bloody don't!

I understand your point. But in the meantime could you not get them to purchase you one?

If you are genuinely struggling I will try my best to get you one.

I don't anticipate having any problems getting a ticket Sam, but thanks all the same.

I do think there are lots of people (I know plenty) who tend to go on Boxing Day and/or New Year's Day only. Not all of those are lucky enough to know a million internet geeks who can sort a ticket out. Put it this way, they've ensured that we won't sell out on Boxing Day now.

I have probably woken up in a bad mood, and the rain outside doesn't help :ph34r:

But I really don't see what the problem is, if you support Wednesday then you won't mind going to watch them twice instead of once, or spending a bit extra on becoming a member. If it doesn't sell out, it's because there aren't enough proper Wednesday fans bothered about really supporting and investing in their club. If they aren't prepared to stand up and be counted by committing to 2 games a season, are we really missing that much?

For anyone who wants to see Newcastle, they play at St James Park in Newcastle...

not just about it been sold out but bumping up the other matches which would get lower figure normally

I'm not sure it will bump up the other attendances though. Personally, I can only guarantee that I will be in Sheffield at Christmas. I can't guarantee that I will be about for one of two other specific games or whatever it is. I just think people will see this and not bother going at all - and I can think of friends who are likely to be in exactly the same boat.

If it doesn't sell out, it's because there aren't enough proper Wednesday fans bothered about really supporting and investing in their club. If they aren't prepared to stand up and be counted by committing to 2 games a season, are we really missing that much?

What a short-sighted thing to say. Every little counts, and some people (myself included) cannot commit to any games at all. We should be aiming to entice those people who casually follow Wednesday to come along on Boxing Day, but as i've said above, if they're being forced to commit to other specific games just to do so then i'd wager that they won't bother. Plenty of people work away from Sheffield and/or have other commitments normally, but come home for Christmas and fancy watching a game of football.

Additionally, what have I to gain by becoming a member? I'm already a member of Wednesdayite, and a shareholder. I don't see any additional benefits to becoming a member other than to have priority purchase on my one or two games per season. Thanks, but no thanks, i'll save that tenner for a more valuable investment.

If there seemed to be any business sense in this decision then I would take that all back, but personally I just don't see it.

Edited by Oliver

Additionally, what have I to gain by becoming a member?

You could buy a ticket for the Newcastle match.

If there seemed to be any business sense in this decision then I would take that all back, but personally I just don't see it.

If more people attend the game by buying tickets for both games than the ones put off because they only wanted to attend 1 match then SWFC will make more money.

the newcastle game is a funny one for me really..

1) people who have been to ONE other game should get priority

but why THOSE particaulr games, on those dates?... quite a few people are only in sheffield a few times a year, one of those being the xmas period

2) its not as if newscastle fans will want to get into the home end? or there will be aggro or anything?

3) Pig game is a different matter though.

I'm not sure it will bump up the other attendances though. Personally, I can only guarantee that I will be in Sheffield at Christmas. I can't guarantee that I will be about for one of two other specific games or whatever it is. I just think people will see this and not bother going at all - and I can think of friends who are likely to be in exactly the same boat.

Agreed Oliver - I saw the fixtures and thought "I'll definitely go to that". I also thought "If it sells out before i get a ticket, then tough poo poo for me - i don't have a ST so I don't get priority".

As it is, I won't go to either. So, in chasing an extra circa £17, the club have actually lost a guaranteed circa £17 because I won't be going.

It's not just a Wednesday phenomenon - this kind of short-sighted, greedy money-grabbing is happening all too often these days. I hoped we'd be better than that.

Guest intercity0wl

Agreed Oliver - I saw the fixtures and thought "I'll definitely go to that". I also thought "If it sells out before i get a ticket, then tough poo poo for me - i don't have a ST so I don't get priority".

As it is, I won't go to either. So, in chasing an extra circa £17, the club have actually lost a guaranteed circa £17 because I won't be going.

It's not just a Wednesday phenomenon - this kind of short-sighted, greedy money-grabbing is happening all too often these days. I hoped we'd be better than that.

Always have alot of family from away at christmas and if at home on boxing day a few will ask for a ticket, but with these restictions and conditions they wont be goingso lets saythats Another £100 quid lost in potential revenue.