Ticketing Fuckwittery

I see the new super-duper ticketing set-up is following faithfully in the steps of all other previous attempts at dragging that side of our club into the 20th century.

The site won't let you log in, even after receiving an e-mail confirmation re 'Client Ref no.' etc.

Then there's a phone number which helpfully informs you that it's actually the wrong phone number and then gives you another phone number which no one actually answers and then doesn't give you an option to hold but just tells you to go away and cuts you off.

Magnificent. :blink:

I see the new super-duper ticketing set-up is following faithfully in the steps of all other previous attempts at dragging that side of our club into the 20th century.

The site won't let you log in, even after receiving an e-mail confirmation re 'Client Ref no.' etc.

Then there's a phone number which helpfully informs you that it's actually the wrong phone number and then gives you another phone number which no one actually answers and then doesn't give you an option to hold but just tells you to go away and cuts you off.

That news should please GHO, sounds like the old days!

Worked fine for me. Perhaps you poisoned it.

Oh good, more constructive criticism :dry:

Would it kill some people on here to politely inform the guys working hard installing and implementing brand new retail systems onto our rickety old network that there are some teething problems that need ironing out, rather then immediately resorting to slagging them and the club off within 12 hours of the thing going live?!

This is a GOOD thing that is happening for us, why crap on it from a great height before it's had a chance? It's obvious that it was slighly rushed out to satisfy demand, otherwise there'd be more merch to buy.

Worked fine for me. Perhaps you poisoned it.

Could be.

Oh, wait. What about the other guy having the same problem?

Perhaps, if I've poisoned it, he may be stabbing it?

The Rasputin Ticketing System. Nice.

Oh good, more constructive criticism :dry:

Would it kill some people on here to politely inform the guys working hard installing and implementing brand new retail systems onto our rickety old network that there are some teething problems that need ironing out, rather then immediately resorting to slagging them and the club off within 12 hours of the thing going live?!

This is a GOOD thing that is happening for us, why crap on it from a great height before it's had a chance? It's obvious that it was slighly rushed out to satisfy demand, otherwise there'd be more merch to buy.

If you let me have the e-mail address of the genius who dreamt up the spurious 'conditions' attached to buying a ticket to see the Geordies, then I will gladly give him some feedback.

If you let me have the e-mail address of the genius who dreamt up the spurious 'conditions' attached to buying a ticket to see the Geordies, then I will gladly give him some feedback.

Do you ever have anything positive to say about SWFC or are you just hell bent on highlighting any minor glitch that occours. No doubt there'll be a major expose in the Yorkshire Post soon......... "Major wee wee tail-up in New Ticketing System Robs Owls fans Of Millions"

Can't you find something better to do..like selling a batch of unwanted "T" shirts or something

nob

I've had a few "teething problems" but it was good top be able to pick exactly where I wanted to sit.

Much better than previous system

Not sure only holding tickets for 5 mins is sufficient when buying for a few games.

Bought tickets for the Watford game expecting the tickets for the Blunts game to then become available to me online but they haven't.

Anyone advise when these will be available??

Guest fatowl1967

after failing to log in last night , i tried again this morning on my daughters pc and it worked fine. must get a new pc as mine is about 9 years old. excellent new site, very easy to use. well done wednesday

There is already a thread discussing this and some members of the SWFC staff took time out of their busy schedules to respond to comments/criticisms yesterday (see below).

Good evening all,

its good to see you all reviewing the new site, you are all right its not perfect currently, but the features offered are far superior especially the pick your seat option and the fact you can buy tickets and merchandise together. We wanted to get this up and running today and have a snagging list to work on tomorrow.

The client reference number is from the system and this is probably why some of you are struggling to log in, we can send this to you if you email clientid@sheffieldwednesday.com and we will confirm this to you, it will be on your new season ticket when you receive this, registering new accounts will mean you have 2 accounts and will mean you will not see your offers as season ticket holders etc, so best not to do this as we will need to manually merge these when we come across them.

We would like to thank you for your patience, we do appreciate this and have worked round the clock to get to where we are today and will be doing so tomorrow and over the weekend, alongside our suppliers who have and will also continue to work with us to improve this.

As yet we have not received ticket allocation and pricing from Newcastle as soon as we do the tickets will be put on sale and an announcement will be put on the offical website as usual, the friendly games also need adding and we will look to do this tomorrow.

We will be adding products to the online store over the coming days and week and we are expecting new leisure wear from puma later this month along with the new away kit early August.

Once again thanks for your patience

Caz

Evening all,

Thanks for the feedback. As Carol said, Sheffield Wednesday are working to get everything up to the standard that the club, and the fans, expect.

As with anything new (and as up to date as this) it will take some work and the club will issue a statement tomorrow so that you're all clear on exactly where everything is at.

Thanks

:o)

I've had a few "teething problems" but it was good top be able to pick exactly where I wanted to sit.

Much better than previous system

Not sure only holding tickets for 5 mins is sufficient when buying for a few games.

Bought tickets for the Watford game expecting the tickets for the Blunts game to then become available to me online but they haven't.

Anyone advise when these will be available??

Under Season tickets, you can buy a season ticket for SUFC and WFC (ie a 2 game season ticket!!??)... don't know why it is in this category.

Edited by nebneeb

You do raise valid points. Maybe we should go back to 'Ticketmaster' and their additional surcharge?

Patience. Its a virtue you know. Think of the massive amount of work that has gone into installing this system. Its gonna have teething problems. Its not like you need the tickets tomorrow is it? FFS, stop complaining and wait for it to be running smoothly. I hope you never have owt worth complaining about, the flipping server will crash.

Guest hayhurst

I've had problems with it. But its a completely new system throughout, understand that it has only been "live" for a day an that there will be start up problems.

Is it better to have a new up to date system that will provide new retail and ticketing options. Or a crippling old system, that is at best painful and counter intuitive to use and at worst unusable.

I don't mind that it does not work flawlessly for a few days during pre-season.

Do you ever have anything positive to say about SWFC or are you just hell bent on highlighting any minor glitch that occours. No doubt there'll be a major expose in the Yorkshire Post soon......... "Major wee wee tail-up in New Ticketing System Robs Owls fans Of Millions"

Can't you find something better to do..like selling a batch of unwanted "T" shirts or something

nob

Minor glitch? And Newcastle at home tickets? I think not.

More like a bunch of marketing monkeys in cheap topman suits, all sitting around a table, trying to come up with ways of 'thinking outside the box', which, by the way, usually involves football clubs attempting to shake the last pennies out of fans' pockets whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Also, I was speaking to a guy at db this afternoon.

When they install any new IT, guess how many 'goes' the contractor has to get it right?

And guess what happens when they don't?

And guess how many transactions said IT has to be able to conduct every hour?

Answers on the back of a P45 to;

c/o Longreach

Lambrini House

Rose Tinted Glasses Road

Sheffield