Want to buy a Wednesday match day ticket?

Senario.

My Blackburn Rovers mate is wanting to come to the Owls vs Blackburn game on 1st August.

So, we have waited for something on the Wednesday website - price, date of sale etc - and neither of us have seen anything or can find anything on the website. As a result, I called the "ticket office" today on 0871 900 1867 only to find I'm transferred to "SeeTicket" - who and why!?!?

As I don't want to book tickets yet I just want to see when they go on sale and the price, I call the Main Switchboard on 0871 995 1867 to be welcomed to "Sheffield Wednesday Football Club". I am then told I can ring the "ticket office" direct on 0114 221 2400. So I do. The line is dead. So, time to ring 0871 995 1867 again to speak to an operator. I'm on hold 2 mins, then get a message "sorry, all our operators are busy please call back later" and hangs up!

To say I'm a little pissed off is an understatement.

Please, please do not tell me this is the new booking system (with a £2 charge PER ticket for telephone purchases as well).

Guest JonTheOwl66

Senario.

My Blackburn Rovers mate is wanting to come to the Owls vs Blackburn game on 1st August.

So, we have waited for something on the Wednesday website - price, date of sale etc - and neither of us have seen anything or can find anything on the website. As a result, I called the "ticket office" today on 0871 900 1867 only to find I'm transferred to "SeeTicket" - who and why!?!?

As I don't want to book tickets yet I just want to see when they go on sale and the price, I call the Main Switchboard on 0871 995 1867 to be welcomed to "Sheffield Wednesday Football Club". I am then told I can ring the "ticket office" direct on 0114 221 2400. So I do. The line is dead. So, time to ring 0871 995 1867 again to speak to an operator. I'm on hold 2 mins, then get a message "sorry, all our operators are busy please call back later" and hangs up!

Please, please do not tell me this is the new booking system (with a £2 charge PER ticket for telephone purchases as well).

Don't you buy the tickets on the door as i was planning to go to that..

Guest Eyebrowse

Senario.

Have you tried Bramall Lane they the best ticketing systems going.

Why don't you wait until 9am Friday when the new system is actually up and running online. No booking fee!

I wish we could stop all this "why can't I get this?" topic starting during a major overhaul of our sales systems. Be a little patient with it. If it hadn't been left to rot for the previous decade then we probably wouldn't even need to do this.

To the poster, it's not as though it will be a sellout so why the rush? Plan all the other arrangements and then just wait the tickets to be on sale. Simples

Why don't you wait until 9am Friday when the new system is actually up and running online. No booking fee!

I wish we could stop all this "why can't I get this?" topic starting during a major overhaul of our sales systems. Be a little patient with it. If it hadn't been left to rot for the previous decade then we probably wouldn't even need to do this.

To the poster, it's not as though it will be a sellout so why the rush? Plan all the other arrangements and then just wait the tickets to be on sale. Simples

The article on the the OS says the new system is up and running.

And I want information on pricing - I thought I made that clear - as that will be the deciding factor whether we go (and whether she travels to Sheffield from Blackburn)!!

More than likely it will be £10 adults £5 kids/oap..

That is what I'm hoping for but clarification would be great. I've not been to friendlies in the past because the Club announced prices were £15 - balls to that!

Would have thought Wednesday might put the basics at the very least on the 'Ticket Information' part of the web site. Even called Blackburn Rovers afterwards and they said they are still waiting for confirmation from Wednesday.

It really is wee wee poor - the game is in 2 weeks time and non Sheffielders going to the game have to make travel plans and we are all aware that train fares rise as you get closer to the date you want to travel.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Guest Sheff Owl

Both tickets for Hull City and Blackburn are on sale now. £10 and £5

Already got mine.

As for the cup game vs Rochdale - no imformation on that as yet.

It really is wee wee poor - the game is in 2 weeks time and non Sheffielders going to the game have to make travel plans and we are all aware that train fares rise as you get closer to the date you want to travel.

You'll be able to pay on the day and pick your own row nevermind what seat you want to occupy so stop being a drama queen and get your rail tickets booked!

Guest Sheff Owl

Cheers Sheff Owl - nice to know if I want ticket information I can get it from a fan directly as Wednesday don't seem to want to advertise it anywhere (and the club we're playing don't know anything either)! :biggrin:

No worries.

Yeah i suppose it would have been helpful to advertise tickets are on sale or even the price as nothing seemed to be mentioned anywhere.