Most Random Wednesday player

Guest walldanzig

Eric Mcmordie

He scored one of the best goals I've ever seen at Hillsborough against York IIRC. He only played 6 games for us,we wanted him to stay but he left to run his Grocers business in the North East as he felt it would pay better.How football has changed since the 70's.

He left to go back and play for Middlesborough, because although the clubs had agreed a transfer fee, we couldn't agree terms with the player. He went on to play for York City, and one other club, before finishing, about four years after playing for us.

Maybe he did end up with a grocer's business, but that's not why he left us.

He left to go back and play for Middlesborough, because although the clubs had agreed a transfer fee, we couldn't agree terms with the player. He went on to play for York City, and one other club, before finishing, about four years after playing for us.

thought the reason he wouldnt sign was because he wanted to live in middlesboro and we wanted him to move to sheffield, had a midfiels of craig harvey and him one week and within a few weeks all had gone, craig sold and harvey injured

was at that notts county match as well, and theyear before when we won 5 - 1 i think

I remember that's what was said at the time,I remember it because it was so unusual, of course it wasn't true and he did play elsewhere,apparently as said in this thread he's a newsagent in Middlesbrough

thought the reason he wouldnt sign was because he wanted to live in middlesboro and we wanted him to move to sheffield, had a midfiels of craig harvey and him one week and within a few weeks all had gone, craig sold and harvey injured

was at that notts county match as well, and theyear before when we won 5 - 1 i think

wasn't that Colin Harvey?

Guest clumber58

Always wore a headband at Wednesday if my memory is correct :biggrin:

[/quote

To cover up scar tissue on his forehead. I have a Stoke City mate who says their fans loved him.

Talking of centre halves; has anyone mentioned Guy Branston? On a par with Jon Beswetherwick in recent times.

For older posters Bernard Shaw, Jim Craig, Wilf Rostron. All shockers.

Guest tazz070299

yes sure did u in the same year, lived opposit david

Yep, same year in Rainbow, but I then went to Thornbridge. Used to live on Delves Road.

Tazz