Most Random Wednesday player

Guest walldanzig

Any one know the background to David's death? I remember him playing for Wednesday, and also went to school with him. I've only just found out that he died some time before 2003. I have read the article about the memorial trophy on the Dronfield website, but have struggled to learn any more.

Tazz

david died of cancer, was at junior school was him. and steve ludlam, david was a utd supporter who played for us and steve was a weds supporter who played for utd,

What about that big Sweedish bloke we had for few seasons...Klaas ?? Can't really rememeber much of him, where he came from and where he went???

Klas Ingesson !!

17 appareances between 1994-1996 = 2 goals :blush:

moved to AS Bari, italy

Edited by waddle82

Craig Shakespeare - One of Big Rons VERY rare mistakes

Trevor Matthewson - Met him at a party on "t" Cross on the saturday night after hed made his debut at Watford that afternoon.............dont think he ever played again

John Collins - Left back signed by Len Ashurst from Halifax

Guest tazz070299

david died of cancer, was at junior school was him. and steve ludlam, david was a utd supporter who played for us and steve was a weds supporter who played for utd,

So you went to Rainbow Forge as well? :ohmy:

Tazz

got to be Fred McIver who I remember being quite excited about because I think we got him from a foreign club - a Belgian one I think.

Sammy Todd - I still can't get out of the habit of saying I'm on my Sammy for when I'm on my own.

Also Jimmy Quinn and Jim Craig - fullbacks who hardly got a game. And recently I agree with whoever said Maurice Ross - whatever happened there?

Guest barrybanned

He's actually a property developer in Sheffield, Done well for himself. I've done a few jobs for him.

He has a child centre up at Ranmoor.

That Plattsy never played for Wednesday!

He would be thrilled you thought so though!

:biggrin:

Phil Henson.

A man constructed entirely out of golf clubs.

...lol...genius...

For me...Peter Feeley. Them that saw, knew...and Tony Coleman.....the belly went first, the rest followed, but he added a faint glimmer of pleasure one very dark, wet and sad late afternoon...

Guest Dobbyscorner

remember Mark Platt.

Was meant to be the next Chris Waddle. He came on as a sub once, actually replaced Waddle, then we never saw him again.

Wonder what happened to him ?

Mark was a friend of mine and followed Waddle to Torquay. I think he played at several other low division clubs before playing in Sheffield for a pub team, I watched him play from an 8 yr old and was outstanding in every way as a player.