Most Random Wednesday player

Guest walldanzig

Guest wednesday_lass

Not bad, one out of three "facts" correct is a good effort for a girl!

Aranalde was sent off in his second game not his debut, and Barret scored on his debut against Torquay.

for aranalde I clearly meant home debut against walsall :happy:

and for barret I knew it was either torquay & tranmere, it was one of the matches towards the end of promotion season

Julian Watts

Crikey, I'd forgotten abou Julian - I was on the same course as him at Loxley College late 80's when he was starting out at Rotherham - couldn't believe it when he signed for us a year later. Never rated him (although I think he did manage a goal for us) but I'm sure we got money for him when he went to Leicester. Kind of lost him on the football radar after that. Must be long retired now.

Guest tazz070299

Fred McIver, who DID leave us to be a milk man in Gateshead. Willie Lawson, Archie Irvine, Derek Bell, Ian Fleming, Steve Downes, Mick Kent, Eddie Prudham, David Herbert (R.I.P.)[/b], Colin Prophet, Ian Branfoot. Brian Davies. That's a random selection of very ordinary players.

Any one know the background to David's death? I remember him playing for Wednesday, and also went to school with him. I've only just found out that he died some time before 2003. I have read the article about the memorial trophy on the Dronfield website, but have struggled to learn any more.

Tazz

remember Mark Platt.

Was meant to be the next Chris Waddle. He came on as a sub once, actually replaced Waddle, then we never saw him again.

Wonder what happened to him ?

Mark Platts,played against him as a schoolboy,unbelievable player.I remember him goin in goal cos the keeper got injured,he went on a run from his own box,beat every player and scored!!He played for England under 15s.I think he lost interest in the game and started drinking.Went to Torquay then out of the game.Wot a waste...