Most Random Wednesday player

Guest walldanzig

Guest wednesday_lass

Robbie Mustoe - scored once in the last minute vs brighton

Zigor Aranalde - sent off on his debut, never seen since

Graham Barret - utter horse wee wee, scored once against tranmere I think

Fred McIver, who DID leave us to be a milk man in Gateshead. Willie Lawson, Archie Irvine, Derek Bell, Ian Fleming, Steve Downes, Mick Kent, Eddie Prudham, David Herbert (R.I.P.), Colin Prophet, Ian Branfoot. Brian Davies. That's a random selection of very ordinary players.

Didn't he leave to go back and play stacks of games for Middlesborough? He was on loan from them, played his games for us, and then went back to Middlesborough.

Think you're right but at the same time as playing for the 'Boro he was building up his business to earn a decent crust and have a career after he'd finished playing. Wonder what happened to him

Fred McIver, who DID leave us to be a milk man in Gateshead. Willie Lawson, Archie Irvine, Derek Bell, Ian Fleming, Steve Downes, Mick Kent, Eddie Prudham, David Herbert (R.I.P.), Colin Prophet, Ian Branfoot. Brian Davies. That's a random selection of very ordinary players.

Ian Nimmo runs a driving school in Boston. Edited by darra

From Wiki

During the following 1974–75 season McMordie was loaned out to Second Division Sheffield Wednesday for two months (mid October to mid December). During his time at Sheffield he played nine games and scored six goals in a struggling Wednesday side who were relegated to Division Three at the end of the season. Those six goals made McMordie Wednesday’s top scorer that season and included two goals in a 3-3 away draw with Notts County, a match made memorable by County’s Ian Scanlon scoring a hat-trick in 165 seconds. At the end of the loan spell, McMordie could not agree terms for a full transfer to Wednesday and returned to Middlesbrough.[3][4]

I was at that game

Robbie Mustoe - scored once in the last minute vs brighton

Zigor Aranalde - sent off on his debut, never seen since

Graham Barret - utter horse wee wee, scored once against tranmere I think

Not bad, one out of three "facts" correct is a good effort for a girl!

Aranalde was sent off in his second game not his debut, and Barret scored on his debut against Torquay.

Does the national media ever remember when a good player played for Wednesday?

With the exception of Di Canio - who's remembered for an obvious reason - they always seem to omit Wednesday from a players CV.

We're not a sexy team. Not a sexy name. Not got a sexy history. Will always happen.

Unless we change it...