Most Random Wednesday player

Guest walldanzig

Mine is David Johnson. I used to play alongside him in the early 80's for Junior Reds ( Jason Swann who went onto play play for Wednesday youths, Richard Lucas and Mitch Ward who went on to play for the Blades were also part of the same side )

I think he scored the goal that never was - well according to Les Sealey ( RIP ) anyway. It was against Villa, at Villa Park, late 80's or early 90's. We won the game 1-0.

Johnson had a header that did/didn't cross the line and Sealey went ballistic.

I'm not thinking of the other David Johnson who played for us later on. ( the small fast black guy on loan from Forest)

It was Jemson who scored that goal. although Johnson did play in the game.

Guest Theboylangers

It was Jemson who scored that goal. although Johnson did play in the game.

You're right, it was Jemson. Wonder what happened to DJ ( as he used to be called ) - don't think he made many more appearances for us.

Yeh a good one that mid 80s young icelandic kid, didnt Arsenal buy him from us and hardly played a game for them? Wonder what happened to the lad after that?

Didn't he get a back injury at Arsenal which he never really recovered from?

Guest gringo69

I Posted about Siggi opening the Morrisons at Darnall on page 4, and he did have an injury that supposedly ended his career, but only at the time, as he made a comeback a few years after and played on to a fair old age. Went to Dundee United before going into coaching and management.

Guest eccoowl

A few from the 80s :

David Mills

Pat Heard

Colin Walker

Trevor Matthewson

David Hodgson

Gary Owen

Mills, Owen and Hodgson had all been good players and moved for big money in their time. Sadly that time was long before they appeared at Hillsborough.

TREVOR MATTHEWSON, WEDNESDAY LEGEND, SHIRECLIFFE LAD, USED TO GO TO SCHOOL WITH HIS BROTHER PAUL,