SWFC Megastore

I know this is the wrong forum to post this but other than the boardroom forum noone else cares about the others, so I wanted to moan here.

You can't buy the new shirts and gear anywhere but the OWLS megastore apparently and no one are going to stock them at all in the future because the club dont want them to. Thats what JJB said to me on saturday, so i thought jesus thats crazy the scum sell they're crap in shops around town other than there shop and they're ground is in town!!! Hillsborough is a c**t to get to when like me you have to catch the bus. It takes me two buses to get there. But hell i went down to the megastore the same day and to my shock the shop was shut. This was at 1pm the saturday thats just gone, the shop had signs up saying they had to do a stock check and update theyre systems.... Its Only the busiest day to have the shop shut when everyones off work! That must have lost them a fortune in sales! why couldn't they have shut mid-week when theyre always dead and everyone is at work!? It just doesnt add up, lets get this straight no shirts to be sold anywhere but the owls megastore and then lets shut the store the weekend after its release.... OH flipping WELL DONE!! WHO THOUGHT THEY WERE GOOD IDEAS????!!! WE'RE REALLY GUNA HELP THE KIDS THIS WAY NOT TO MENTION THE CLUBS HEAVING BANK BALANCE!!!

I know this is the wrong forum to post this but other than the boardroom forum noone else cares about the others, so I wanted to moan here.

You can't buy the new shirts and gear anywhere but the OWLS megastore apparently and no one are going to stock them at all in the future because the club dont want them to. Thats what JJB said to me on saturday, so i thought jesus thats crazy the scum sell they're crap in shops around town other than there shop and they're ground is in town!!! Hillsborough is a c**t to get to when like me you have to catch the bus. It takes me two buses to get there. But hell i went down to the megastore the same day and to my shock the shop was shut. This was at 1pm the saturday thats just gone, the shop had signs up saying they had to do a stock check and update theyre systems.... Its Only the busiest day to have the shop shut when everyones off work! That must have lost them a fortune in sales! why couldn't they have shut mid-week when theyre always dead and everyone is at work!? It just doesnt add up, lets get this straight no shirts to be sold anywhere but the owls megastore and then lets shut the store the weekend after its release.... OH flipping WELL DONE!! WHO THOUGHT THEY WERE GOOD IDEAS????!!! WE'RE REALLY GUNA HELP THE KIDS THIS WAY NOT TO MENTION THE CLUBS HEAVING BANK BALANCE!!!

You could have just read the os, where it said they would be shut this weekend.

I was surprised they closed it on a weekend too, but I'm sure there must have been a valid reason for it.

Just as there's a valid reason that they're only planning to sell the shirts in the official store, so we actually get to keep the cash, rather than JJB's bank manager.

Stop moaning.

1. It means Wednesday get all the money from the shirt sales - except for £1 which goes to the Childrens hospital.

2. It was publicised that the store was shut for the new computer/network/till installations

3. Use the Interweb to order

4. Use paragraphs.

Brilliant.

:biggrin:

The stocking of the shirts has been done to death on these forums and the concensus seems to be that it's a good idea to keep exclusivity to Sheffield Wednesday instore and online.

Basically, this means that the club can maximise revenues on these items and also gain extra add-on sales benefits when people purchase the shirts. In the past, stores like Sports Soccer have sold the shirts on at a massive loss in order to get people through the doors and that has affected SWFC's revenue streams.

Also, by selling directly through the club, the club can monitor all sales and give the relevant amount of money to The Children's Hospital - this wouldn't be possible through sales at other stores.

As for conveniece, you can buy the products via mail-order, or - from tomorrow, you can buy them online.

In regards to the store being closed, it was reported on the official site and in the press beforehand that the store would be closed this weekend.

Also, regarding you not wanting to post in the correct section purposefully - basically, that's a load of balls and therefore I'm closing this thread.