Massive :-) grumble about the kiddies kits

I went to get my 2.5 year old the kit today. I noticed that there is NO badge on the shorts unlike all the other ones. I had to look twice just to make sure, but there isn't one there. Now I know the kids kits are cheaper, but they are identical in every other way, sown on badges instead of being printed as has been the case with kids kits in recent years, so I was confused as to why this is the case. It's the same right up until 4-5 I think then from 5 upwards the badge appears.

Nothing can be done, but I just wondered why this was the case as it does put a slight dampner on it.

So its not just a dodgy batch where they've been left off?

Could have been but I didn't have much time to ask. Perhaps someone with a small child could confirm if they have the same problem. It is rather weird I must admit, not that my 2.5 year old would notice but that's not the point.

I went to get my 2.5 year old the kit today. I noticed that there is NO badge on the shorts unlike all the other ones. I had to look twice just to make sure, but there isn't one there. Now I know the kids kits are cheaper, but they are identical in every other way, sown on badges instead of being printed as has been the case with kids kits in recent years, so I was confused as to why this is the case. It's the same right up until 4-5 I think then from 5 upwards the badge appears.

Nothing can be done, but I just wondered why this was the case as it does put a slight dampner on it.

Do you think there is no badge simply because there isnt room on the shorts for the badge as the shorts would look daft having a large badge well it would look large on the little shorts anyway.

This needs confirming as I bought a kids kit this morning and had it printed up but didn't check the shorts as they were under the shirt.

The old kits had one so no reason why the new Puma kits can't.

Do you think there is no badge simply because there isnt room on the shorts for the badge as the shorts would look daft having a large badge well it would look large on the little shorts anyway.

The old kits had a badge plus the new badge on the shirt is smaller than last season so there is no reason for them not to.

Again, needs confirming by the club.

Ermmm... smaller badge perhaps? :biggrin:

Sometimes no badge is better than a small badge as it may just look stupid like most other things to do with size where it just wouldnt look good on the eye :rolleyes:

Not sure - there is no reason the badge wouldnt look OK smaller as the shorts are smaller - its all about getting the proportions right.

Its a visual thing not a size thing (honest) :biggrin:

Other than the badge issue, has anyone else had one of the baby/toddler kits yet? I want to know if there are press-studs on the back again or if they're just a plain 't-shirt' neck - which would enable me to get TOMMY 2 on the back of my lad's kit...

What's the quality like on the nippers' kits?

Other than the badge issue, has anyone else had one of the baby/toddler kits yet? I want to know if there are press-studs on the back again or if they're just a plain 't-shirt' neck - which would enable me to get TOMMY 2 on the back of my lad's kit...

What's the quality like on the nippers' kits?

I personally think the quality is great. The sponsor & badge are all sown in & not printed, just that so far there does not appear to be a club badge on the shorts.

My sister bought a kit for her one year old son, there was no badge on the shorts.

We didnt notice until we got it home. Didnt think to check whether any adults shorts had the badge on or not, just assumed PUMA had decided on a kit with no badge on the shorts for some reason.

Having thought about it now it seems a tad silly.

Whilst I don't want to knock the club for their choice of kits & designs which I think are fantastic & without doubt the best we've had in years, I do think however it was a stupid move not to put the badge on the kiddies shorts. They may as well just be any pair of black Puma shorts which loses the whole idea & identity of them being Weds shorts.

Epic fail :laugh: