Young Owls U13's

Guest bigbo

Guest bigbo

they are going for the league title this thursday (9th april) if anyone wants to go and watch them. they have won all 16 league games this season and only need a point to win it.

6.15pm k.o at Sheffield University Playing Fields on Bawtry road.

Edited by bigbo

It is only the C division though, they have been flitting between B and C for the last couple of seasons.

They are not that good, but have a cracking little player but i fear his size will halt his development.

A title is a title though so congrats to them if they do it.

Guest bigbo

It is only the C division though, they have been flitting between B and C for the last couple of seasons.

They are not that good, but have a cracking little player but i fear his size will halt his development.

a,b,c,d,e,f doesnt matter................. you cant argue with 16 wins out of 16 games. also never been relegated so they cant have been flitting between leagues.

all wednesday arnt we!!!!

still got plenty of time to grow my 17 year old lad has shot up in the last 2 years.

Guest bigbo

they are going for the league title this thursday (9th april) if anyone wants to go and watch them. they have won all 16 league games this season and only need a point to win it.

6.15pm k.o at Sheffield University Playing Fields on Bawtry road.

well they did it, thats 17 wins from 17 games, league title won, well done lads.

(not bad for a side thats not that good)

As a dad to one of the lads who play in this team it would be easy for me to say they are a good team.

Personal loyalties aside they are a very good team. The Junior football structure in Sheffield is governed by where you finish at U9 level. This sets which league you play in from U10. Add to this the change from small sided football to proper 11-a-side it can take some time for a teams real ability to shine through.

Whilst in the 'C' division this season this team has matched up against 'A' and 'B' division sides in the cup and come out on top. All this has been done with a squad that is requently hit with injuries.

More importantly the coaches ensure the lads play the game in the way we like to see. At times they play some excellent football. As someone has alreay ready said to win every game takes some doing, no matter what the standard.

I would confidently put this team up against any other team in the 'A' & 'B' divsion.

One more game to go for 18 from 18. Make sure you give them a good hand when they walk round the pitch v Southampton.

P.S. Size doesn't matter, ask the wife :blush:

Guest newcross

my lad could have played in net for them 2 yr ago but he decided to stay with handsworth.the manager was a guy called steve n another bloke they were really gud n at the time i thought they had the nucleus of a good side.good luck for next season in b division ps as long as you dont beat greenhill

Guest newcross

u9s are just lumped together anyhow n there is a massive gulf bwetween some teams u talkin 23 nil n the likes which just demorilises kids

I know....i know

And in that team that loses 20 odd nil, may be a little gem of a player who gets lost to the game because they cannot enjoy just playing football

League tables for kids is flipping ridiculous imo

I would ban league tables for every age group under about 14 - preferably 16 tbh

They don't serve any useful purpose whatsoever - apart from ridiculous bragging rights

Kids don't give a stuff about results and league positions - unless it is reinforeced by their parents/coaches whatever.

They just wanna enjoy playing with their mates and having fun - as soon as results and league positions become the focus instead of enjoyment and fun then we've lost the plot

Guest bigbo

my lad could have played in net for them 2 yr ago but he decided to stay with handsworth.the manager was a guy called steve n another bloke they were really gud n at the time i thought they had the nucleus of a good side.good luck for next season in b division ps as long as you dont beat greenhill

they wiped the floor with greenhill 3-1 in the Tesco cup this season already :ph34r:

Edited by bigbo