Academy link

Since Owlstalk is a sponsor of Sheffield Wednesday academy, I believe that we deserve bit more of a feed back from them.

How about player profiles from someone who works with that kids, with a 420kb photos that I know they did ?

How about line-up and scorers for every academy day every Saturday or Sunday.

How about little report on the game every Monday ?

How about questions and answers sessions with players and coaches every now and then ?

How about short profiles of future academy recruits and under 16 players, etc...

I really thought that this section will help us get to know what is going on around academy bit better, but it did wee wee poor job of it thus far.

I'm getting really disappointed with this section :sad:

This website won't raise their profile by even 1%

It won't, but it's how the players think of themselves that would be the issue here. It must be difficult enough for the club to stop the academy lads from thinking that they've already arrived anyway, without the fans (even if it's only a few) taking the kind of interest in them that is normally reserved only for the first team squad.

It won't, but it's how the players think of themselves that would be the issue here. It must be difficult enough for the club to stop the academy lads from thinking that they've already arrived anyway, without the fans (even if it's only a few) taking the kind of interest in them that is normally reserved only for the first team squad.

People aren't taking any interest - that's why this section is more barren than the sahara in a heatwave

And just a few threads on here isn't gonna get the lads strutting like peacocks - they're already on the official site

And public interest is something they're gonna have to handle anyway if they're gonna have careers in the game

People aren't taking any interest - that's why this section is more barren than the sahara in a heatwave

And just a few threads on here isn't gonna get the lads strutting like peacocks - they're already on the official site

And public interest is something they're gonna have to handle anyway if they're gonna have careers in the game

I ought not to belabour my point because it was merely offered as a reason for why the club might be cautious about exposing the players to any more interest than they already have (which is perhaps partly the cause of Malek's frustration with this section).

Nevertheless, I can't vouch for the robustness of the psychologies of teenaged academy footballers; if they had the more balanced view of someone who'd been out of school and in the real world for more than just a year or so, then perhaps they would know that being chatted about on an internet message board hardly constitues hitting the big time, and that they still have a long, long way to go - but still, look at the facts - some think they have arrived already anyway because, after all, they're young, naive and often highly open to suggestion. I wouldn't want to underestimate the effect on a teenager of seeing himself being discussed on an internet messageboard by complete strangers, even if there are only a few people having the discussion. The comments could also be negative; it doesn't help a young player to read that DamnedOwl thinks he's poo , and for Scram to agree; it's not easy for a 19 year old to deal with this kind of criticism, nevermind a 16/17 year old - so why expose them prematurely to what is already acknowleged to be a psychologically difficult test. If the club can protect even one player from his own naivety and inexperience, and from going off the rails, then perhaps they should do it.

I'm curious about the academy players and I'd like to know more about them - but I wouldn't want the cost of my curiosity to be a young player, who is otherwise very promising, going by the way-side.

I think that you are bit off target DamnedOwl, as we are obviously already having academy section, where we are already commenting on these youngsters.

I done believe that us getting bit more info on them, and bit more in-dept game reports (that most clubs already have on their sites) would be harmful to them.

I already wrote short profiles on this fellas, and it could have worst effect on them that same thing done by someone at club, who has bit more informations and know situation better.

I think that you are bit off target DamnedOwl, as we are obviously already having academy section, where we are already commenting on these youngsters.

I done believe that us getting bit more info on them, and bit more in-dept game reports (that most clubs already have on their sites) would be harmful to them.

I already wrote short profiles on this fellas, and it could have worst effect on them that same thing done by someone at club, who has bit more informations and know situation better.

You may well be right, but it's difficult to judge from the sidelines.

Anyway, if someone from the academy set-up were quite happy to contribute to this section in some way in the future then fair enough; I'll take their wisdom as to what's best for the players to be sound enough.

The simple reason this section hasn't improved much is down to me not having a moment to myself at the moment due to work commitments - plus the fact that shortly after the academy link to the club was officially made all the changes took place at the club so we need to communicate again with SWFC on this point..

Owlstalk Shop

The simple reason this section hasn't improved much is down to me not having a moment to myself at the moment due to work commitments - plus the fact that shortly after the academy link to the club was officially made all the changes took place at the club so we need to communicate again with SWFC on this point..

Hmmm

I know you are able to make a difference to an extent - and i know under the right circumstances you will make this an interesting section

However my initial point remains - most fans don't care for academy football and only raise an interest in the players that get through to the first team periphery and squad.

However, if nothing else myself and malek and a few others will always read this section with great interest and having quite a lot of knowledge and experience in academy football i will always try and contribute

I too agree there should be more, or at least better, coverage of the Academy site on the OS.

The fixture list is always out of date and without the complete set of fixtures.

I'd do it from home for free, keep the scores as up to date as possible, include a few stats etc...

Obviously I can't get to most matches but Ross Storey could give a match report on every game?