MACULEY ON THE MOVE..............2 MORROW

Guest QUEENSKEEPER

Guest union owl

Of course at that level it is not about results, however since Dungworth came on board we have picked up and are in fact unbeaten. The job of the academy ultimately is to produce future first team players but it cannot do players confidence much good when they are getting beat week in week out. Maybe Dungworth has added some mental toughness and as long as that doesn't stifle a players natural talent, it can help prepare them for senior football.

just a thought does anyone know? when wilko was dirty leeds manager was dungworth leeds academy manager :unsure:

Guest QUEENSKEEPER

Ok so Chesterfield is a little off the mark so it seems after todays events.

Looks like he is off to the USA at the end of May........hopefully to build better links for the club

Note quite an April Fool then

Guest Sterland

Ok so Chesterfield is a little off the mark so it seems after todays events.

Looks like he is off to the USA at the end of May........hopefully to build better links for the club

Note quite an April Fool then

his last game in charge this season will be tomorrow against Newcastle, let's see if he comes back pre-season! I'd say it's unlikely, but i could be wrong!

Guest Sterland

I would say likely.

You could be right lad, i just find it strange that he would take time out now, for whatever reason, scouting etc, theres a couple of games left before end of season and the 2nd years get their opportunity to a professional contract soon. Maybe there is method in the madness, time will tell!

the 2nd years get their opportunity to a professional contract soon.

I'm pretty certain he will be back for that.

But yes, i agree the timing is strange, but probably unavoidable.

Edited by bobtheowl

Guest carlg

just seen this - superb news, especially following on grant's contract renewal news.

these 2 roles/positions within a club are pivotal to the club's heart and soul.

good times.

so, in light of SM's decision, DA to focus on simon davey now? ;-)

Guest Sterland

a week's a long time in football, lets see if this topic is correct this time next week